• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early enrollee's still can't sign their LOIs until February (it's just moot at that time). The paperwork which can be signed at this stage just binds Texas to the kid. He's still fair game to flip (however unlikely that may be) until he's enrolled and on campus for class. Unless the rules have changed, in which case please educate me?

longhornNetwork: 5-star LB Malik Jefferson has officially signed with Texas and is scheduled to enroll in January. #MerryChristmasToUs #HookEm

Mike Finger ‏@mikefinger
Jefferson's name was just on a @TexasFB tweet. A UT official says that's because he's already signed an athletic scholarship agreement.

he signed something pretty binding it seems. I honestly don't know the ins and outs of signing periods though. I know we're currently in a period where recruits can't take official visits at this point.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
longhornNetwork: 5-star LB Malik Jefferson has officially signed with Texas and is scheduled to enroll in January. #MerryChristmasToUs #HookEm

Mike Finger ‏@mikefinger
Jefferson's name was just on a @TexasFB tweet. A UT official says that's because he's already signed an athletic scholarship agreement.

he signed something pretty binding it seems
He's signed those papers I referenced above, which binds the school to him. Once he signs those, the school can actually comment upon his commitment, but he's not bound to the school.

This talks about the rule in general: http://espn.go.com/college-sports/r...oses-early-enrollee-loophole-questions-remain

jjasper

Speaking of A&M recruiting we apparently got a kid today that was a Nebraska decomit everyone assumed was an aggie till today.

Mrbob

gZDJB0y.jpg

I think Harbs will use Michigan as leverage to get more money from a NFL team.

mre

That's just convoluted as hell!
It's the NCAA!

Realistically, nobody is flipping the kid. He committed during the dead period and is an early enrollee, so nobody but Texas coaches (since he signed those papers) can communicate with him before he'll be on campus.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Speaking of A&M recruiting we apparently got a kid today that was a Nebraska decomit everyone assumed was an aggie till today.

Well that is throwing your future away. Tennessee won't be back at the top of the SEC any time soon, regardless of a few big recruits.

jjasper

Well that is throwing your future away. Tennessee won't be back at the top of the SEC any time soon, regardless of a few big recruits.
If you are picking between A&M, Nebraksa, and Tennessee I am not sure winning a conference title is high on your prereqs for a college.

Meier

This is from Warchant. I haven't heard the rumors he references but just passing this along:
More importantly, we've heard the results will be positive for Winston. Keep in mind that is from a good source but we haven't confirmed it nor are we comfortable enough with the info. that we would "report" it as news. But it's pretty solid IMO and again consistent with the rumors circulating.

Meier

Well, too late to make my pick in the first game.. man, these bowls are mostly really well matched. I don't feel very confident in putting high point values on many matches. :\

I, for one, will be completely shocked when this is the case. :|

Well, there's never been any proof or evidence at all that would support her claims so it's hard for someone to rule against him you'd think. Not commenting on the investigation and whether or not that is the reason for this, just the facts as they've been presented. The judge in this case is an independent arbitrator so we'll see what happens.

mre

Well, there's never been any proof or evidence at all that would support her claims so it's hard for someone to rule against him you'd think. Not commenting on the investigation and whether or not that is the reason for this, just the facts as they've been presented. The judge in this case is an independent arbitrator so we'll see what happens.
I think the entirety of the world is convinced he's walking, so there is no surprise here. I also don't blame FSU fans for not wanting to comment or discuss the "investigation."

Meier

I think the entirety of the world is convinced he's walking, so there is no surprise here. I also don't blame FSU fans for not wanting to comment or discuss the "investigation."

There's nothing to be gained by doing so. Everyone else has made up their minds so it accomplishes nothing.

mre

There's nothing to be gained by doing so. Everyone else has made up their minds so it accomplishes nothing.
I don't think most people *know* he raped her, but the actions of the investigating officers and Winston himself have certainly clouded the public perception as to what most people *think* happened.

ag-my001

Re: New graphics

It'll be nice on highlight shows, as now there won't be stacks of scores and news so much.

For the game, I'm sure 10-3 is exactly the exciting start to bowl season ESPN wanted.

andycapps

Early enrollee's still can't sign their LOIs until February (it's just moot at that time). The paperwork which can be signed at this stage just binds Texas to the kid. He's still fair game to flip (however unlikely that may be) until he's enrolled and on campus for class. Unless the rules have changed, in which case please educate me?
I believe that JUCO early signing day was earlier this week but you're correct on the rest. It commits Texas to the kid and they have to honor the scholarship offer and can talk about him publicly, contact him as much as they want, but he can still sign elsewhere.

ag-my001

Oh I forgot that bowls started today. Which shitty teams that no one cares about are playing?
Hey, there's a championship game on ESPN 2 right now. Division II, but still a championship. I-AA has a semi final on too.

New graphics package nowhere to be seen in these later games.

Hey, there's a championship game on ESPN 2 right now. Division II, but still a championship. I-AA has a semi final on too.

New graphics package nowhere to be seen in these later games.

Texas Highschool 6A state championship games are being aired on Fox Sports. Also, an NFL game is on.

4/4, looking at 5/5 if BG can hold on.

Decent start, if a bit lackluster in points given all of my picks being correct. Was tempted to put more confidence points in ULL, but didn't. Oh well. My others will just have to make up for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom