• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
I think it was pretty obvious USC was the best team not in the running for the CFB Playoff once they got their shit in order.

The bigger crime is why it took them a month to get it. Not that I think they should have beaten Bama or anything. Yet no way should this team have lost to a down Stanford team or Utah.

This has sorta been USC's MO as of late. Look clueless and lose some games they should win. While also looking like a top 5 team at times. They can't seem to put it all together.

I think it was pretty obvious USC was the best team not in the running for the CFB Playoff once they got their shit in order.

The bigger crime is why it took them a month to get it. Not that I think they should have beaten Bama or anything. Yet no way should this team have lost to a down Stanford team or Utah.

This has sorta been USC's MO as of late. Look clueless and lose some games they should win. While also looking like a top 5 team at times. They can't seem to put it all together.

it was a new head coach this season right? No doubt that was a factor early in the season.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Not sure how to say this correctly, but Bama has enough talent on the team so that they just need a QB that won't screw up and will stay within their offensive plan. It helps when their defense is so good that your QB doesn't have to go out there and throw a lot of risky passes.

But yeah, Blake Griffin was an interesting thing for them and it worked out surprisingly well.

Blake was an interesting QB. I mean, he performed the worst of his season against Ohio State, with 2 passes he absolutely shouldn't have attempted, both were bad interceptions (one a pick 6).

He'd skip some passes on the turf, but he would bust out a sweet deep ball pass. Still the most offensive yards in a season for Alabama. Alabama needs 331 yards against Clemson to do better, but in 1 more game (see Blake Sims vs Ohio State again)

it was a new head coach this season right? No doubt that was a factor early in the season.

didn't he interim almost half the year the previous season?

jfkgoblue

Lets just come out and say it, Michigan will eventually have to beat Ohio State if they ever want to be successful again. It's unavoidable. Changing the divisions won't change that fact.

;-)

I definitely agree.

Michigan and OSU should always be in the same division obviously. Never said otherwise

Crazy first half. Mostly good officiating besides that catch by Penn State in the end zone clearly not being controlled in bounds. That was bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom