• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a decent lead now with 493 points.

I would of clinched it already if I had went with the majority and picked Oregon...why oh why did I choose FSU!

B6eIGZvCAAAe3Si.jpg

Holy shit, Jim Mora actually deleted his Twitter about because he couldn't handle the heat he was getting fire his salty ass handshake at the end of the ucla/kstate game?

Piggus

Lol, there you go again talking about yards allowed. It's a useless stat when comparing Oregon to other teams. It's like time of possession. Given our style of play on both offense and defense, both stats are meaningless.

While I'm at it I'll just remind you that our early season D gave up 10 fewer points to MSU than you guys did late in the season. A good chunk of the points we gave up (such as against UCLA were when the game was over by the 4th quarter and we had our third stringers in. Despite that, OSU and Oregon have allowed an average of 22.1 and 22.2 points respectively per game. So if you think your defense is vastly superior then I guess you're only focused on the useless yards allowed stat. :p

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
I for one am totally fine with being labelled a passive observer.

I have always been a huge Royals fan and paid out the nose for seats when they were in the playoffs, since they had only been once in my lifetime prior to this year. I am a fan, dammit!

When the Huskers rise again to their 90's glory, you better bet your ass I will be there in support, regardless of the cost! Especially if I am already guaranteed a ticket.

Hey so seriously, outside of Bama's run under Saban and Meyer's stint with Florida, can anyone honestly explain to me exactly what was so fab about the SEC during this cute little run that is now clearly over?

Tamanon

Banned
Hey so seriously, outside of Bama's run under Saban and Meyer's stint with Florida, can anyone honestly explain to me exactly what was so fab about the SEC during this cute little run that is now clearly over?

Florida
LSU
Florida
Alabama
Auburn
Alabama
Alabama

Not a bad run of champions.

Florida
LSU
Florida
Alabama
Auburn
Alabama
Alabama

Not a bad run of champions.
I guess you missed the "outside of Saban + Meyer" part of my question. So your answer is LSU in 2007 (arguably a proxy Saban title) and Auburn, winner of the Cam Newton $weep$take$?

I rest my case.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
"Cute little run." Uh huh. I doubt we'll ever see another conference pull off a string of seven straight national championship wins. I'd think the only "cute little run" a Michigan fan would be interested in seeing being "clearly over" was the 10 out of 11 ass beatings that your arch-rival has handed you.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If we didn't have the playoff, Alabama would've likely won again this year too.
Ehhhh... maybe. Winston is a better passer than Jones and probably would have had more success through the air on our poor second CB. Lack of depth at ILB showed through, too, when Ragland and Lee both went out with injuries, and there was nobody capable of stepping up with Collins went out. Our defense was exposed against both Auburn and Mizzou, and OSU knew how to exploit us just from watching those games.

It was a hell of a surprising run for us, and I still can't believe Sims took us as far as he did. Going into this year, not many Bama fans really thought this could be the year, due to all of the turnovers and question marks at key positions. Unfortunately, that looks to be the same position we'll be in next year, so I hope whoever steps up at QB can perform as well as Sims did this year. Cooper is as good as gone, so there won't be an AA wideout to bail whoever it is out.

LSU lucked into a title game with Saban's guys and Miles didn't fuck up.

So no not really.

Lol, there you go again talking about yards allowed. It's a useless stat when comparing Oregon to other teams. It's like time of possession. Given our style of play on both offense and defense, both stats are meaningless.

While I'm at it I'll just remind you that our early season D gave up 10 fewer points to MSU than you guys did late in the season. A good chunk of the points we gave up (such as against UCLA were when the game was over by the 4th quarter and we had our third stringers in. Despite that, OSU and Oregon have allowed an average of 22.1 and 22.2 points respectively per game. So if you think your defense is vastly superior then I guess you're only focused on the useless yards allowed stat. :p

Was more of a joke post, obviously this game isnt going to come down to defenses (well it will, but you know what I mean.) Just thought the the 2 teams who bucked the trend were playing.

Also think its a bit disingenuous to talk about your early season defense and not MSU early season offense, not to mention where both of those games took place

Once in a lifetime opportunity. Like I said before, if you do not make every effort to go, you cannot say you are a fan!

I sat in the first row of the 2006 championship game at the 30 yard line, I was right on the UF/OSU fan split. Sure it was fun, but when the bill came a week after I got home I was regretting it (this may have more to do with the game....)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yeah, having roughly half of the championships, doesn't really make it an SEC run. It's more of a 2 team run with scraps going to teams with Tigers in their name.

zywmlcdwvpdzsfkuvbua.jpg

Tamanon, get your people in line, before they become uncontrollable, like Alabama's...

alabama-fan-plant.jpg

perfectchaos007: If not for that game, we wouldn't have the playoff now.

Lunar15

The SEC has also had some really great bowl records in the past few years. Not so much this year. Unless you're the East!

SECSECSEC
EAST

But yes, we can all agree that the Playoff system did do a good job of preventing automatic ins. I'm an SEC fan, but I do love seeing it get put in its place when it deserves it.

It really is harder for a woman to discretely pee in public. Who here hasn't peed in public while intoxicated? exactly

The SEC has also had some really great bowl records in the past few years. Not so much this year. Unless you're the East!

SECSECSEC
EAST

SEC West: perfect non-conference, shitty bowl performance
SEC East: shitty non-conference, perfect bowl performance.

What does it mean?

pxleyes

Banned
Yeah, having roughly half of the championships, doesn't really make it an SEC run. It's more of a 2 team run with scraps going to teams with Tigers in their name.

zywmlcdwvpdzsfkuvbua.jpg

Tamanon, get your people in line, before they become uncontrollable, like Alabama's...

alabama-fan-plant.jpg

perfectchaos007: If not for that game, we wouldn't have the playoff now.

Bama fans love to kill trees.

Lunar15

It really is harder for a woman to discretely pee in public. Who here hasn't peed in public while intoxicated? exactly

SEC West: perfect non-conference, shitty bowl performance
SEC East: shitty non-conference, perfect bowl performance.

What does it mean?

It means the west was outrageously overrated, which I think everyone now agrees on. As for the east, I don't know, maybe it's some Angels in the Outfield shit.

It's funny finding out who Mora has blocked from his Twitter beyond just the usual private lockdown.

It seems like practically anybody who might've mentioned him once in passing is blocked, lol

Lonestar

Obviously we'll never see it again now that the playoffs are here. I whined a lot about the SEC getting auto-ins to games against overmatched opponents in a decent portion of that string of wins, and hey, they did win the games... but if we hadn't had a playoff this year, we would've seen Bama crush FSU for yet another "OMG SEC is amazing" title game victory.

meh, this was the 2nd or 3rd worst of Saban's teams here. Could feasibly be his worst defense. 3rd and Long defense has turned into 80% chance of 1st down, and it's been that way for most of the year. We were living and dying by how well the offense performed on a week to week basis (really bad against Ole Miss and Arkansas, good against Auburn).

The only thing I'm upset about, was after Henry was blowing up OSUn, they forgot him for 2 quarters, and then only to give him a couple of touches. 15 touches for 149 and you don't run that till it's stopped? That's just dumb.

Unless they've said he was banged up sometime, but I never heard that.

Can't wait to see what Alabama will do next year. Another new QB, with 3-4 choices, and a shitload of young WR's, but with more youth in the secondary and LB's.

Feels good to know people care enough about Alabama to hate, it's much preferable to being forgotten. Maybe Michigan and Tennessee can get back there, some day :D

Lonestar

Hehe, wish I could say I knew the feeling. :p I dunno about everyone else, but I don't really hate Bama, just the SEC as a monolithic whole.

You wanna stoke the hate, you and mre and co are gonna have to become way more obnoxious.

We can't all be the Ohio North crew.

Lonestar

Oh come on? Are we really obnoxious on here?

I don't know, is buck posting something here, I don't know, he's on ignore.

It was enjoyable to see the group of 10-15 first timers pop in just to say "Suck it Alabama". It'd had been a year since I saw them, and I was getting worried about them. They might have caught that Ebola that everyone worried about.

I don't know, is buck posting something here, I don't know, he's on ignore.

It was enjoyable to see the group of 10-15 first timers pop in just to say "Suck it Alabama". It'd had been a year since I saw them, and I was getting worried about them. They might have caught that Ebola that everyone worried about.

THe drive by posters are always annoying, but every team has them. I dont think any of the regular, for any team, are obnoxious on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom