• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read into this what you want...

B6ctbLXCEAIrmdq.jpg

Tamanon

Banned
:(

Nice try Pirates. Florida just has too much more talent, especially on defense. Good showing at least. Will miss Hardy.

Pimpwerx

That's the last of Driskel. Get out of my life you bum.

At least we finished the season with a win. Let the McElwain Era wash this awful taste from my mouth. The last few years have been depressing. PEACE.

MrJames

That's the last of Driskel. Get out of my life you bum.

At least we finished the season with a win. Let the McElwain Era wash this awful taste from my mouth. The last few years have been depressing. PEACE.

At least he went out with a gaming clinching first down run. It's like his Rudy moment.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Some super salty Bama fans at work were arguing some bullshit conspiracy theory about the playoff games being fixed with the security guard (from Ohio, dude lives and breaths OSU/B1G football). Coincidentally, it was the same people who said OSU didn't deserve to be there before the game. So much bitterness, it was hilarious.

I just don't see Braxton Miller transferring to FSU, team is loaded with QB talent, MacGuire, Deandre and De'Andre. Cardale jones declaring is a more likely outcome.

Some super salty Bama fans at work were arguing some bullshit conspiracy theory about the playoff games being fixed with the security guard (from Ohio, dude lives and breaths OSU/B1G football). Coincidentally, it was the same people who said OSU didn't deserve to be there before the game. So much bitterness, it was hilarious.
Fixed as in saban being paid to make his team take a dive?

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Fixed as in saban being paid to make his team take a dive?

Saban, the university, somebody. They didn't have many ideas on the actual fix details, the only thing they said that made any sense was bringing up the issues Bama had during the game - the playcalling (agree it questionable at best), the lack of defensive adjustments (agree they failed to do this for most of the game), the uncharacteristic mistakes (that could easily be attributed to jitters from the time off).

But yeah, they basically said Alabama (and maybe FSU) got paid to lose to prove the playoff was necessary. And that it was proof the playoff needed to be expanded because if the teams that "shouldn't have been there" (Oregon, OSU) won their games, how can you say the next couple teams, or the next couple, or the next couple wouldn't also win. More playoff games = more money.

I wasn't really involved in the conversation much, I only pointed out Scott's phenomenal punting which was handwaved because "the defense was just going to give up the yards anyway, field position didn't matter."

But yeah, pure salt. I was smirking the whole time because it was so dumb.

KingGondo

Banned
All of my biggest point failures this bowl season have been SEC teams. 36 on Lolburn, 34 on Corndog U, 30 on the other Ole Miss. (I correctly picked TCU over the first Ole Miss)

Though to add to your lack of faith, I also had 25 points on the Sooners.
smh.

Cyan pls.

KingGondo

Banned
Speaking of the dirt burglars, looks like Mike Stoops might be interviewing for the LSU DC position.

Dammit. Makes OU significantly less hateable.

Right before Mack Brown was fired, he made a statement "I'm in Florida recruiting... killing myself down here. I have not decided to step down."

Charlie Strong landed a couple more 4* recruits from Florida to commit today. He's arguably better at recruiting Florida than Texas right now given his former territory connections.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Is there a school out there whose quarterbacking situation is so bad that they would actually let Driskel transfer to them and waste a valuable scholarship spot? Not even Texas should be willing to do that.

Is there a school out there whose quarterbacking situation is so bad that they would actually let Driskel transfer to them and waste a valuable scholarship spot? Not even Texas should be willing to do that.

I think we are currently looking for one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom