• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan-ts

Jedd Fisch is out at Michigan and on his way to UCLA. Interested to see who will replace him. Greg Roman was the first name that popped up but he doesn't really fit with Tim Drevno still around.

Also, Clemson smells like doo-doo.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Minnesota and Northwestern carrying the torch for B1G faithful everywhere.

hey, 2 of the 5 B1G programs that have the same or fewer offensive players with a touchdown scored, than Alabama has had defensive players with touchdowns scored.

Alabama Defenders with TDs: 9 players
Minnesota offense: 7 players
Northwestern offense: 8 players
Iowa offense: 9 players
Illinois offense:9 players
Rutgers offense: 8 players

just to see what some upper teams have gone with

Alabama Offense: 12 players
Penn State Offense: 12 players
Ohio State Offense: 13 players
Michigan Offense: 15 players
Clemson Offense: 14 players
Washington Offense: 12 players

cdyhybrid

Utah hired Eastern Washington's OC (and Jake Browning's high school coach) to be their OC.

I think that's a great hire. Now they just need a QB.

Lonestar

I'm delayed on watchespn, but schuster could have sold that better.

Also, he wants Bama again.

Corsick

Interesting play and call, learned something about the ball crossing the line of scrimmage. Good on the refs for getting it right.

Just stop beating around the bush and admit you wanna have sex with Jabrill Peppers

Much like Michigan, youre living off things from the 90s i see

TRNDNeQ.gif

Corsick

I appreciate the QB development but what a miserable guy Kiffin must be to be around.

He's actually a smart guy, but his intelligence is completely undermined by his lack of maturity. He's a sensitive person who can't control himself and hasn't grown up.

That isn't a catch by the way, he bobbled it and trapped it right when his last food was stepping on the white line. Won't get overturned though.

The east has 3 blue blood programs. 2 of them recruit with the best teams in the nation. The West has a blue blood in Nebraska, but their recruiting doesn't touch Michigan or Ohio State, and is worse than PSU, but is comparable to the 4th and 5th best East recruiters in MSU and Maryland. That's a huge fucking discrepancy.

Just look at this years team rankings
http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

The top 5 recruiters in the Big Ten are ALL East teams.

I guess I should say that they don't recruit 4 stars at a consistent level.

Unless the B1G championship game becomes a yearly blowout (currently 1/3rd of the time on a very small sample size), where's the fire? There's one program in the Big Ten proven immune to sanctions, attrition & coaching turnover, and that's Ohio State. In terms of recent on-field results, Michigan and Penn State are closer to Wisconsin and MSU than they are to Ohio State.

jfkgoblue

Unless the B1G championship game becomes a yearly blowout (currently 1/3rd of the time on a very small sample size), where's the fire? There's one blue blood program in the Big Ten proven immune to sanctions, attrition & coaching turnover, and that's Ohio State. In terms of recent on-field results, Michigan and Penn State are closer to Wisconsin and MSU than they are to Ohio State.
LOL Ohio State is the only blue blood to not have a recent down period in all of CFB, they just got lucky that Meyer fell right into their lap.

Having down periods is normal for blue bloods, but blue bloods also come back from it. Sparty may never get back to the level they were at recently.

And LOL at the suggestion that Michigan is closer to Wisconsin and fucking Sparty than OSU.

Lonestar

Unless the B1G championship game becomes a yearly blowout (currently 1/3rd of the time on a very small sample size), where's the fire? There's one program in the Big Ten proven immune to sanctions, attrition & coaching turnover, and that's Ohio State. In terms of recent on-field results, Michigan and Penn State are closer to Wisconsin and MSU than they are to Ohio State.

6lR0Fci.gif

Mrbob

Most college schools wish they could be as good as Wisconsin over the last 25 years.

andycapps

Touche.

He did turn Blake Sims into a playoff contender somehow though.
Not sure how to say this correctly, but Bama has enough talent on the team so that they just need a QB that won't screw up and will stay within their offensive plan. It helps when their defense is so good that your QB doesn't have to go out there and throw a lot of risky passes.

But yeah, Blake Griffin was an interesting thing for them and it worked out surprisingly well.

LOL Ohio State is the only blue blood to not have a recent down period in all of CFB, they just got lucky that Meyer fell right into their lap.

Having down periods is normal for blue bloods, but blue bloods also come back from it. Sparty may never get back to the level they were at recently.

And LOL at the suggestion that Michigan is closer to Wisconsin and fucking Sparty than OSU.

Lets just come out and say it, Michigan will eventually have to beat Ohio State if they ever want to be successful again. It's unavoidable. Changing the divisions won't change that fact.

;-)

Most college schools wish they could be as good as Wisconsin over the last 25 years.

I definitely agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom