• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.
I edited this into my post late so I'll restate it again:

The only scenario I don't see a one-loss FSU team getting in is if somehow we have 3 undefeated teams and a one-loss SEC champion, but even then it would be heavily debated and I'm not sure the SEC team wouldn't get bypassed by the former champion. Thinking about it more though, I guess a non-ACC champion FSU would struggle to get in, assuming the other four spots were taking by undefeated or one-loss champions (or maybe a one-loss SEC team).

But even then, these scenarios involve multiple undefeated teams which is rather unlikely going by pass years. In all likelyhood, we will have one undefeated team and three-five one loss teams. If FSU is one of those teams, I just don't see a plausible way were three one loss teams get placed over the former champions.

Well, however it shakes out, if Florida State handles their business, they'll be in and complaints about schedule strength can be directed to the nearest brick wall. If they drop a game and get left out, then complaints can similarly be directed to the nearest brick wall.

Though, I also hope you're right about a 1 loss FSU making it in, I just personally wouldn't bank on it without knowing what other teams were still standing.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
WISCONSIN FANS

2014-08-27ecsoa.jpg

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Thought so. :p

You can have your win percentage, I will take our insane 93-97 (including 3 undefeated seasons) any day over your singular undefeated season. 3 championships is nice, as well :)

Fruitless argument that doesn't matter, both our 90s rocked. 2 championships versus 3 probably does win the argument though.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
turn on the game for 1 play, and it's an LSU CB holding onto the WR for 5 seconds and no flag :lol

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
If you're not going to let him run with designed plays, what does the QB bring to the table?!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
flip it over for 1 more play, and the Wincy QB just heaves it to no one wearing the same jersey as himself :lol

Mrbob

I hope someone gifs the play where Gordon picks up the block and McEvoy panics just tossing the ball into the air out of bounds. Sums up his worth for the game.

andycapps

I love mine. Use it almost every day.

For whatever reason, WatchESPN seems to work better through Chromecast than it does on the actual website. Picture quality is great, and there's very little stuttering or lag.
Yeah the website and app on my phone have been sketchy most of the day. Should be HD but rarely is. And I'm getting good speedtests down.

Wiscy's QB is so bad.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Well, however it shakes out, if Florida State handles their business, they'll be in and complaints about schedule strength can be directed to the nearest brick wall. If they drop a game and get left out, then complaints can similarly be directed to the nearest brick wall.

Though, I also hope you're right about a 1 loss FSU making it in, I just personally wouldn't bank on it without knowing what other teams were still standing.

I'm not going to complain about the weakness of schedule, it is an overall system problem afterall. Certain teams are awarded for past achievements, and it can't be helped with the pre-season ranking system. Teams such as Alabama, Florida State, Notre Dame, SEC as a whole, etc. are sometimes given generous rankings when they are not deserved because the upcoming season is still unknown. Now obviously you just can't judge a team from one game, so that is why I am a huge believer in holding off rankings until week 5. But going by the games I watched this week, I saw a bunch of highly ranked teams struggle against inferior opponents yet they will not be penalized for it when the new rankings come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom