• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've told you all I know. Ask the bottle.

That Coke Bottle is the 3rd longest tenured member of the Coaching Staff, behind Saban and Bobby "Great Coach" Williams. That's the same Coke Bottle that's been on the podium since 2007.

ag-my001

Who, funnily enough, is now an an analyst for the Raycom ACC games.

Always worth watching to laugh at his and the announcers' fuckery.

We need a real network.
Seriously. That stupid ACC game always starts at 12:30, so I always miss the first few minutes of the national CBS game.

Richt is a great hire. He should be able to retain most of the recruits that have committed to Miami. With that said, until Miami finds a way to get a stadium closer to campus, they will not be a consistent contender.

Quake1028

andy, how good exactly is Richt considered as a recruiter?

These are the ESPN rankings since 2010 for UGA:

2010 - 12th
2011 - 6th
2012 - 5th
2013 - 10th
2014 - 9th
2015 - 8th
2016 - 6th (so far)

I know a lot of things go into that far beyond Richt (secsecsec), but I am wondering what the perception of him as a recruiter fans had?

andy, how good exactly is Richt considered as a recruiter?

These are the ESPN rankings since 2010 for UGA:

2010 - 12th
2011 - 6th
2012 - 5th
2013 - 10th
2014 - 9th
2015 - 8th
2016 - 6th (so far)

I know a lot of things go into that far beyond Richt (secsecsec), but I am wondering what the perception of him as a recruiter fans had?

He's a good recruiter, especially at QB and RB, but there was an advantage to being the big dog in Georgia, no pun intended.

From what I've read on the Miami boards, some fans think he'll just be able to continue recruiting Georgia as if he were still at UGA, which almost certainly isn't the case.

But it's not like he doesn't have experience recruiting Florida kids. I think the recruiting will be fine.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
South Florida kids, for whatever reason, want to play for a good Miami team. Recruiting classes will shoot right back up to top ten after a single successful season.

Miami is going to be in fine position to play in their first conference championship next year, and all of a sudden the recruits will be lining up to be a part of such a crappy team.

Quake1028

South Florida kids, for whatever reason, want to play for a good Miami team. Recruiting classes will shoot right back up to top ten after a single successful season.

Miami is going to be in fine position to play in their first conference championship next year, and all of a sudden the recruits will be lining up to be a part of such a crappy team.

Words hurt, Yaboosh. They hurt.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
I know Richt played at Miami, but I have a hard time picturing the 2015 version of Richt at "The U." I can see him coaching Miami, but I don't see him letting his players run with the typical swagger you think of when you think Miami football.

Draxal

I know Richt played at Miami, but I have a hard time picturing the 2015 version of Richt at "The U." I can see him coaching Miami, but I don't see him letting his players run with the typical swagger you think of when you think Miami football.

Well, that was the number one problem with Golden. Well, second problem, D'Onofrio was number one.

I think Richt is smart enough to adjust, and might have some fire in his belly.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

He sent all his players into the endzone to celebrate and get an intentional unsportsman like conduct when they played Florida a few years back.

That is the most Miami thing imaginable. Aside from free abortion pills.

mre

He sent all his players into the endzone to celebrate and get an intentional unsportsman like conduct when they played Florida a few years back.

That is the most Miami thing imaginable. Aside from free abortion pills.
Hah, this is a fair point.

He's a good recruiter, especially at QB and RB, but there was an advantage to being the big dog in Georgia, no pun intended.

From what I've read on the Miami boards, some fans think he'll just be able to continue recruiting Georgia as if he were still at UGA, which almost certainly isn't the case.

But it's not like he doesn't have experience recruiting Florida kids. I think the recruiting will be fine.

If he could recruit QBs, he'd still be at UGA.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
happy-holiday-playlist-gif-day-18-604.gif

I need to find a way to insert video of Bama Lady jumping on the OU fans in the background.

Nah. His issue was he could never win anything and usually shat the bed in big games, despite the athletes he had.

He can recruit QBs. They had a shitty situation this year but you look at the past Georgia QBs and the guy coming next year (presumably), Jacob Eason (#1 pro-style QB according to Rivals), and he got that dude from the other side of the country.

El_Chino

5 Star QB and current UGA commit Jacob Eason spending his second day at Florida today. Apparently the visit has not sit well with recently flipped 4 Star QB Franks.

mre

Oh, is he leaving already? Yeah, never thought he was a long-termer. No worries, I heard we're willing to up the ante and give Nick Saban $6 or $7, so he'll totally be the next Cal coach. Sorry Bama fans.
That's cool. Charlie Weiss has been around campus this year, so we wouldn't miss a beat with the decided schematic advantage he would bring.

El_Chino

Given Florida's QB situation, I wouldn't blame them for taking 3+ QB's in one class

Without a doubt I agree, but seems like everyone wants early playing time.

Let's say we get him too then next year we'd have

Harris
Grier (after suspension)
Franks
Eason
Trask

Now all of a sudden we have a Ohio State QB situation.

Sonny Dykes to UVA is getting alot of momentum.

Flood to CAL!

Why do you need to mock Kyle Flood like that?

Our awesome administration realized he wasn't getting it done. They always do the right thing at the right time.

They let him go with the respect he deserved.

Now, we have pessimist CRETINS like yourself mocking him! Apologize to Flood.

That's cool. Charlie Weiss has been around campus this year, so we wouldn't miss a beat with the decided schematic advantage he would bring.

I think Kiffin sliding into the AD role and Weis being coach would probably render college football moot for the next 10 years. Just present the trophies to 'Bama, Larry.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Harris
Grier (after suspension)
Franks
Eason
Trask

Grier might actually leave if yall had all those guys.

If he transferred, would his suspension be delayed until he is eligible to play again?

mre

If he transferred, would his suspension be delayed until he is eligible to play again?
I don't think it would. He's already used his redshirt, so he's already going to lose a year of eligibility when he sits out (if he transfers).

That would make it extra punitive on him, and would essentially make it a 2 season ban. Of course, the NCAA doesn't give 3 fucks about the kids, so who knows.

Harris
Grier (after suspension)
Franks
Eason
Trask

I don't think Trask would transfer if he's not the starter. He's not even the starter at his highschool so he's used to playing backup. The other guys probably all want to start so whomever doesn't win the job may transfer after next season.

El_Chino

There's like a 1% chance of us getting all those guys haha. If we do Harris would have to change to a RB or something. Franks or Eason would have to red shirt and by the sound of it, they both want early playing time.

andycapps

He'll make them tone it down some, and some of their demeanor will relax because that's just how he is. He's very competitive but always has the same look regardless of being up by 50 or down by 50. And some people really dislike that in the fanbase.

Ramsey should have started this year and we can blame that on Schottenheimer. We'll see if Richt takes over more on offense like he says he misses. Though if he gets Willie Martinez to be his DC, Miami is screwed. He's so bad.

andycapps

Richt meeting with team now to tell them he won't be coaching in the bowl game. He was planning on it but obviously things with Miami happened quickly.

From Matt Hinton:

"Taking a stab at an All-America team. This is how I'm evaluating the impossibly crowded field of running backs. "

"Basically comes down to what you value: Big-play explosiveness (Cook) or workhorse consistency (Henry, Fournette). "

Quake1028

From Matt Hinton:

"Taking a stab at an All-America team. This is how I'm evaluating the impossibly crowded field of running backs. "

"Basically comes down to what you value: Big-play explosiveness (Cook) or workhorse consistency (Henry, Fournette). "

For RB I think it should be

First Team: Henry, Cook
Second Team: Fournette, Elliott
Third Team: McCaffrey, Freeman
60th Team: Mark Walton

BTW, it was close coming out of the same high school, with Cook ranked #21 in the country overall in 2014 and Yearby ranked #23, but god damn if it hasn't turned into a rout for FSU :(.

Richt meeting with team now to tell them he won't be coaching in the bowl game. He was planning on it but obviously things with Miami happened quickly.

WOW!

WHAT A JERK!

SO MUCH FOR CLASS!

CLEARLY WASN'T A GOOD FIT FOR RUTGERS! THAT'S WHY WE DIDN'T HIRE HIM!

Mark Richt - not a Rutgers man.

Karl2177

From Matt Hinton:

Good to see Mike Warren on that. He's easily the best back we've had in a while.

Top Bottom