• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
please four is fine. it's bad enough i had to watch ACC trash play in the Rose Bowl today.

The other ACC trash chop blocked their way to. A big victory, though.

The only thing that a 6-team play off would do is get 2 more undeserving SECSECSEC teams in the playoffs.

Kusagari

5AzQrBQ.jpg

Dalthien

6 with byes sounds good. This whole thing has definitely proven that there definitely shouldn't be 8

Why not? #8 beat #5. If you're going to go to the trouble of playing 3 weeks of playoffs, then you might as well put in 8 teams. And why give byes to two teams that haven't earned anything. Bama would have had a bye, and they didn't do anything all year to deserve a bye over several of the other top teams.

honestly, this year was just an anomaly in terms of how many contenders there were

plus Bama stole TCU's spot and the ACC was too weak to take out FSU

Why not? #8 beat #5. If you're going to go to the trouble of playing 3 weeks of playoffs, then you might as well put in 8 teams. And why give byes to two teams that haven't earned anything. Bama would have had a bye, and they didn't do anything all year to deserve a bye over several of the other top teams.

True, just stick with 4 although I do wonder if a 2 loss SEC champion would get in over some other 1 loss teams

Jagsrock

Banned
So has anyone rewound back to that play near the end that looked like a fumble? It's not a big deal now but it seems like they missed a call there

Yeah it was crazy how quickly they skipped over it even the commentator was kinda shocked. It looks like a fumble to me and at least warranted a look. One of many questionable calls in Bama's favor but whatevs. Buckeyes outplayed them and proved they were legit even with the refs best efforts to keep bama in it.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
BTW, really impressed with Jones... If you didn't tell me this guy was 3rd string 6mo's ago I'd called bullshit.

D

Deleted member 102481

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else thinks the OSU QB declares for the draft? I mean if he wins the national championship why stay?

what a scary facial expression

i remember a couple years back espn post game show hanging their heads in despair when bama lost a reg season game. i was like "what the fuck you biased assholes". seriously it was disgusting. where's the neutrality that sports commentary used to have?

hey, now everyone can claim themselves national champs with the power of Transitive Property™

well, unless there's some 0 win stragglers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom