• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 13 - Sparty ain't worried 'bout no clock

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
If it isn't the last two minutes the clock runs at the ready of the official just like with a first down.

If it was within the last two minutes (I didn't see) then yeah, I assume mistake.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was somewhere around 1:40-1:50 in the 2nd at that point.

Chris R

It just feels random. Everyone just trying for the lucky play.

I guess it helps that I'm playing games and browsing and not watching 100% of the time. Some of those bomb throws should have been runs.

Just run the ball and get first downs and score.

squicken

The footing isn't good enough to sustain drives. Backs can't plant and drive. Baylor has the right idea. The QB just needs to throw jump balls and not balls 10 yards too deep

squicken

I am stunned he kicked that forward. I thought he might bicycle kick that backwards

e: How will the committee even discuss this game? Can't even handoff or catch punts on this field in this weather

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Key
  • School APR in (Parenthesis); Teams sorted by APR
  • 0% chance/APR too low in struck-through

Claimed spots tonight:
  1. Washington -- 45-10 win over Washington St.
  2. Tulsa -- 45-34 win over Tulane

Spots left: 73/80

One win away, one/two game to go (One win = bowl eligible, one/two losses = 5-7 consideration):
  1. Indiana (977) – Week 13: at Purdue
  2. Virginia Tech (977) -- Week 13: at Virginia
  3. Minnesota (975) – Week 13: Wisconsin
  4. Illinois (973) -- Week 13: Northwestern
  5. Old Dominion (951) -- Week 13: Florida Atlantic
  6. East Carolina (950) -- Week 13: Cincinnati
  7. Kentucky (945) – Week 13: Louisville
  8. South Alabama (5-5) (943) -- Week 13: at Georgia Southern, Week 14: Appalachian St.
  9. Georgia St. (940) – Week 14: Georgia Southern

One win away, no games left (5-7 consideration only):
  1. Nebraska (985)
  2. Missouri (976)
  3. San Jose St. (975)
  4. Buffalo (948)
  5. Florida International (933)

Two wins away, two games to go (Win both games = bowl eligible, win one = 5-7 consideration, lose both = done):
  1. Kansas St. (976) – Week 13: at Kansas, Week 14: W. Virginia
  2. Louisiana-Lafayette (953) -- Week 13: at Appalachian St., Week 14: Troy

Two wins out, but only one game left (needs to win to reach 5-7 consideration):
  1. Vanderbilt (983) – Week 13: at Tennessee
  2. Rice (973) – Week 13: Charlotte
  3. Texas (958) -- Week 14: at Baylor
  4. UTEP (954) – Week 13: at North Texas

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
23 punts in regulation going by ESPN.com stats. Only 54 short of the record-setting game I made a post about earlier this year -

76 years ago today, Texas Tech played Centenary in a game that still holds 13 NCAA records due to the incredibly sloppy weather conditions (which caused each team to resort to constant punting).

77 punts, 67 of which came on first down. Texas Tech punter Charlie Calhoun had 1,318 yards punting. Both teams combined for 30 total yards on 33 total plays.

The game ended in a 0-0 tie.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
This is some of the worst non-snow conditions I've seen in a game in a long time.

What a mess.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Who would have ever guessed a Baylor QB would play an entire half of football and not complete a single pass.

I have never been less excited about an OT then now

I'm excited that we're now at least guaranteed field goal attempts. Something will finally happen other than garbage "drives" and punts.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I can't believe they risked throwing the ball. A FG would be huge.

That is likely game though, so good gamble I guess.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
It is pretty funny that there has been tons of contact on all the throws down field and they haven't called it yet like they were all hail maries at the end of a game. But then at the actual end of the game, they call it.

Top Bottom