• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Playoff Thread | Setting A Daggerous Precedent

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a reason they weren't ranked number 1 undefeated. There was no way you could have an undefeated ACC champion not in the playoffs.
I'm not saying they shouldn't have been in the playoff, I'm saying that using the 29 game win streak, Jameis' Heisman (as if that should have any weight when determining where a team deserves to be in the postseason anyway), and general success from last season to argue why they should be in the playoff this season doesn't follow. It's a different team with a different body of work.

Nah. Reigning champs going undefeated deserve a default slot in any playoff. They won it all last year and didn't lose this year. Until the Cook fumbles, this game looked like it was going to blueprint again. Then the lulz ensued. PEACE.
ok, so where's your arbitrary cutoff point? Florida State's sucess last season was due in large part to their defense, which they lost 4 starters from in the offseason to the draft. they were giving up 281.4 yards a game and forcing 2.5 turnovers. Compare that to 2014 and they're giving up 378.3 yards a game and forcing 1.8 turnovers. If someone can supply margin of victory and scoring defense I'd imagine they were much better in 2013. Point being, these were two different teams, it doesn't make sense to validate rewarding FSU by using ther success from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom