• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 13 - Sparty ain't worried 'bout no clock

Temple up 27-0 over UCONN with about 8min left. That win will setup two top 25 teams in the 1st AAC AAC AAC/former BEAST Championship game next week in 1 loss (but WTF unranked) Houston and #25 Temple, in Houston. Also all but guarantees the AAC AAC AAC will get the access bowl slot.

Kusagari

It would be infuriating to have Clemson lose next week and see a ND that they beat jump ahead of them in the polls. If UNC wins next week I could see them jumping ahead of both.

That said, leta just all hope ND loses tonight.

I don't see UNC jumping a one loss ND. They have to hope Stanford wins for any chance.

FyreWulff

Why is the CFP only four teams? Seems a bit unfair to me given how many great 10-1 teams there are this year. Should be eight, in my opinion.

We'll get there soon enough. Big 12 may have a championship game soon so we'll have all the pieces in place to have the conference champ games act as a de-facto first round. After that, having 8 will be the obvious answer.

Velcro Fly

Also many 1 loss teams are in jeopardy of losing again or have already lost

Baylor is done
Florida is losing
ND is losing
OK St. is down big

The 1 loss buffer between playoff top 4 and Ohio St. is disintegrating quickly.

Gondo State getting wrecked.

4xVUVGG.png

Meier

Smag having an absolutely awful game. What is he doing with these throws?

Oh my god, how did Dalvin stay up and in?

If Oklahoma wins today, they'll be the only team that has basically clinched a playoff berth. Big 12's lack of a CCG will be beneficial this year for them.

Kacar

We are gonna finish 5. Or 6 maybe if ND wins tonight.

There's no way Bama can lose to this UF team. UNC would probably jump us if they beat Clemson, but I'm unsure on that.

greepoman

Four teams is perfect. 8 is too much. It makes the regular season meaningless and kills whatever is left of the bowl system.

Yeah with 8 you're almost always going to be putting a couple teams that didn't win their conference basically giving those teams a first round bye and making possibly more advantageous not to win your conference.

We are gonna finish 5. Or 6 maybe if ND wins tonight.

There's no way Bama can lose to this UF team. UNC would probably jump us if they beat Clemson, but I'm unsure on that.

So Ohio State vs ND in a bowl... God, GAF never wished for a meteor to hit a game harder than that one I'd bet.

Karl2177

The list:

Barry Sanders Oklahoma State (1988): 2,628 (7.64 yards per carry)
Kevin Smith UCF (2007): 2,567 (5.70)
Marcus Allen USC (1981): 2,342 (5.81)
Troy Davis Iowa State (1996): 2,185 (5.44)
Ladainian Tomlinson TCU (2000): 2,158 (5.85)
Mike Rozier Nebraska (1983): 2,148 (7.81)
Matt Forte Tulane (2007): 2,127 (5.89)
Ricky Williams Texas (1998): 2,124 (5.88)
Larry Johnson Penn State (2002): 2,087 (7.70)
Byron Hanspard Texas Tech (1996): 2,084 (6.15)
Rashaan Salaam Colorado (1994): 2,055 (6.90)
J.J. Arrington California (2004): 289 2,018 (6.98)
Ray Rice Rutgers (2007): 2,012 (5.29)
Troy Davis Iowa State (1995): 2,010 (5.83)

Interesting to see that apparently Iowa State is the real running back U.

The real killer is that Troy Davis is the only player to have more than 1 season of 2,000+ rushing yards and he still isn't in the Hall of Fame.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Earlier they showed one girl in a gold spandex-y top with a lot of cleavage showing. If my wife wasn't watching with me I'd have paused and rewound.
Just rewind it and say something like "can you believe she'd wear something like that out in public? I'm so glad I'm with a classy woman like yourself who'd never do something like that. Here, let's rewatch that clip and shame her with our thoughts in silence."
Just because you don't like Rocky Top huh?
I hate everything to do with that university.

Silkworm

Through 3 quarters:

Total yards: UF 200 to FSU 158
Possession: UF 25:14 to FSU 19:46
First Downs: UF14 to FSU 6

Yet UF trails 13-0. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... :-\

Top Bottom