• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

clav

Northwestern QB asks students around campus about Northwestern QB's performance.

https://vimeo.com/147624904

I disagree that the students tell him that he needs to be more patient as one of Northwestern's problems is not having a strong offensive line. No QB can be patient with that.

Sarye

Jordan Johnson decommits from GT due to police harassment during the game.

How pissed must GT be.

http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...gia-tech-football-ol-jordan-johnson-decommits

"Johnson confirmed to FTRS over Twitter that the incident was, in fact, an encounter with a GTPD officer. When recruits visit games, they are identified by a lanyard which is worn around their necks as opposed to a ticket. In this case, Johnson and his brother went to the concession stand and returned to see their mother being approached by an officer who said that she had to leave because she had no ticket. According to Johnson, who showed the officer his lanyard, the officer “felt as though we had forged those badges and we didn’t belong in the game”. Johnson then told the officer that he would decommit because of it, to which the man responded that he “wouldn’t care because he would still have his job if I went there or not”.

andycapps

I remember seeing that when it first came out. The speculation was the family tried to sit in a different section and they told them to go back to the recruiting area. So the mom was just near her own section, then they got challenged on their credential?

Bad look either way. But even worse now.

This would never happen with ttk.

giphy.gif

Kansas has zero Big 12 championships, even though they managed a 12-1 season.

That's Kansas football, though. Miami has higher expectations. For that matter, the ACC has higher expectations for Miami.

The hilarious "never happened" conference stat for me is a different sport. The round ball. Clemson has been in the ACC from the beginning -- 1953 -- and has never won an ACC championship, and has never won in Chapel Hill. For the past 10 years or so, they haven't been guaranteed a trip to Chapel Hill because of imbalanced schedules, but for the first 50 years of the league that was not the case.

Not even once.

That's Clempsoning.

That's Kansas football, though. Miami has higher expectations. For that matter, the ACC has higher expectations for Miami.

The hilarious "never happened" conference stat for me is a different sport. The round ball. Clemson has been in the ACC from the beginning -- 1953 -- and has never won an ACC championship, and has never won in Chapel Hill. For the past 10 years or so, they haven't been guaranteed a trip to Chapel Hill because of imbalanced schedules, but for the first 50 years of the league that was not the case.

Not even once.

That's Clempsoning.

Basketball isn't even a real sport!

Jordan Johnson decommits from GT due to police harassment during the game.

How pissed must GT be.

http://www.fromtherumbleseat.com/20...gia-tech-football-ol-jordan-johnson-decommits
There is more to it than that. Here is a first hand account of what happened written by someone sitting close by. There are multiple sources that say we pulled his offer because of the incident as well, although he claims it isn't true.

I saw the whole thing happen. I sit in the Letterwinners club inside on the first row. The student section in the north stands is just below my seats. There were a number of people who were not students sitting in the row below. Two white Georgia Tech police officers came into that area and asked everyone who was not a student to leave the area. Everyone did except a black woman and two young black men (teenagers). Both of them were wearing recruit lanyards. One of them immediately moved his tag to his back where the officer could not see it. The officers approached and asked them to move.

There were some ensuing verbal exchanges that I could not hear. All three seemed to be getting more and more hostile. The officers appeared to remain calm. The two recruits began leaving but the woman stayed. The recruits then returned. One officer asked for identification. One of the recruits got his ID out and held it in front of the officer. When the officer reached for it, he pulled it back and put his arm behind his back. There was a heated exchange between them and the officer grabbed the recruit's arm and tried to lead him away. The woman was having a fit. At that point a black officer approached and talked with the white officers who then left. The black officer talked for a while to the three people. He then led them out of the stands. The section for recruits is just across the aisle and all other recruits were sitting in that section.

My thoughts were that the officers originally focused on no one. They simply asked all non-students to leave the section. Everyone else did. They only approached the recruits when they didn't move. They seemed to remain very calm in the face of escalating hostility. Things became a problem when the recruit decided to play hide and seek with his ID. The officer who interceded did the right thing to calm things down, otherwise the recruit would likely have been arrested. I saw nothing inappropriate on the officer's part no matter what race the recruits might have been. No one was profiled or singled out. The recruits singled themselves out by not doing what everyone else did when asked. They acted like entitled jerks and were solely responsible for what transpired. Personally, no matter how good they may be, I would not want to see that kind of person representing Georgia Tech whether black or white. Sorry for the length of this post, but I feel an eyewitness account was needed.

Tamanon

Banned
My school is super dumb. Firing Ruff is a terrible thing. One bad season and gone.

It was a fucking rebuilding year.

Ruff:( I know he'll have a better job quickly.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Ruffin is a defensive coach.

My bad then, I thought he was the TT OC before taking the ECU job.....not to mention his teams never stopped anyone, just outscored them. Ruffin is still a good dude, though, he'll get a mid major HC somewhere. I'm still surprised ECU betrayed like the only guy who didn't view that job as anything more than a stepping stone

Yeah the response I saw on Twitter was that unless he killed someone or something similarly horrible then the move is nonsensical.

Orgeron made it his No. 1 priority to please the players, with one of his first acts to offer cookies at the nightly team dinner.

“If you give a lineman a cookie, he’s happy,” Orgeron said.

Helton followed Orgeron’s blueprint in almost identical fashion.

“Coach Helton is who we wanted to be the coach,” safety Chris Hawkins said. “Now we need to show it was the right decision.”

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20151203/how-clay-helton-won-the-usc-football-head-coaching-job

Sounds more and more like Helton got the job because Haden regrets not giving it to the under-qualified Orgeron.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 2h2 hours ago
Shocked about McNeill. ECU lost starting QB before year, nearly won at UF, beat Va. Tech. Hope ECU has a verbal agreement w/Nick Saban

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 31m31 minutes ago
East Carolina does not have an agreement w/anyone to replace Ruffin McNeill. “Just trying to upgrade the program,” source told @ESPN

Zkbgh0l.gif

My bad then, I thought he was the TT OC before taking the ECU job.....not to mention his teams never stopped anyone, just outscored them. Ruffin is still a good dude, though, he'll get a mid major HC somewhere. I'm still surprised ECU betrayed like the only guy who didn't view that job as anything more than a stepping stone

His OC most of the time he was at ECU, Lincoln Riley, is now the OC for Oklahoma. Interviewed for the Sakerlina job recently.

::edit::
relevant -

YX2yGUM.png

Ruffin McNeil fired by ECU.

Dumb.. Completely dumb.

Yeah the response I saw on Twitter was that unless he killed someone or something similarly horrible then the move is nonsensical.

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20151203/how-clay-helton-won-the-usc-football-head-coaching-job

Sounds more and more like Helton got the job because Haden regrets not giving it to the under-qualified Orgeron.

Yup... Exactly what I thought as well when they announced it.

Haden's ass should have been canned after he botched the Sark situation as terribly as he could have.

Top Bottom