• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 13 - Sparty ain't worried 'bout no clock

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Tomorrow will be the first game this year I havent felt good about. I think the streak vs UM ends tomorrow :(
JQB7kh.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Bedlam winner now wins the Big 12

That and Iowa winning remove a few playoff question marks.

Clemson
Bama (or maybe Florida)
B1G champ
OU/OSU
ND

I think OU would get in over ND. If OSU wins ND would probably get in unless they drop a game. I could see ND losing out.

Still ripe for chaos if the unexpected occurs. Could still end up 2007-esque.

Clemson
Bama (or maybe Florida)
B1G champ
OU/OSU
ND

I think OU would get in over ND. If OSU wins ND would probably get in unless they drop a game. I could see ND losing out.

If OU loses and Stanford wins I think Stanford has a chance.

Clemson
Bama (or maybe Florida)
B1G champ
OU/OSU
ND

I dunno there's still opportunity for chaos, any of the following could happen:
UNC wins the ACC
Florida wins the SEC with two losses, or even more bizarrely Ole Miss sneaks in
Michigan wins the Big Ten
Stanford beats Notre Dame then loses

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
I dunno there's still opportunity for chaos, any of the following could happen:
UNC wins the ACC
Florida wins the SEC with two losses, or even more bizarrely Ole Miss sneaks in
Michigan wins the Big Ten
Stanford beats Notre Dame then loses

Wouldn't it be funny.

2 loss UNC beats 1 loss Clemson to win the ACC
3 loss Ole Miss beats 2 loss Florida to win the SEC
2 loss Michigan wins the B1G
4 loss USC beats UCLA then Stanford to win the P12
ND loses to Stanford

B12 champ and Iowa are the only 1 loss teams, and Iowa is not a conference champ and has a worse schedule than nearly all the 2 loss teams. Then with 2 losses you've got Clemson, Bama, ND, MSU, OSU, Baylor, TCU, FSU, Florida, and the loser from Bedlam. Not even getting into the G5s.

I think the committee might implode on itself. On the upside that's about as likely as a season where nearly every team in the country manages to go 6-6.

Wouldn't it be funny.

2 loss UNC beats 1 loss Clemson to win the ACC
3 loss Ole Miss beats 2 loss Florida to win the SEC
2 loss Michigan wins the B1G
4 loss USC beats UCLA then Stanford to win the P12
ND loses to Stanford

B12 champ and Iowa are the only 1 loss teams, and Iowa is not a conference champ and has a worse schedule than nearly all the 2 loss teams. Then with 2 losses you've got Clemson, Bama, ND, MSU, OSU, Baylor, TCU, FSU, Florida, and the loser from Bedlam. Not even getting into the G5s.

I think the committee might implode on itself. On the upside that's about as likely as a season where nearly every team in the country manages to go 6-6.

it would be great.

But still, in the Armageddon scenario as above, I think it would fall back to:
SEC Champ
B1G champ
Big 12 champ
ACC Champ

Pac12 may replace ACC champ, depending on who the committee thinks is the weakest of the P5 conferences this year.

cdyhybrid

So Mike Leach said in the postgame interview that his starting QB "chose not to play" - the guy was held out with a concussion.

Leach is a piece of work, alright.

Well boys and girls.. Today's the day.

Tomorrow will be the first game this year I havent felt good about. I think the streak vs UM ends tomorrow :(

Urban will put Cardale into the game just in time to save the day. Believe.

It was written.. This is the path to victory.

I can't see any Conference getting 2 bids with only 4 spots available. Right now, it comes to down to Oklahoma and Notre Dame, IMO. I think Notre Dame has the edge though.

Welp, if that were to occur blame the three schools for getting blocked from the playoffs

1) Oklahoma for choking against Texas.
2) Texas for beating Oklahoma and fucking up the conference (not completely their fault, but still deserve the lions share)
3) Michigan for being Michigan..
but in all seriousness, they were the chief freaking catalyst for ND being independent. Asshole Fielding Yost.

Borderline irrational? Some of them went full on chicken little.

Except that would require us to have been wrong.. When the Michigan State game proved us right on what we all knew that a good team would make us pay for incompetence that we have seen all year.

KingBroly

Banned
I can't see any Conference getting 2 bids with only 4 spots available. Right now, it comes to down to Oklahoma and Notre Dame, IMO. I think Notre Dame has the edge though.

Clemson
Bama (or maybe Florida)
B1G champ
OU/OSU
ND

If OU loses and Stanford wins I think Stanford has a chance.

That's what I'm hanging my hat on.

Still crazy chaos can happen in SEC or ACC, but B10 is pretty set with 4 teams in the top 11. The most likely happy path scenario left for Stanford is that they win out against Notre Dame and UCLA (hopefully) and the committee has to weigh Stanford against Ok State.

Stanford's schedule is far superior, but they have the extra loss. Ok State would have one great win and one really good win (OU & TCU). Stanford would have one great win and 3-4 decent wins (ND, UCLA twice, USC, ~maybe Washington State, but they really screwed the pooch last night).

It seems the way that would happen would be the committee rewarding Stanford for an out of conference schedule that includes Notre Dame and Northwestern and essentially punishing OK State (and the B12 in general) for playing NOBODY out of conference.

Top Bottom