• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pimpwerx

This is a lose lose game for ECU.

If you win, who cares? The other team didn't have a head coach. If you lose, jeez, you lost to a coachless team that was pretty bad with their coach.

To your latter point, the dead cat (coach) bounce is a real thing. Teams that lose their coaches seem to win the next game or two pretty consistently. I know the phrase comes from somewhere, but I can't back it up with statistics. PEACE.

Tamanon

Banned
Florida has the bodies to just do what South Carolina did to us. Line up and run it down our throat. Took them a half to figure it out, maybe Florida has it down already.

Pimpwerx

Muschamp's biggest weakness in my eyes was his inability to identify and develop talent.
Yeah. The guy rode Driskel straight to the unemployment line. Dude was blind to the talent on the roster.

LOL @ that Vegas commercial. I gotta try that sometime.

Huh...that's what McElwain looks like. Cool. Sounds like...a head coach. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Nice TuD for the Gators! I like that McElwain was studying the game the whole time he was being interviewed. Eyes on the field,and even paused a few times to let a play develop. He can't be worse than muschamp. PEACE.

bachikarn

Is this salt or are you being serious? From the outside UF's defense is the only thing they have. If you're saying your defense isn't any good either, wow, that must suck.

It was still Muschamp's defense. I think Durkin calls play. Just felt like our defense wasn't as effective when Dan Quinn left, but that could be due to talent leaving. We have given up a ton of third and longs, and play too conservative at times. But statistically we have done really well, so maybe I'm being unreasonable.

Pimpwerx

Well, that was a waste of a drive where we had terrible field position. WTF was Driskel in? If this is some senior sendoff bs, save it until the game is secured. Or for when we have a short field. I don't understand that decision. Driskel has no fans at all. PEACE.

andycapps

The bright side of all the FSU players having their cars keyed was that it was about time for FSU boosters to buy them 2015 models anyway.

Pimpwerx

Holy flashback. How many people remember Terry Dean? Once upon a time, he was a heisman hopeful. He threw one pick too many one game, and a young Danny Wuerfel would get minutes and never relinquished the start again. Poor Dean has been completely forgotten since. He wasn't a bad QB either. PEACE.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
So Driskel is going to La Tech and NOT Duke....thank God. Anyone who can make Anthony Boone look like Teddy Bridgewater is not needed here.

Pimpwerx

So Driskel is going to La Tech and NOT Duke....thank God. Anyone who can make Anthony Boone look like Teddy Bridgewater is not needed here.
Your QB situation has to be in absolute tatters for Driskel to be considered a solution. Seriously. The kid can't play QB. PEACE.

Pimpwerx

Oh no. Not fucking Driskel. FFS, walk it off Treon.

This motherfucker can't throw the ball. How are you a QB and you can't throw? It's an essential part of the job. And muschamp just kept trotting this garbage bag out there week after week. I'm about to turn the game off. I'm done with the muschamp era. I don't want to watch his fucking floater of a QB stinking up the last game of the season. PEACE.

jjasper

Seems like a dumb choice for him. He has all of the physical tools to be a good QB and if there is anyone that could use ability and turn him into a QB it would be Cut.

Pimpwerx

Harris done? We're fucked. These guys do not want to play with Driskel. Two drops just now. There are no more fucks to give.

The Wil Muschamp Era can be summed up in just two words: Jeff Driskel. This shit can't end soon enough. PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom