• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 11 - "They'll come to Iowa for reasons they can't even fathom"

I think the Pac-12 is pretty strong, it just lacks one truly elite team, whereas the ACC has a team like Clemson that is clearly a tier above the rest of its conference.

CT4T4YBWcAE8w1X.png

‏@DavidHaleESPN
Avg. top 25 team has 0.96 wins vs. other Top 25 teams, 11 total losses to unranked…

B1G is the best conference. You don't know what you're talking about if you say anyone else.

Rutgers would win all the other conferences if we played in them.

Dsyndrome

Still think it's weird how OSU's played nobody this far into the season that's currently ranked in the Top 25. Were VT and Indiana ranked high pre-season? Not questioning their place in the rankings, just looking at everyone else on that list (outside UNC and Houston I guess).

Today is the day I bought a new console I will seldom use.

In related news, the PS4's home music is nice and soothing. Hopefully, I'll not find that they've patched it out and replaced it with something else. I think it has survived the first and only patch I've had to get so far, so maybe it's good to go. I'm downloading the bundled Uncharted collection now.

Still think it's weird how OSU's played nobody this far into the season that's currently ranked in the Top 25. Were VT and Indiana ranked high pre-season? Not questioning their place in the rankings, just looking at everyone else on that list (outside UNC and Houston I guess).

Ohio State is getting by on last year's finish and this year's record. As long as they're undefeated, they're golden. (The previous text was copied and pasted from 2014 and Florida State.) Though it is humorous that, at least for the moment and regarding the current rankings, the oft-ridiculed Hawkeyes have the better resume. The next two weeks will change it, of course, and the CCG will settle it once and for all, assuming both survive as undefeated until then.

I think at the start of the season VT was just outside the top 25. At 30 I believe.. Indiana, I don't know.

Gameday is setting up a spot they never have before at OSU. Usually they setup with the stadium in the back, this week theyre going to set up in front of the main library, which is odd

That's not my argument. I'm not changing any narrative.

Well, you're moving the goalposts a bit.

We haven't played anyone. But now that we're playing two top 15 teams in a row (quite possibly three, assuming we beat Sparty and U-M and play Iowa in the CCG), you're now arguing that we've had almost the entire season to prepare for our hardest games and that's kind of unfair.

Well, you're moving the goalposts a bit.

We haven't played anyone. But now that we're playing two top 15 teams in a row (quite possibly three, assuming we beat Sparty and U-M and play Iowa in the CCG), you're now arguing that we've had almost the entire season to prepare for our hardest games and that's kind of unfair.

Well, I mean, I haven't said anything about Ohio State other than their schedule is weak and they're really fortunate to have all their hard games at the end of the year so I'm not trying to move any goalposts :p

It's just how the cookie crumbles this year. It's okay to be fortunate -- you generally have to be in order to be successful. But we see pretty frequently teams that lose early in the year end up improving dramatically by the end of the year (like, say, Ohio State last year) but sometimes their early losses cost them in the end. Any team would love to have their hardest games all at the end in order to get into top form and have a nice big cushion to play crappy against!

Well, I mean, I haven't said anything about Ohio State other than their schedule is weak and they're really fortunate to have all their hard games at the end of the year so I'm not trying to move any goalposts :p

It's just how the cookie crumbles this year. It's okay to be fortunate -- you generally have to be in order to be successful. But we see pretty frequently teams that lose early in the year end up improving dramatically by the end of the year (like, say, Ohio State last year) but sometimes their early losses cost them in the end. Any team would love to have their hardest games all at the end in order to get into top form and have a nice big cushion to play crappy against!

I actually don't think it's particularly fortunate to have them all clustered at the end. I'd much rather have had the hardest games scattered throughout the season to provide a cushion in case of serious injuries.

Ask Sparty if they'd have liked to play us immediately after that U-M game, or ask U-M if they'd like to play Sparty right before playing us.

JCX

Today is the day I bought a new console I will seldom use.

In related news, the PS4's home music is nice and soothing. Hopefully, I'll not find that they've patched it out and replaced it with something else. I think it has survived the first and only patch I've had to get so far, so maybe it's good to go. I'm downloading the bundled Uncharted collection now.

It is, I quite like console homescreen music. PS4 is a great Netflix player that occasionally plays games.

Getting 10 tune-up games isn't a luxury most teams get

Ohio State has played through a grueling B1G schedule.

Our teams are the best in the country.

There is no denying the fact that we have 6 teams in the Top 25. There is no denying the fact that Indiana beat Missouri last year when Missouri was great.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
It is, I quite like console homescreen music. PS4 is a great Netflix player that occasionally plays games.
You need to get the remote to avoid all of the ds4 fuckery with its lights and what not.

Lunar15

Florida in the top ten this year really exemplifies how much the SEC east completely nosedived below even mediocre expectations. People were betting on Kentucky and Tennessee having up and coming programs but they both underwhelmed, this was Georgia's year but a lack of QB and terrible injuries made them a non-factor, Missouri imploded and lost their QB, and South Carolina did so bad that Spurrier quit. Also, Vanderbilt.

It's been a fun ride, but we're not all that different than Muschamp's Florida with a horrific offense that's constantly saved by a strong defense. McElwain's getting a lot of praise and I think he'll get the team he wants in time, but I'm not sure this sudden swing is completely due to him. He now has extremely unrealistic expectations heaped on next year but a better position for recruiting. It's weird.

Speaking of PS4s, I have to send my sole DualShock 4 to Sony for repair because it won't charge anymore despite being only seven months old.

They wouldn't send me a brand new one despite the fact that the entire system - controller included - is still under warranty.

So yeah, fuck Sony.

Florida in the top ten this year really exemplifies how much the SEC east completely nosedived below even mediocre expectations. People were betting on Kentucky and Tennessee having up and coming programs but they both underwhelmed, this was Georgia's year but a lack of QB and terrible injuries made them a non-factor, Missouri imploded and lost their QB, and South Carolina did so bad that Spurrier quit. Also, Vanderbilt.

It's been a fun ride, but we're not all that different than Muschamp's Florida with a horrific offense that's constantly saved by a strong defense. McElwain's getting a lot of praise and I think he'll get the team he wants in time, but I'm not sure this sudden swing is completely due to him. He now has extremely unrealistic expectations heaped on next year but a better position for recruiting. It's weird.

Thank you for acknowledging that your division is so weak this year. It's the truth. We all know that Rutgers would clean up the SEC East this year.

Denali

but I thought the whole argument was that they weren't very good because they haven't beat anyone? Why change the narrative?

It is not like they get to play college of charleston week 11.

Hey - we haven't had a football squad since 1923! Pick on someone else big guy.
Like Charleston Southern.

Meier

I really want Clemson to win it all. That'd be awesome. I was raving about Deshaun Watson last year but wasn't sure they'd make the jump this quickly.. thought maybe his Junior year. He's an incredible talent.

Top Bottom