• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulik2

I don't know that everyone is picking Clemson insomuch as they want someone other than Bama to win it.

Clemson also played their best game of the season against OSU and Bama's offense struggled hard against Washington's D. I think they beat Bama if Bama's offense is as bad as it was against Washington.

Big Blue

I don't know that everyone is picking Clemson insomuch as they want someone other than Bama to win it.

Clemson dropped 40 points on 'em last year and I think Bama's offense is inferior with a Freshman QB. If Clemson doesn't turn the ball over, it's definitely possible.

These guys also have to fill 9 days with national championship talk. If they all say "bama wins in a rout" they kinda don't have anything to talk about for a little over a week.

These guys also have to fill 9 days with national championship talk. If they all say "bama wins in a rout" they kinda don't have anything to talk about for a little over a week.

I'm aware, man. This isn't that. All I'm saying.

Finally off work. Gonna have a beer and blunt in my hands within 5 seconds of entering the crib, God willing. Let's get this shit started.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Last year's game wasn't a blowout, but I hate this narative that Clemson should have won.

Sure Bama had to get creative with the onsides especially for momentum, but they did.

Plus Bama won by double digits with a kneel down. It wasn't like Clemson was driving for the win and time ran out or something.

Cyan

Banned
You have eyes, man. I don't think they're being disrespected, but acting oblivious to Clemson being the favorite pick everywhere outside of Vegas is, lol. Some of the players have basically said as much. That's not stupid on their part, just them reacting to the media (which I kinda hate, they tend to block that out).

Y'all have a hell of a squad and could very well beat us tonight. You'd have to be an idiot to disagree.

sis pls.

Everyone knows Bama's gonna win, we just really really really don't want them to.

sis pls.

Everyone knows Bama's gonna win, we just really really really don't want them to.

lol I understand. Y'all selling Clemson short, though. They've got a shot (obviously)

Last year's game wasn't a blowout, but I hate this narative that Clemson should have won.

Sure Bama had to get creative with the onsides especially for momentum, but they did.

Plus Bama won by double digits with a kneel down. It wasn't like Clemson was driving for the win and time ran out or something.

Clemson absolutely outplayed Alabama. And we only won by 5 lol.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Clemson dropped 40 points on 'em last year and I think Bama's offense is inferior with a Freshman QB. If Clemson doesn't turn the ball over, it's definitely possible.

Bama's offense is definitely worse, but the defense is also better. And the DC isn't distracted by preparing to be a HC at another school.

I don't think Clemson scores as much as last year, but whether or not the Bama offense can keep up is the question. A defensive or special teams TD could go a long way in this game.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Bama's offense is definitely worse, but the defense is also better. And the DC isn't distracted by preparing to be a HC at another school.

I don't think Clemson scores as much as last year, but whether or not the Bama offense can keep up is the question. A defensive or special teams TD could go a long way in this game.

Just want to let you know: This is, by total YPG, Alabama's 2nd best offense under Saban, behind Blake Sim's 2014 team.

Yeah, not getting this year's offense being worse than last year's. We definitely don't have the consistency stretching the field vertically that we developed midway last season, but by all other measures, this year's offense is better than 2015's.

andycapps

Other ACC teams and South Carolina aren't. Thought that was just an SEC thing.

ESPN
If any cfb fan roots for another conference school, they're suspect. So yeah I wouldn't expect fans of other ACC programs to root for Clemson, but the Bama fatigue might be enough to get them past rooting for a rival.

If any cfb fan roots for another conference school, they're suspect. So yeah I wouldn't expect fans of other ACC programs to root for Clemson, but the Bama fatigue might be enough to get them past rooting for a rival.

All jokes. I'm completely aware why someone like Florida State might be pulling for Clemson tonight. And I understand. Comes with the territory.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Not a fan of either school or coach, but Clemson winning helps overall ACC perception. So I guess Go Tigers.

One of my OG friends just texted he's about to walk into the stadium. He went to Clemson fyi.

Bama 31 Clemson 20.

Clemson will fail to convert a key 4th and 1 as they have no under center plays, and special teams will give Bama great field position all game.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Saying you let your fans down in your performance while winning the national championship is such a shitty cocky motherfucker thing to say. Fuck that guy.

ag-my001

Don't like the look of the Coaches Room, but Finebaum doesn't have Marcus Spears. I'd go with stadium sounds, but I don't get that channel in HD. Decisions, decisions.

whoohoo, finally I will be able to watch the NC game live.

My head says Bama by less than a touchdown. But I'd like to see Clemson win.

Bama 24 - 21 Clemson

Kevtones

Regulation 4-4 tie.

OT
- Bama's first possession ends in an interception.
- Clemson fumbles and Bama picks it up and runs it all the way back to the 10 where DeShaun Watson strips the Bama defender and the ball goes into the end zone where DeShaun Watson picks it up and gets out to the 5 yard line before trying to juke his way out before he jukes his way into his own end zone for a game-losing safety.

Bama wins 6-4

Rooting for Bama too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom