• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 11 - "They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom"

A true Rutgers fan wouldn't bask in the success of the Ohio State University. Therefore, you are not a true Rutgers fan.

THE B1G HAS SOMETHING CALLED DEPTH WHICH IS WHY IOWA WILL WIN THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR AND NEXT YEAR KYLE FLOOD AND
RUTGERS WILL WIN THE CHIP. THE SEC ONLY HAS ONE OR TWO TEAMS AT THE TOP FOLLOWED BY A BUNCH OF SHITTY TEAMS. INDIANA PROVED THIS TO EVERYONE LAST YEAR BUT YOU DIDN'T LISTEN

trying to bring out my inner popopop

andycapps

Oh my gosh, you're so right. We need a coach like Chryst in here to whip things into shape. Then hopefully we can join B1G leaders or legends.
Yeah hopefully you wouldn't end up in Iowa's division. Talk about running the gauntlet.

That Cam Newton thread is ridiculous. I'll have you know I've maintained a steadfast Cam hatred for years now. Got people saying "we still don't know if they got money or not." Jlawyeahok.gif

andycapps

Keith Marshall is not applying for another year of eligibility with the NCAA in a retroactive medical redshirt for last year, though he could have gotten one. Believe he's already graduated so think he's wanting to train for the draft and move on. Can't blame him since he's a RB and only so many runs in those knees, and his are already suspect.

Also, can't hurt that it frees up depth to try to get another top RB in addition to Elijah Holyfield. Gotta keep those 4 and 5 star RB's coming. Next year will for sure have Chubb, Michel, Tae Crowder (maybe depth, might transfer IMO), Brendan Douglas (depth), and AJ Turman (depth).

Losing our two OT's has me nervous, though with our inconsistent our OL has been this year, I don't see how it could be any worse. At least we have a prototypical LT coming in the 2016 class, and one or two tackles that came in this year that were redshirted. Still, breaking in two new OL is rough. Combining that with potentially a new true freshman QB at some point in the season and next year is full of uncertainty.

Oh my gosh, you're so right. We need a coach like Chryst in here to whip things into shape. Then hopefully we can join B1G leaders or legends.

Yes, I am glad you see the light.

It's amazing what Paul "The Dominator" Chryst has done in Year 1 at Wisconsin. It's the Wisconsin Halo effect.

If Nick Saban coached at Wisconsin he would have 13 national championships by now.

Edit: Ron Paul - if Texas had Kyle Flood, you would be contending for a national championship right now. Might even be the favorites. Look at the miracle work he's done at Rutgers, then extrapolate it to Texas. The man has made Chris Laviano into a stud. Think of what he could do with your quarterback!

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Edit: Ron Paul - if Texas had Kyle Flood, you would be contending for a national championship right now. Might even be the favorites. Look at the miracle work he's done at Rutgers, then extrapolate it to Texas. The man has made Chris Laviano into a stud. Think of what he could do with your quarterback!

Texas has a quarterback?

Their "QB" will rush for 1,000 on our "defense."

rB39Jrc.png

Matt Hinton ‏@MattRHinton 24m24 minutes ago
This week's Top 25, based on Win %, FPI, SRS, Sagarin, Massey & my valuation of wins/losses. https://goo.gl/kc1ywM

Lunar15

Think you're right.

Also, what a crazy season Arkansas has had. Some bad losses, and some good wins.

Sounds like Arkansas. They're always kind of weird.

Anywho, our DL is ravaged right now, but hopefully we won't need full strength against FAU...

I just hope we can get over these injuries before Florida State. I don't have high hopes for that game, but I'd like to give it a fair shot at least.

Which one?

Just put a spy in on Heard and he's rendered pretty much useless.

Heard is a running back and Tyrone is fullback.Neither of them can throw with accuracy. We're getting a pocket passer next year but who knows how he'll turn out. I'm tired of believing the next QB in line is going to be good. Our best QB since McCoy has been David Ash so what does that tell you

...lol

for kicks:

Big Ten: 6 (Ohio State, Iowa, Michigan State, Michigan, Northwestern, Wisconsin)
SEC: 4 (Alabama, Florida, LSU, Ole Miss)
Big 12: 4 (Oklahoma State, Oklahoma, Baylor, TCU)
Pac 12: 4 (Stanford, Utah, Oregon, USC)
ACC: 3 (Clemson, Florida State, UNC)
AAC: 3 (Navy, Houston, Memphis)
Other: 1 (Notre Dame)

B1G B1G B1G B1G B1G B1G

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Lole Miss riding that miracle over Bama hard. Their next best win is TAMU and they've lost to every other decent team they've played.

Karl2177

"When asked why No. 5 Iowa is ranked ahead of No. 6 Oklahoma State and No. 7 Oklahoma, chairman Jeff Long simply said it was because the committee thinks the Hawkeyes are 'better' than anyone from the Big 12."

Does this committee even watch games? Are they talking about the same University of Iowa team I watch close to every week?

DominoKid

Zero respect continuing to be shown toward UNC.

Hard to see them making it in, even if they win out and beat Clemson.

they really got 5 2 loss teams above us man
vFxhmS8.png

i mean i know we have no shot of getting back in even if we win out because we're not a traditional power. but they could be less obvious about it.

@McMurphyESPN 38m38 minutes ago
From No. 2 in nation to gone? "Strong indications” Les Miles coaching for his job next 2 games @RabalaisAdv reports http://bit.ly/1Pz2Fwb

absurd. but this aint the first time he been on the hot seat. i'm honestly not sure what LSU fans expect since i'm pretty sure Les got the longest sustained period of success ever at their school. they just need to bring that offensive gameplan into the modern era and recruit/develop better at the QB spot.

cashman

Banned
Heard is a running back and Tyrone is fullback.Neither of them can throw with accuracy. We're getting a pocket passer next year but who knows how he'll turn out. I'm tired of believing the next QB in line is going to be good. Our best QB since McCoy has been David Ash so what does that tell you

Ash was actually kinda good. It's a shame he was never healthy his last two years. Strong would have had a lot better of a first year if him and Espinosa didn't get hurt after the first game.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
It's entirely possible Miles peaked at LSU in 2011 and isn't going to see that level of success again, instead hitting his average of closer to 9-10 wins a season.

I don't think it's soon enough for them to consider firing him though, if that level of success isn't acceptable.

"When asked why No. 5 Iowa is ranked ahead of No. 6 Oklahoma State and No. 7 Oklahoma, chairman Jeff Long simply said it was because the committee thinks the Hawkeyes are 'better' than anyone from the Big 12."

Does this committee even watch games? Are they talking about the same University of Iowa team I watch close to every week?

In other words, with this hodgepodge committee of people with football experience ranging from novice to somewhat experienced, the most important factor in determining a playoff representative is the "eye test". Seems fair

Top Bottom