• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Good game noles and cowboys. Commander Shepherd is a pretty good QB

Geniuses in Michael Sam thread who think he got cut because he's gay. smh

He'll probably still end up on a roster if someone gets injured. He had a solid preseason.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I just looked at the Seminoles' schedule and it is a complete joke. The best team they play is going to most likely be Clemson who just got stomped by Georgia.

Not our fault the ACC and Florida is terrible.

Nobody can fault us for scheduling when we have OkSt and Gatas for ooc.

Meier

Smart decision to just launch it super high in the air out the end zone. Wasn't pretty by any means but we got the win. Rashad Greene's career will be the best of any Nole WR when he's done. Just the absolute perfect receiver.. if he doesn't have an insanely good Reggie Wayne-esque career I'll be blown away.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Smart decision to just launch it super high in the air out the end zone. Wasn't pretty by any means but we got the win. Rashad Greene's career will be the best of any Nole WR when he's done. Just the absolute perfect receiver.. if he doesn't have an insanely good Reggie Wayne-esque career I'll be blown away.

High five!

Great game. I don't care if we should have done better, OkSt is cool and it is cool to win against them.

I just looked at the Seminoles' schedule and it is a complete joke. The best team they play is going to most likely be Clemson who just got stomped by Georgia.

I don't think the schedule is incredibly difficult, but I think the games against Notre Dame, Louisville, Florida, Clemson, and Miami will be challenging enough. The ACC isn't the best, but then, that also means Florida State has no room for a slip, either. A loss pretty much ruins their season.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Not our fault the ACC and Florida is terrible.

Nobody can fault us for scheduling when we have OkSt and Gatas for ooc.

I'm not faulting FSU, just disappointed that the former champion is basically going to cruise into the playoffs, especially after that showing. Notre Dame game could be interesting though.... I guess.

Skiesofwonder

I don't think the schedule is incredibly difficult, but I think the games against Notre Dame, Louisville, Florida, Clemson, and Miami will be challenging enough. The ACC isn't the best, but then, that also means Florida State has no room for a slip, either. A loss pretty much ruins their season.

Maybe that was true last year but I suspect a one-loss Florida State is going to get billing over almost any other one-loss team this year. And I seriously doubt we are going to have four undefeated teams so FSU would in all likelihood have to lose two games not to make it to the playoffs. The only scenario I don't see a one-loss FSU team getting in is if somehow we have 3 undefeated teams and a one-loss SEC champion, but even then it would be heavily debated and I'm not sure the SEC team wouldn't get bypassed by the former champion.

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
Maybe that was true last year but a one-loss Florida State is going to get billing over any other one-loss team this year. And I seriously doubt we are going to have four undefeated teams so FSU would in all likelihood have to loss two games not to make it to the playoffs.

Unless they lose to a shameful and lowly ACC team. Plus, they have to make room for 2 SEC teams automatically, so don't get ahead of yourself.

Maybe that was true last year but a one-loss Florida State is going to get billing over any other one-loss team this year. And I seriously doubt we are going to have four undefeated teams so FSU would in all likelihood have to loss two games not to make it to the playoffs.

Well, let's just say I think a 1 loss SEC or 1 loss Pac 12 team gets in ahead of a 1 loss Florida State team, particularly the later that loss comes and who the opponent is. But other than that, it's hard to project. But I guess if there's only 4 teams with 0 or 1 loss, and FSU is one of them, then yeah, they're in.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

A one loss FSU team will struggle to make it in I think unless Jameis is on another Heisman run. Unless the loss is to Notre Dame, which wouldn't count.

I wonder if they're going to sneak in two SEC teams into the playoff (I sure hope not).

also a one-loss SEC champ is almost certainly ahead of one-loss FSU, one-loss Pac-12 champ is a bit of a tossup

you could have joined the SEC in the early 90s

But then we wouldn't have been the team of the 90s.

Correct, the ACC has never actually hurt the Seminoles up to this point, and it's only hypothetical that it hurts them now, in regards to championship opportunities. Now, whether the ACC was used against the Seminoles in recruiting, I don't know, but it wasn't a problem in the 90s, isn't a problem now. Those lean years late in the Bowden era, who knows.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Like I said above. Feels like Wisconsin has been the better team all night, but they have let LSU hang around.

Now with the TD it's anyone's ball game.

Skiesofwonder

Unless they lose to a shameful and lowly ACC team. Plus, they have to make room for 2 SEC teams automatically, so don't get ahead of yourself.

Well, let's just say I think a 1 loss SEC or 1 loss Pac 12 team gets in ahead of a 1 loss Florida State team, particularly the later that loss comes and who the opponent is. But other than that, it's hard to project. But I guess if there's only 4 teams with 0 or 1 loss, and FSU is one of them, then yeah, they're in.

A one loss FSU team will struggle to make it in I think unless Jameis is on another Heisman run. Unless the loss is to Notre Dame, which wouldn't count.

I edited this into my post late so I'll restate it again:

The only scenario I don't see a one-loss FSU team getting in is if somehow we have 3 undefeated teams and a one-loss SEC champion, but even then it would be heavily debated and I'm not sure the SEC team wouldn't get bypassed by the former champion. Thinking about it more though, I guess a non-ACC champion FSU would struggle to get in, assuming the other four spots were taking by undefeated or one-loss champions (or maybe a one-loss SEC team).

But even then, these scenarios involve multiple undefeated teams which is rather unlikely going by pass years. In all likelyhood, we will have one undefeated team and three-five one loss teams. If FSU is one of those teams, I just don't see a plausible way were three one loss teams get placed over the former champions.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I edited this into my post late so I'll restate it again:

The only scenario I don't see a one-loss FSU team getting in is if somehow we have 3 undefeated teams and a one-loss SEC champion, but even then it would be heavily debated and I'm not sure the SEC team wouldn't get bypassed by the former champion. Thinking about it more though, I guess a non-ACC champion FSU would struggle to get in, assuming the other four spots were taking by undefeated or one-loss champions (or maybe a one-loss SEC team).

But even then, these scenarios involve multiple undefeated teams which is rather unlikely going by pass years. In all likelyhood, we will have one undefeated team and three-five one loss teams. If FSU is one of those teams, I just don't see a way were three one loss teams get placed over the former champions.

I hope you're right!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom