• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Temple went 2-10 (1-7 AAC) last year, and they are blowing out a Vandy team that went 9-4 (4-4 SEC).

The Vandy/Ole Miss opener last year was one of the best games of the year. This one, not so much

Draxal

Wellp. I'm 0 for 3 or 4 in the pick em so far.

Cyan, when I typed 5,000 in my pick em for Rutgers I meant 2.9999999999999999....

edit. Oh wait three Rutgers fans posts in a row. Now we just need Jamesinclair, Peterykirch, and Cagey.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
I love Connor Halliday. I hate everything defense. Going to be a long season if we can't even slow Rutgers down. Really disappointed in the team.

I love Connor Halliday. I hate everything defense. Going to be a long season if we can't even slow Rutgers down. Really disappointed in the team.

You do realize though, Rutgers had a great running attack last year with Paul James healthy?

If anything I'm shocked WSU just didn't put 10 in the box in forced Nova to beat you.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
You do realize though, Rutgers had a great running attack last year with Paul James healthy?

If anything I'm shocked WSU just didn't put 10 in the box in forced Nova to beat you.

That's too much to put on our young secondary. Our defense is fucked.

I posted when it happened but I think that big conversion in the third quarter really helped Nova regain his composure. If he doesn't get that I think the game goes differently.

ag-my001

Still shaking my head at last night's game. I'm trying to stay cautiously optimistic, but it's hard not to be excited for the season.

andycapps

Mark Richt has lost control of himself.

9i8hY5J.jpg

jjasper

Temple went 2-10 (1-7 AAC) last year, and they are blowing out a Vandy team that went 9-4 (4-4 SEC).

The Vandy/Ole Miss opener last year was one of the best games of the year. This one, not so much
Vandy was really like a 6-6 team that was handed a few wins by SECREFS. But yeah not a good sign for a new coach to have your first game go like this.

Cagey

Banned
Cyan, when I typed 5,000 in my pick em for Rutgers I meant 2.9999999999999999....

edit. Oh wait three Rutgers fans posts in a row. Now we just need Jamesinclair, Peterykirch, and Cagey.

I'm too old for these primetime-on-West Coast starts during the work week, I fell asleep in the 4th Quarter last night. Woke up quite happy at 3am tho.

Nova is still garbage

Yeah... every pass attempt from him made me nervous. Again. And he's a senior.

Draxal

I thought Nova was fine, passes started sailing on him earlier in the game, but he pulled it down and started making clutch throws. . The int was on Peoples (and it was really on the play call more than on People). He's never going to be an all pro, but I'll take what we got last night from him.

Cagey

Banned
I thought Nova was fine, passes started sailing on him earlier in the game, but he pulled it down and started making clutch throws. . The int was on Peoples (and it was really on the play call more than on People). He's never going to be an all pro, but I'll take what we got last night from him.

Quality of opponent pass defense certainly helped in that regard.

There were a few calls last night from Friedgen -- swing passes, designed rollouts with a short-mid-deep trio of options -- that I think we need to see earlier in football games. Easy passes, guaranteed completions (for small gains), where the ball is thrown quickly or the pocket is moved to safeguard against any pressure, so we can get Nova comfortable.

jakncoke

Banned
2 things about that. lol at NC being down with us and secondly how is NC considered more of a power house than Penn St lol. They are 13-16 in bowl games, Despite playing in the ACC and Southern conference have only won the league 7 times, have only 7 10+ win seasons, their best bowl win is the gator bowl. SHENANIGANS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom