• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff + New Year's Six |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juju entering the draft.
Not surprising

Declared based on a single game or what?
The Oklahoma game.. but he doesn't even have better stats than Jalin Marshall did (and he went undrafted). Noah has great tangibles.. but no team is going to spend a high pick on so much uncertainty. He is making a mistake. He can stay back and play and build his stock some more.

It's your time to shine Victor.

Najee Harris staying with the tide

img

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Najee Harris staying with the tide
But that just doesn't make any sense. Who would turn down an offer to go to Michigan? Unless... unless he's getting illegal benefits to enroll at some school in Alabama?

tebunker

Banned
But that just doesn't make any sense. Who would turn down an offer to go to Michigan? Unless... unless he's getting illegal benefits to enroll at some school in Alabama?

Clearly it's a bagmen, who wouldn't want to be a Meeecheegan man? Who? Tell me now!

ryan-ts

Young kids make mistakes. After he watches Michigan win the championship for the next four years, he'll learn his lesson.

andycapps

The question is how much money his family got and how many highschool coaches of his got jobs at Bama, tbh. Why else would he not go to Michigan?

pxleyes

Banned
So I'm gonna be in Tampa tonight through Tuesday for work. Need to figure out how to get the most out of being down the road from the game tomorrow. Any ideas?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Definitely considered it. Doing some research now into the fan fest stuff. Gotta imagine there is something worth walking around and checking out.
Look for the bus showing the Beverly Hillbillies 24/7, and partay.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
What am I looking at here? They are signing the traditional Hawaiian "Hang loose" sign, so I'm assuming thats the family of Alabama's new QB recruit from Hawaii that they are billing as Mariota 2.0

That is Tua and Michigan's #1 recruit Najee Harris. Weird that they are hanging out together since they will be enemies next year.

That is Tua and Michigan's #1 recruit Najee Harris. Weird that they are hanging out together since they will be enemies next year.

I just looked up Najee Harris and it says he's committed to Alabama, not Michigan. He's also turning 19 in March so I assume he failed a grade. He'll definitely need to utilize his tutors at Alabama to pass his classes

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/01/najee_harris_alabama_recruitme.html
vzX1iKE.jpg

Brandon Huffman ‏@BrandonHuffman 26m26 minutes ago
Antioch (Calif.) RB Najee Harris just texted and confirmed he is enrolling at Alabama this week: "I'm here at Alabama and going to 'Bama."

najeeharrisalabama.jpg

In some new Najee Harris rumors, Michigan insiders are now saying he is a Michigan lock... TBH I just want this shit to be over.
Rumors swirling in Ann Arbor that Harris is already enrolled at Michigan and is heading straight from AA game to Ann Arbor.
So Najee Harris to Michigan it looks like.
Bama is actually having a bit of a down recruiting year and there is a very good chance they lose at least Harris in this class, but yeah OSU is having a crazy year.

Michigan will be fine either way, especially if they can somehow flip Harris(which is looking more likely every week), Harbaugh has proven to be a FANTASTIC recruiter, so I am not too terribly worried about any specific guy. He will get blue chippers no matter what, our recruiting doesn't depend on a specific player, not to mention that he is one of the best at coaching up talent.

Honestly, way more worried about Bama than Georgia, Georgia is like Clemson last year for Rashan Gary IMO, late visit where he said that he "loved" it there, but never really a huge factor. I could be wrong though,
Also those two experts CBing him to UGA, one is national, the other is Auburn.
24/7 is still predicting Michigan though.
Also feeling like Harris is coming to Michigan, he's holding a press conference, which doesn't make sense if he is staying with Bama
The Big Ten appears to be heading toward the Big 2, little 8 again(well little 12 now)

Michigan does not use just one RB, we have 5 that all see the field a lot, and only Deveion Smith is leaving this year. Harris would probably get into that rotation though.

I'm not saying that everything is terrible for Michigan if Wilson flips.. they'll still have a solid class assuming everyone else goes how they are going to go.
But it does hurt a little if he flips..
And yes.. if Harris doesn't flip.. I would be shocked at this point

Starting to feel really good about us flipping Harris :D
https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachWhea...rc=twsrc^tfw
Followed up by:
https://mobile.twitter.com/CoachWhea...rc=twsrc^tfw

FYI: Tyrone Wheatley is Michigan's RB coach.

DPJ is announcing tonight at 8:30 on ESPN2

I am also getting way to confident that Harris flips, this is how disappointment comes.

But everything is starting to point him being blue... goddammit I need to stop getting hyped over where a HS kid chooses to go to school.

Oh and member when the NFL guys thought that Harbaugh would hate recruiting? He loves bragging about Michigan and choosing his roster.
Long way to go till February 2018, Moses was committed to LSU for a LONG time before swapping, Harris has been committed to Bama for 18 months, and now rumors of him flipping are seriously picking up steam.

All that means is that Clemson leads right now.

But since he is a QB, he has a decent shot of sticking.

Harris thinks Jim is a god..

I told you that you were flipping him

Yup.. if he flips.. that's pretty much it.

Najee wearing a Michigan shirt to school.

Long time until NSD...
Harris flip is looking likely.. I didn't think Moses would flip though if it happens.. damn.. it's still a great class for Bama as usual.. but still.
Najee Harris will be leaving that dumpster fire too.

Bo9hdun.gif

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
So what's with all the Harris hype? Is he the RB I saw mention is so good he will probably leapfrog everyone and be the starter on whatever team he picked (Bama)?

Bama back to the RB pileup after the position was looking thin. Guessing we see at least one if not two transfers after next season.

Lonestar

So what's with all the Harris hype? Is he the RB I saw mention is so good he will probably leapfrog everyone and be the starter on whatever team he picked (Bama)?

Bama back to the RB pileup after the position was looking thin. Guessing we see at least one if not two transfers after next season.

Bo leaves after next season, We'll see what Damien Harris wants to do. Left with Jacobs, who might get a bigger role, and Emmons who got injured. I figure it's the last 2 that could decide to do something else.

I mean, Alabama started the year with 5-6 QB's and no clear idea of who the starter was going to be, and now it's just the Freshman (with 2 of those QB's staying through tomorrow, just in case, before they leave). Next season looks to be 1 true sophomore and 2 true freshman. All that, in 1 year.

ryan-ts

He's super-overrated. Glad Michigan didn't get Harris, never wanted him.

ryan-ts

Most 5 star RBs are overrated. Guys like Kevin Grady and Derrick Green are rare exceptions to that rule, those guys were true superstars.

Lonestar

Most 5 star RBs are overrated. Guys like Kevin Grady and Derrick Green are rare exceptions to that rule.

Derrick Henry did some things at times.

Trent Richardson, that enigma, wins 2 championships and 2nd in the Heisman, but no one remembers that anymore.

TJ Yeldon had a very nice career, but got sandwhiched along with Eddie Lacy, Trent Richardson and Derek Henry.

Waiting and Seeing on how Damien Harris and Bo Scarbrough turn out ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom