• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakncoke

Banned
lol Vandy got beat up on by Temple. Also goddamn at the Vanderbilt program, the last 3 years is the first time since the 20s that the program had 3 straight 6 win seasons.

andycapps

It's so true though :(

I know that feel. Where Florida is now was the 90's for me. Lot of talent on the team with nothing being done with it.

The 90's Gatas are something I hope to never see again. Really, what's happening now at Florida is more typical for the program over time. The 90's and 00's were the exception. Still, what was built then is enough to expect the program to eventually get back there. I don't think Muschamp is the guy though unless Roper is an absolute genius on offense.

A little late but I said the TAMU O-line would be a factor, both because they're good and because SCar lost Clowney and one or two other AA DLs.

Big dudes for TAMU gave Kenny Hill time pretty much all game.

TAMU secondary/defense is suspect but then it has never been good so that's not a surprise.

Still, I would not be surprised if SCar beats Jawja and wins the East, but let's see what happens before that game.

Go Gators. Glad we dodged a bullet with Josh Shaw.

andycapps

A little late but I said the TAMU O-line would be a factor, both because they're good and because SCar lost Clowney and one or two other AA DLs.

Big dudes for TAMU gave Kenny Hill time pretty much all game.

TAMU secondary/defense is suspect but then it has never been good so that's not a surprise.

Still, I would not be surprised if SCar beats Jawja and wins the East, but let's see what happens before that game.

Go Gators. Glad we dodged a bullet with Josh Shaw.

Too many Gatas.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Posted? WSJ "grid of shame". The power ratings are based only on the current year, shame ratings on multiple years.

PifA75s.png

http://online.wsj.com/news/interactive/SHAME082714?ref=SB10001424052970203937904580118002691523946

VT honorable? Hahahahahahaha

RoKKeR

Welp, we got our dumb uniforms re-banned.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24686527/vandy-anchor-down-jerseys-banned-after-approval-miscommunication

Photo I took at the game last night... thought I'd hunt for a good one since we won't be seeing them again!

Torren McGaster (5, Anchor Down) by blakedover, on Flickr

Such an embarrassing night for the program and school. Horrid rain delay that left the stadium empty, a pathetic looking team that couldn't hold onto the ball and now this. Can't wait for us to get punked again next weekend against Ole Miss at the Titans Stadium... even a bigger stage to fuck up on!

Draxal

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/24686527/vandy-anchor-down-jerseys-banned-after-approval-miscommunication

Photo I took at the game last night... thought I'd hunt for a good one since we won't be seeing them again!

Such an embarrassing night for the program and school. Horrid rain delay that left the stadium empty, a pathetic looking team that couldn't hold onto the ball and now this. Can't wait for us to get punked again next weekend against Ole Miss at the Titans Stadium... even a bigger stage to fuck up on!

Man, the NCAA buttfumbled the original approval.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Everyone hates Gata here too? Maybe I'll hang around for longer than I was planning.

CFB-GAF is basically Schrödinger's Thread right now

It's either full of Gata Fans or Gata Haters but you won't know which until you open the thread.

Those are absolutely butt ugly, thank goodness.

Schmitty

So Penn State v UCF is happening as planned even with the damn volcano. I assume everyone is getting up early to check out UCF in action after the build up of the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom