• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chumly

I was referring to retaliation in the eyes of a judge.

BYU started the whole thing if you think an appropriate reaction to a shove is 3 guys beating a dude on the ground (with helmet swing and kicking included).

Not that who started it even matters.

Bronco Mendenhall has been a good coach, a defensive genius that for some reason gave up coordinator duties this year. At this point im kinda hoping he leaves and we can get Sitake from Utah. Taysom is back next year but who cares if our defense is a dumpster fire?

The BYU guy that started it started throwing punches right away. He did get ganged up on though immediately as he was trying to throw punches.

Anyways. There should be numerous people from both teams punished.

Jeff-DSA

I was referring to retaliation in the eyes of a judge.

BYU started the whole thing if you think an appropriate reaction to a shove is 3 guys beating a dude on the ground (with helmet swing and kicking included).

Not that who started it even matters.

Bronco Mendenhall has been a good coach, a defensive genius that for some reason gave up coordinator duties this year. At this point im kinda hoping he leaves and we can get Sitake from Utah. Taysom is back next year but who cares if our defense is a dumpster fire?

I feel like Bronco is starting to get the itch to make a serious run at coaching a playoff contender team. He keeps having small glimpses of special teams at BYU, but due to the recruiting limitations they're always extremely thin on the 2nd and 3rd string players. Literally one or two injuries can derail an entire season, like we saw this year with Taysom and Williams going out. Oh, and the entire starting defense going out too. But at a big school, those teams can absorb several injuries and their backups aren't a huge fall off. I think if you give Bronco a squad like that, he could do big things.

Edit: And I don't know how people are saying that BYU started that fight. The Memphis players ran from their sideline to go get in the faces of the BYU players after that game. You could hear on the original broadcasts, both KSL's radio and ESPN's TV, that it started when Memphis charged the BYU sidelines and one of the BYU players shoved a guy who was mouthing off in his face. Players shove people out of the way all the time after games, it doesn't typically cause a massive pile on and brawl. Yeah, Nacua is going to get suspended/expelled, but anybody that expects a player not to defend their teammates and themselves when attacked is stupid and has never been threatened.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
I'm afraid I've got some bad news...

I'm glad I went in and spent like a minute on making picks and submitting them, even though I didn't bother at all with changing confidence point, just to make sure I got them submitted.

I ultimately did forget to do confidence points before the games started, but with how badly I've picked the early games it would likely only have hurt me to move them around at all.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
You can still change the confidence points around on all the remaining games.

I know, what I meant was I'm glad I didn't mess around before this because all the bad picks I've made in games that are finished have all been in the lower point levels. I'm only 2 for 6 right now, but those 4 losses combined are only a loss of 16 points total.

inm8num2

Goodbye, Narddawg.

Michigan State defensive coordinator Pat Narduzzi will be the next head coach at Pitt, according to a source with knowledge of the situation. The deal has yet to be finalized and is not expected not be announced until after Christmas. Barring any eleventh-hour breakdown, Narduzzi will be announced following the Christmas holiday.

@JoePequenoCBS5: Source close to Michigan told me unless he changes his mind, Harbaugh will leave 49ers to become new Michigan Coach.

This seems like really weird phrasing

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
There is a rumor posted on reddit that Pruitt might get poached by A&M.

If true (unlikely but still), what recruit would trust him to be there for any length of time?

inm8num2

Good for him, I'm interested to see him as a head coach. And of course the Spartans will be fine, the sky was falling after Treadwell left in 2011, now we're averaging like 20 more points a game.

Narduzzi will be missed but I'm also happy for him - he became one of the very best coordinators in the country and more than deserves a HC gig. However, as you say the Spartans will be fine. Dantonio is a defensive-minded coach, and for the past couple years he's seemed pretty confident in being able to find a good replacement for Narduzzi.

Not much time left to get in your "no one carries the Longhorn Network" jokes.

mikefinger: RT @LonghornNetwork: LHN for you and LHN for you and LHN for yooouuuuu! @DIRECTV will carry LHN in January. http://t.co/wXE4UFh4Da

mikefinger: So that leaves Comcast as the last major LHN holdout. And it's in the process of merging with TWC, which already carries it.

Narduzzi will be missed but I'm also happy for him - he became one of the very best coordinators in the country and more than deserves a HC gig. However, as you say the Spartans will be fine. Dantonio is a defensive-minded coach, and for the past couple years he's seemed pretty confident in being able to find a good replacement for Narduzzi.

Yeah, it's Dantonio's scheme, he'll get the right person to run it. What I'll miss is Narduzzi's ability to head down to the field and get those guys fired up. It's a thing of beauty.

Not much time left to get in your "no one carries the Longhorn Network" jokes.

mikefinger: RT @LonghornNetwork: LHN for you and LHN for you and LHN for yooouuuuu! @DIRECTV will carry LHN in January. http://t.co/wXE4UFh4Da

mikefinger: So that leaves Comcast as the last major LHN holdout. And it's in the process of merging with TWC, which already carries it.

There's a lot of mileage left in the "no one watches the Longhorn Network" jokes, though.

Speaking of mileage, Florida State extended Jimbo through 2022.

Of course, they also extended him last year. It must be nice to be a college coach, where you can get extensions and pay raises every season. (At Miami, the same applies to players.)

On the flip side you can have a contract for 8 more years and get shit canned. which sucks (unless you're charlies Weiss and somehow trick schools into paying you more by firing you)

Silkworm

NUSSMEIER!!!!

Is this a good thing?

I think and hope so. He and Mac have worked together before so they know each other and Nuss will probably be more involved in coaching the QB position (which he's excelled at in the past) and Mac will oversee the offense in conjunction with Nuss. Seems like a good fit to me :) Go Gators!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Thing is, not sure how much the 2 have been around. All I can see, is they were both on John L Smith's staff back in 2000. Otherwise, its just that Nuss followed McElwain at Alabama, while not being at school at the same time.

Thing is, not sure how much the 2 have been around. All I can see, is they were both on John L Smith's staff back in 2000. Otherwise, its just that Nuss followed McElwain at Alabama, while not being at school at the same time.

Apparently Mac always pushed for Nuss to takeover whatever job Mac was leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom