• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope everyone sees what I mean when I say Florida isn't really part of the south.
I said I like Arnold Palmers.... with sweet tea!

In other news, I'll leave this here.
tqEaQQx.jpg

andycapps

I said I like Arnold Palmers.... with sweet tea!

In other news, I'll leave this here.
tqEaQQx.jpg

I guess that's something, but no to Bojangles and Cheerwine? There's a BBQ place here that has Cheerwine and they improved so much in my eyes when I found that out.
Most of Florida isn't. My area is pretty southern.
There are definitely parts that are. It's all the places that people from out of state want to move to that aren't. Anywhere inland is probably pretty southern.

I guess that's something, but no to Bojangles and Cheerwine? There's a BBQ place here that has Cheerwine and they improved so much in my eyes when I found that out.

There are definitely parts that are. It's all the places that people from out of state want to move to that aren't. Anywhere inland is probably pretty southern.

Usually. Although the coast from Daytona to west palm is pretty country

cdyhybrid

There are a lot of WSU alums in the Pudget Sound though right? This is one game where they wouldn't have to make the trip east.
Yup. But traffic is really shitty downtown on a weekday afternoon. They typically play other Pac12 teams for their Seattle game so their fans can travel.

I gave it a fair shot. Heat lamps irrationally piss me off and the 70s mic is just stupid. As for cheerwine..... Just give me a cherry coke. It's easier that way. If I want good breakfast or fried chicken, I go to Publix or CFA. Or Huey Magoos or even Zaxbys in a pinch.

We have 4Rivers Smokehouse which is godlike and they serve cheerwine and other classic sodas. They'd be better ditching the cheerwine and putting something else on the fountain.

Its generic buffet style food, and (IMHO) its hard not to eat there and feel like a fat wasteful asshole. I would eat at GC over K&W cafeteria....and thats about it.

Mre is right, you have problems

Last time I went to a GC or something like it I think my GF at the time and I were the only ones under 200lbs. We got really depressed eating there and never went to another buffet again.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I gave it a fair shot. Heat lamps irrationally piss me off and the 70s mic is just stupid. As for cheerwine..... Just give me a cherry coke. It's easier that way. If I want good breakfast or fried chicken, I go to Publix or CFA. Or Huey Magoos or even Zaxbys in a pinch.

We have 4Rivers Smokehouse which is godlike and they serve cheerwine and other classic sodas. They'd be better ditching the cheerwine and putting something else on the fountain.

Is there a Guthries in Orlando?

Charlie Strong finally released his depth chart today. Walk-ons galore in our two deep for many positions. Our starting fullback is a walk-on. Our second string WR and Safety are walk ons. Its going to be an interesting year

link

Last time I went to a GC or something like it I think my GF at the time and I were the only ones under 200lbs. We got really depressed eating there and never went to another buffet again.
GC is the perfect place to bring someone if they aren't familiar with America. People watching at its best and they understand quickly. I brought someone from Belgium a while back and he's pretty much a patriot now.

Is there a Guthries in Orlando?
I don't know what that is. But I did go to some amazing burger place in Tallanasty. Monks or so something? So good.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
GC is the perfect place to bring someone if they aren't familiar with America. People watching at its best and they understand quickly. I brought someone from Belgium a while back and he's pretty much a patriot now.

I don't know what that is. But I did go to some amazing burger place in Tallanasty. Monks or so something? So good.

Guthries is what Zaxbys ripped off, down to the sauce. There is one in Tallahassee and Gainesville. Terrible wonderful drunk food.

Guthries is what Zaxbys ripped off, down to the sauce. There is one in Tallahassee and Gainesville. Terrible wonderful drunk food.
I see. Their sauce tastes too commercial.

If you ever have a chance, compare it to Huey Magoos.

And a couple years ago at the Sugar Bowl, I had Raising Cane's for the first time. Goddamn.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Thursdays games suck. They just do. Doubly so if you have a family, and doubly so if it's in a major city where traffic blows my balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom