• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

I personally wouldn't draft either of them in the first round. As I said, history is not in favor of Mariota's style of play. Winston has the higher ceiling due to his style of play gelling better in the NFL, but he has maturity and work ethic issues.
Jameis Winston doesn't have work ethic issues. Maturity, fine, but his work ethic is definitely not to be questioned. He does something like 3 hours of film study a day.

He's going to be a great pro.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
You don't even have to go that far back. How about Cam Newton, Kaepernick and RGIII?

Read an NFL defense*

Well, that complaint can be used on every college QB.. because.. well.. they read COLLEGE D, because they are in college.

I rate a QB in college by how well they read the defense during a play.. how often are they missing open receivers (not by missing a pass, but not seeing them open)... how quick can they get through their progressions, can they adapt during a play... and Mariota does all of those things well. He works quickly through progressions, and very rarely does he miss the open guy. What more can ask of a QB.

You hate the system, so you hate Mariota.

I remember watching the Rodgers draft, and remember the analysts saying that if Rodgers made it past the top 8 picks or something, that he would likely fall because none of the other teams in the immediate vicinity were looking to draft a QB.

That's exactly what happened, he was top 10 talent for sure.. but at a certain point nobody needed a QB so you were going to draft for need instead of just best guy available. Rodgers was a great college QB. There was never a doubt of his talent back then.

For every athletic system kinda guy who fails, there's 2 standard QB guys who fail. Most college QB's fail.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Nice throw and catch. Horrible pass coverage by our D.

I can see Jackson getting pulled for Sylve again.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
"All he does"

This guy is awful. I feel like I've heard that several times tonight. Get some new material.

Gorillaz

fucking a
WqedUdA.png

need a shot after that shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom