• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 13 - Sparty ain't worried 'bout no clock

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Looks like 2 to 5 teams will get 5-7 bowl bids. What happens next week will really only affect Minnesota's and San Jose St.'s chances. Based off APR, here are the scenarios for next week (only the three games with 5-6 teams next week will effect this):

5-7 bid scenarios
  • Nebraska: Needs no teams to lose. 5-7 bid.
  • Missouri: Needs no teams to lose. 5-7 bid.
  • Kansas St.: Needs no team to lose. 5-7 bid only if they lose to WVU, otherwise 6-6 berth.
  • Minnesota and San Jose St.: Needs all thee 5-6 teams to lose next week for guaranteed 5-7 bids to both. Toss-up (bowl's choice/tie-in deals/luck-of-the-draw) for a single bid between them if Georgia St. or S. Alabama win. If only K-State loses, neither goes bowling.

You can check my math here:

Key
  • Team 2013-14 APR in (Parenthesis); teams sorted by APR
  • 0% chance/APR too low in struck-through

Claimed spots today:
  1. Virginia Tech -- 23-20 win at Virginia
  2. Indiana -- 54-36 win at Purdue

Spots claimed: 75/80

(5-6), one game to go:
  1. Kansas St. (976) -- Week 14: W. Virginia
  2. South Alabama (943) -- Week 14: Appalachian St.
  3. Georgia St. (940) – Week 14: Georgia Southern

(5-7) bid contenders, regular season over:
  1. Nebraska (985)
  2. Missouri (976)
  3. Minnesota (975)
  4. San Jose St. (975)
  5. Illinois (973)
  6. Rice (973)
  7. UTEP (954)
  8. Old Dominion (951)
  9. East Carolina (950)
  10. Buffalo (948)
  11. Kentucky (945)
  12. Florida International (933)

(4-7), but one game left:
  1. Texas (958) -- Week 14: at Baylor
  2. Louisiana-Lafayette (953) -- Week 14: Troy

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Your heisman winner is doing pretty well for a shit tier Saints team
Finally. He had a rough couple years there to start with, but they decided they should maybe actually feed him some carries.

Really looking forward to the meltdown this week. It should be fully of whiny ass Auburn fans bitching about how "classless" we were by scoring that last touch down.

Silkworm

Your heisman winner is doing pretty well for a shit tier Saints team

Yeah not too bad. Still wish Ingram was more productive but he's coming on. I wish the Saints had a running back like Deuce McAllister. Maybe it will happen again one day.... :-\ If Ingram ever becomes a 1000 yrd rusher, I'll be thrilled.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Yeah not too bad. Still wish Ingram was more productive but he's coming on. I wish the Saints had a running back like Deuce McAllister. Maybe it will happen again one day.... :-\ If Ingram ever becomes a 1000 yrd rusher, I'll be thrilled.

I wish Rob Ryan would find his shit packed in a box real soon. That would solve a lot of issues with the Saints :mad:

Silkworm

I wish Rob Ryan would find his shit packed in a box real soon. That would solve a lot of issues with the Saints :mad:

Hopefully he's gone by the end of the year. He can't possibly hang around another season, can he? There's got to be some good D coordinators the Saints could throw some money at... I hope.

ag-my001

Looks like 3 to 5 teams will get 5-7 bowl bids. What happens next week will really only affect Minnesota's and San Jose St.'s chances. Based off APR, here are the scenarios for next week (only the three games with 5-6 teams next week will effect this):
]

Is the selection of 5-7 teams based solely on APR rank, or do league tie ins still trump?

squicken

Looks like 3 to 5 teams will get 5-7 bowl bids. What happens next week will really only affect Minnesota's and San Jose St.'s chances. Based off APR, here are the scenarios for next week (only the three games with 5-6 teams next week will effect this):

Great work! Not only are mediocre 6-6 teams getting bowls, but now it's 5-7 teams!

I'm an MSU grad, and haven't been that impressed with them all year, I expected much, but I do think injuries really hurt them, especially earlier in the season. They could have 4 or 5 losses this year. But then again, they are one play from being unbeaten. I think last year's team was much better. I expected much from tOSU, and they have been perplexing all year too.

i think i saw it reported somewhere that tim beck had playcalling duties on offense until this week (and warinner was almost completely shut out until this week), which would explain absolutely everything

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Saban just said that our offensive line doesn't give up a lot of negative plays...

Name G TFL TFL Yards TFL/G
94 Alabama 11 76.0 282 6.91

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Best of all, Ole Miss doesn't mean shit today. Enjoy the state of Mississippi next weekend, fellas.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
I wonder how many of those teams also have FCS wins as part of the 5 overall.

Some, I think, but I don't know about the top 5 5-7 teams. 6-6 teams with one or two FCS wins get first preference before 5-7 teams, but none of those exist this season to my knowledge. That said, I haven't dug that deep into the schedules of the teams remaining to make that ruling.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
No, best of all, we don't have to see the highlight of that tipped ball TD after tonight, maybe tomorrow.

Was a count taken of how many Kick 6 mentions/appearances happened tonight? Think I got up to 4.

Shame that a fluky thing like that play was what got them over 200 yards of offense today. What was that safety thinking of, diving at the ground 7 yards behind the WR?

Some, I think, but I don't know about the top 5 5-7 teams. 6-6 teams with one or two FCS wins get first preference before 5-7 teams, but none of those exist this season to my knowledge. That said, I haven't dug that deep into the schedules of the teams remaining to make that ruling.

Well you can have a FCS win as one of the 6. If there are no longer any 6 win teams left, I'd think the pool could easily include 5-7 teams with a FCS team. But I don't really know the full process.

AntoneM

While Stanford has no band and no mascot and therefore barely qualifies as a college football team, I hope they crush the Domers.

Top Bottom