• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

Silkworm

Was it one or two extra games? Don't remember if the older records include bowl games.

Herschel's record of 1891 rushing yards in 1981 was for 11 games.
Henry's record of 1,896-plus rushing yards in 2015 is over 13 games.

So Henry needed two extra games to eclipse Herschel's SEC rushing record for a season.

Silkworm

McCaffrey to Hogan TD.

How many TD passes does Henry have?

Derrick Henry has 23 rushing TDs. He's tied with Tim Tebow (2007) and Tre Mason (2013) for the record number of rushing TDs in an SEC season. Glad he tied it but didn't break it ;-)

edit: Dang you mean someone else. My reading comprehension has failed me :-D

andycapps

Herschel's record of 1891 rushing yards in 1981 was for 11 games.
Henry's record of 1,896-plus rushing yards in 2015 is over 13 games.

So Henry needed two extra games to eclipse Herschel's SEC rushing record for a season.

Correct. And when Herschel did it, he was the Georgia offense. They were a one man team and rarely threw the ball. So everyone knew who they were trying to stop, and he still did it.

What Henry did is still impressive though.

What was Cook thinking?

As reported before, Smart will stay with Bama through playoffs like Herman did with tOSU last year.

@JeffSchultzAJC: Alabama defensive back Cyrus Jones said Kirby Smart told the team he will stay with Alabama through the playoffs.

Correct. And when Herschel did it, he was the Georgia offense. They were a one man team and rarely threw the ball. So everyone knew who they were trying to stop, and he still did it.

What Henry did is still impressive though.

What was Cook thinking?

As reported before, Smart will stay with Bama through playoffs like Herman did with tOSU last year.

Herschel and Bo (sorry) were just downright unfair. God tier.

Servbot24

Banned
Eh, we needed 7 there. Hopefully our defense plays well today because while our offense is competent we're not going to light it up.

andycapps

Herschel and Bo (sorry) were just downright unfair. God tier.
Well I'm sure you know who I think was better between the two, but I totally agree. Both were extremely special backs. Herschel would have won the Heisman twice if there hadn't been a stigma back then about underclassmen winning it.

Auteezy

Banned
Also why after beating UCLA off your running game are you throwing on 1st down in your only terrible drive. SC needed to just clean house, let Haden step down and bring in a new AD and a whole new staff.

clav

Every commentator just has to mention that game.

Pretty sure Stanford is tired of hearing how many points they scored.

Top Bottom