• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 1: Power 5 Conferences to UCF – “Stick to cooking”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrbob

McEvoy redemption time.

Predict how he'll throw the game losing interception.

I say it is him running away from ghosts, throwing off his back foot into triple coverage.

Tamanon

Banned
So I just got back from sitting through four hours of heavy rain to see a kickoff return and a cancelled game.

Life sucks.

Reminds me of the time I went to see the US Open for my girl's birthday. Our last day in New York. We saw the first 2 games of a Nadal match, and then the skies opened up and it rained all day. We had to make our flight at 9 that night, so just miserable rain and go to the airport.

Meier

So I just got back from sitting through four hours of heavy rain to see a kickoff return and a cancelled game.

Life sucks.

Dude I went to HS with posted a pre-game selfie with his girlfriend/wife/whatever on Facebook. Talked about how it was her first game ever at BHG and how excited he was. Sky looked pretty blue behind him.. so much for that.

johnbone

They gave you a refund at least right?

I'm a student, so I didn't have to pay. Not sure if they're giving refunds. (I'd hope so!)

Reminds me of the time I went to see the US Open for my girl's birthday. Our last day in New York. We saw the first 2 games of a Nadal match, and then the skies opened up and it rained all day. We had to make our flight at 9 that night, so just miserable rain and go to the airport.

I feel ya!

At least they didn't lose!

Yep! It was a hell'ava kick off return though! lol

Look on the bright side, Noles won!

And Gawga. And Bama. And Ohio St.
I still hate my life.

Why the fuck did we punt.

Why the fuck didn't we just give the ball to Clement and Gordan every play.

Why the fuck isn't Stave starting.

cajunator

Banned

Life sucks.

I attended a ULL game at Cajun field during a tornado. That was an experience. We left in a hurry of course before the stadium lights went completely out.

johnbone

Dude I went to HS with posted a pre-game selfie with his girlfriend/wife/whatever on Facebook. Talked about how it was her first game ever at BHG and how excited he was. Sky looked pretty blue behind him.. so much for that.

The storms started right before kickoff and just kept respawning to the east and blowing through! 3 inches of rain later, and the swamp was....well...a swamp.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Why the fuck did we punt.

Why the fuck didn't we just give the ball to Clement and Gordan every play.

Why the fuck isn't Stave starting.

as Affeinvasion said:

"24 to 7 in the 4th quarter...and they're a ball possession running team."

There's nothing more to say except: BLACKHOLE

I can't believe that McEvoy actually had prior QB experience. He eyed one receiver on every passing down, and when they were covered he would either force it or escape to run. Clement and Gordon can only do so much when they put 10 in the box because they know that McEvoy is no threat on offense.

Where in the hell is Stave at?

I liked this quote by a UTEP player today

"It was fun," said Jones, who was briefly recruited by New Mexico.

"When you're clicking on high cylinders, everything is fun. When you get the win, it's fun."

And it's especially fun to foil the Lobos, he said.

"They called me and told me my senior year that they were going to do an in-home visit and they never showed up," Jones said. "They called and told me when they were coming, my mom cooked and they never showed up. So I have to take it to them."

"They called and told me when they were coming, my mom cooked and they never showed up. So I have to take it to them."

" my mom cooked ... they never showed up."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom