• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Talon

Hurts was shaky and skittish throughout the third and most of the fourth. For a true freshman, he avoided turnovers and made big plays with his legs. That's pretty good.

They missed Bo for sure, but that last scoring drive was impressive with the save on third and 17.

I'm sure Saban wishes he salted away time on that last drive.

NightOnyx

Amazing game! So happy for Clemson! I moved close by to Greenville a year and half ago. It's hard not to cheer for Clemson and their program. Dabo and his team are great and I'm so happy to see them win it this year after coming up short last year.

Limedust

How about I check the score where the much talked about Bama D gave up 35 while there offense with a Freshman QB still scored 31.

Not to mention the D gave up 21 in the 4th when it mattered most.

I don't think it tells the whole story. At one point, the O went 0 for 10 on 3rd down conversions, and let Clemson run a huge number of plays this game. D got gassed (even with the commercials).

How about I check the score where the much talked about Bama D gave up 35 while there offense with a Freshman QB still scored 31.

Not to mention the D gave up 21 in the 4th when it mattered most.

Clemson has a 2 time Heisman runner up, the best receiving core in the country and a very good offense line and running back. They got what felt like 100 plays, in large part because Bama's Offense was completely inept for the majority of the game. Their Defense got worn down. Not to mention they were missing their All-American Safety and a very solid starting hybrid DB.

So I mean give the lions share of the credit to Clemson, but let's not act like Alabama's Defense is somehow fraudulent.

Deacon

I don't think Hurta played bad... the Clemson defense played him very well. Losing Bo destroyed what offense we did have. I seriously doubt Kiffens play calling would have been any better... Clemson ended up out playing our offense and sadly our defense ended up getting gased... I'm going to go to sleep severely disappointed but have to give credit to the way Clemson refused to quit.

cdyhybrid

How did Ohio state score 0 though. Big 10 ban please.

Rust Belt just wants to Make Football Great Again.

The fan who just called into Paaaaawl said this loss is all on Hurts. If Saban doesn't replace Hurts with Tua, the fans won't be too happy

Tua will have to prove he is better. Hurts had a great season for true freshman. They just ran into a team where they needed more from him, and he wasn't ready yet.

I don't think it can be understated how much Scarborough's injury killed them.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hurts was shaky and skittish throughout the third and most of the fourth. For a true freshman, he avoided turnovers and made big plays with his legs. That's pretty good.

They missed Bo for sure, but that last scoring drive was impressive with the save on third and 17.

I'm sure Saban wishes he salted away time on that last drive.

Easy to say that with hindsight, but the offense did what they needed to do. Defense was just too gassed to get the stop. Besides, Bama wasn't getting anything in the run game so if they tried to burn clock they probably just would have punted or turned it over on downs.

Poor Sark, be may be one and done.

No way, Sark did fine.

The play calling on offense in the third quarter was pretty woeful for Bama. Typical 7-Win Steve not making the kind of half time adjustments that Norm Chow used to make.

Oozer3993

Maybe Northwestern is secretly champs since they beat Pittsburgh who defeated Clemson.

Pitt beat the national champions and the Rose Bowl champs. Pitt the true champs.

Edit: I am dumb. Very, very dumb. I don't know how I forgot that Penn State lost the Rose Bowl. I luxuriated in their loss the whole night. I am filled with shame.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Yeah, the lack of offense by 'Bama had Clemson on the field too long.. the Bama D got tired.

Outside of that nice flea flicker from Sark.. his 2nd half play calling was poor.. which is to be expected.. he came in without a lot of experience actually calling plays for these guys.

I think if Kiffin was there... they win.

j-wood

Man, those Clemson hats are ugly AS FUCK.

Also, can we please stop with "only God could do this" or "God wanted this to happen"? It's a fucking football game.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I don't see how anyone could really blame Hurts for this loss. He didn't have his best RB for most of the second half, didn't to have any dynamic playmakers to help him out, and still got the lead with 2 minutes left. He needs whoever the next Julio Jones/ Amari Cooper is.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I think if Kiffin was there... they win.

Did you miss the Washington game? The offense never clicked at any point at all. At least before Bo went out there was something working against Clemson.

With Kiffin calling the plays Clemson probably would have won by 3 TDs.

bachikarn

Easy to say that with hindsight, but the offense did what they needed to do. Defense was just too gassed to get the stop. Besides, Bama wasn't getting anything in the run game so if they tried to burn clock they probably just would have punted or turned it over on downs.

No way, Sark did fine.

But the reason the defense was gassed was because the offense sucked.

The running game was averaging 6.5 yards per carry. Kind of hard to say they weren't getting anything. I get Clemson blew up some run plays, but they should have stuck with it IMO.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
The fan who just called into Paaaaawl said this loss is all on Hurts. If Saban doesn't replace Hurts with Tua, the fans won't be too happy

I would just assume Tua is going to be the starter, why would they not start him? Tua is going to be a stud and is already better than Hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom