• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anything this is on the Bama D.

For all the talk about that Bama D being the strength and the O being shaky the O dropped 30+ while the D gave up 30+.

It's good experience for Hurts. I'm proud of him for making it as a true freshman. It just wasn't his time yet, even though I was pulling for Bama.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I thought the playcalling was mostly fine, and better than a lot of what Kiffin has been doing. The problems were Hurts not seeing open receivers (freshman mistake) and drops drops drops. There had to have been 6 or 7 catchable passes that were dropped while Clemson's receivers were nabbing everything in a 6ft radius. More runs weren't going to do any good when Clemson was stuffing everything and Bo was out. If Bo didn't get hurt, I'd agree they should have run a lot more.

And penalties. So many penalties stalling drives and giving Clemson more shots.

Clemson played better and won. Absolutely deserved it.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Good game Clemson. I'd cheer ACC but that conference pride is never extended to Duke so fuck all yall.

Just think how bad NCSU feels.

Hurts played pretty freaking well. True freshman.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but this. That last drive was all him.

He's got room to improve, obviously, and I'm faithful he'll get there. But he did enough to win this. Our defense was on pace to be the best ever. They didn't close. Period.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Not sure if you're being sarcastic, but this. That last drive was all him.

He's got room to improve, obviously, and I'm faithful he'll get there. But he did enough to win this. Our defense was on pace to be the best ever. They didn't close. Period.

Of course not. He missed throws downfield but so did Watson. And hurts doesn't have Freak Williams.

I'm really glad that the defense lost Alabama the game.

bachikarn

Hurts played pretty freaking well. True freshman.

I mean, he was 13/31. I don't think he played 'freaking well.' He certainly made plays on the last drive, but during the second half, it seemed every play was him running around and then throwing an incomplete. To me, they should have run it more.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
No way. Go check the 3rd down efficiency and TOP.

How about I check the score where the much talked about Bama D gave up 35 while there offense with a Freshman QB still scored 31.

Not to mention the D gave up 21 in the 4th when it mattered most.

Big congrats to all of Clemson nation!

What a fucking game and team for the ages.

Always a beautiful thing to see the underdog make it happen.

ACC best conference 2016.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
SEC network is blaming Sark. Lots of finger pointing. Great TV

Yeah, I don't think you can put it on Sark. The Alabama defense got worked and there is no excuse for the defense to be gassed.

But make no mistake Alabama will be back next year and they'll potentially even has Heisman QB play with Tua Tagovailoa committing.

YO, IF YOU MOTHER FUCKERS THINK I WAS SMUG BEFORE, YOU AIN'T SEEN SHIT

I love you all, even the Walmart Bama fans who showed up here like a week and a half ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom