• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Missed it! Wow. You have to question the play calling there to not get that ball centered for the kick but that must be how the kid likes it.

Draconian

Please explain to me why you don't set the kick up in the middle of the field? I get that these kickers prefer kicking from the hash, but who cares when the percentage of kicks missed from short range is much higher at the hash than in the middle of the field.

Man do I ever hate kickers.

tokkun

Please explain to me why you don't set the kick up in the middle of the field? I get that these kickers prefer kicking from the hash, but who cares when the percentage of kicks missed from short range is much higher at the hash than in the middle of the field.

Man do I ever hate kickers.

Their last play was an incompletion to the far end, so either they weren't listening to the kicker, or they didn't succeed in getting it where he wanted.

Silkworm

Thing is, not sure how much the 2 have been around. All I can see, is they were both on John L Smith's staff back in 2000. Otherwise, its just that Nuss followed McElwain at Alabama, while not being at school at the same time.

http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20141223/ARTICLES/141229877?tc=cr
McElwain certainly has a good knowledge of Nussmeier’s coaching ability. The two were on the same staff at Michigan State for three seasons (2003-05).

This is what I was basing my comments on them knowing each other. Figured that was better than never having worked together. Sure a lot has changed since then but I still feel it's a good fit. Of course how successful they will work together ultimately will be judged by what ends up happening on the field, i.e. results speak louder than words.

Florida getting Nuss has me convinced SEC teams (or maybe just Gata) just want to have bad offenses on purpose. Michigan's offense was a dumpster fire this year

Silkworm

Florida getting Nuss has me convinced SEC teams (or maybe just Gata) just want to have bad offenses on purpose. Michigan's offense was a dumpster fire this year

Michigan is a black hole.... ;-)

Nuss was successful before then. If all he had to go on was his last job then I'd be really afraid. As it is, how Michigan's offense performed with Nuss is a concern but I still like to look at the bigger picture. Glass half full and all that :)

ryan-ts

Looks very good for Harbaugh, however, coaches have changed their minds before.... cautiously optimistic until it's official. Mullen seems to be the top Plan B although some suggest Miles is still in play.

Draconian

The Western Kentucky head coach is a moron. Up by 14 with 2 minutes left to go, let's just start throwing it deep for no reason! Way to stop the clock when you could've easily put it to bed then you fool. I would've loved to see Central Michigan get that 2 pointer at the end just so that coach's idiocy would be on full display.

ffman

Unconfirmed Member
As a WKU alum I am amazed they blew that lead. This team has a killer offense but no defense to speak of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom