• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

Also Yahoo apparently reported that LSU was negotiating with Jimbo up until like half time of the LSU game before deciding to keep Les. That's pretty shitty.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
CVZfW3TWcAEqX91.png

Lol, this kid should stop going to games (if you understand what happened to the Lions against the Packers)

Patrick Hobbs said:
Dear Supporters of Rutgers Athletics,
I am honored to have the opportunity to help build a Big Ten championship culture at Rutgers University. As a New Jersey native, I take immense pride in this University and all that it provides for our student-athletes, faculty, coaches, staff and alumni. Rutgers Athletics has been referred to as a “sleeping giant.” Now is the time to develop that enormous potential to ensure success on the biggest stage college athletics has to offer.

This is a monumental time. We move forward to create something very special for New Jersey’s State University. As an athletic department, we will accomplish our goals with pride and enthusiasm.

My first priority is to hire a football coach. It is essential that this person not only lead our young men, but serve as an ambassador for Rutgers University. We are working diligently to welcome a coach who will inspire and rejuvenate the excitement for Rutgers Football. I look forward to completing this process and sharing the news with all of you.

In my short time on campus, the Rutgers community has reinforced my confidence in its passion and dedication for the Scarlet Knights. I am excited to build relationships with the many people, both on and off campus, who share our vision for the future of Rutgers Athletics.

Please also join me in wishing the best of luck to Coach O'Neill and our women's soccer team as they take on Penn State tonight in the College Cup. The game begins at 5 p.m. and will be televised nationally on ESPNU.

Thank you for your continued support as we go forward together.

GO RU!

Pat Hobbs
Director of Athletics

This letter is fucking amazing.

This is how you do letter writing.

Best AD ever!

Suck it negatoid Draxal.

ag-my001

CVZfW3TWcAEqX91.png

Lol, this kid should stop going to games (if you understand what happened to the Lions against the Packers)
The laughing guy on the left makes me think it was a reenactment. Although, he is a Lions fan, so laughter could be his coping mechanism.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The laughing guy on the left makes me think it was a reenactment. Although, he is a Lions fan, so laughter could be his coping mechanism.

He's laughing because he's a lion's fan, and some of them are like that, laughing in the face of their continuing journey into the land of derp.

andycapps

It's gonna be a tug of war between UGA and Florida for this kid.
I'd still say there's a 80% chance he signs with UGA. He's been committed for a year and a half and had multiple visits at UGA. He loves the town and the program, not just Richt. Ben Cleveland is his best friend and future LT, and he's saying there's no way he'd ever flip. Eason has gotten to know most of the signing class and I just don't see a flip unless UGA goes with a system that he can't see himself in.

Eason's official at UGA is next weekend.

This is jetgate at Auburn all over again. Actually, it's probably worse than jetgate, because the only reason why it fell through is because the LSU system is broke as fuck.

I had to look up jetgate to refresh my memories. Jesus that was bad and this is worse by far. Such a clusterfuck by LSU..

And They probably are kissing his ass super hard and they should.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Are boosters just massive football fans with tons of money? The money they give is essentially lost to them correct? Aside from good tickets to games and such? It isn't some weird investment that gets them monetary returns?

Tamanon

Banned
Are boosters just massive football fans with tons of money? The money they give is essentially lost to them correct? Aside from good tickets to games and such? It isn't some weird investment that gets them monetary returns?

Well, it counts as charity I think since most schools are "non-profit". That and access.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Well, it counts as charity I think since most schools are "non-profit". That and access.

That still means 65-70% of the money you give them is lost then right? Access better be pretty damn good for the amount of money some of these boosters give.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
That still means 65-70% of the money you give them is lost then right? Access better be pretty damn good for the amount of money some of these boosters give.
Access and participation in a stupid dick-measuring contest with your fellow boosters.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
The local Fox affiliate here is reporting that Muschamp has resigned.

I thought he had to wait until after the SEC CG in order to avoid triggering his buyout provision, so take this all with a grain of salt.

andycapps

The local Fox affiliate here is reporting that Muschamp has resigned.

I thought he had to wait until after the SEC CG in order to avoid triggering his buyout provision, so take this all with a grain of salt.
I saw that as well about him.

So not looking forward to the SECCG. I don't know if I can watch Harris suck as badly as he has recently out of fear I will smash the TV. But I will ask again, of nobody in particular: HOW can someone who has played QB this long be SO bad at their position? How can you consistently miss WIDE open receivers and be essentially unable to make progressions? How can you not be able to change a play at the LOS when looking at the defense?

This shit seriously doesn't make sense. The O line actually played pretty well against FSU and there were several times where Harris just stood in the pocket all day, had a receiver get open, and missed him.

Same question for our field goal kicker Austin Hardin. How can you be so bad? What do these two do all week during practice? Fuck. It's driving me nuts!

ag-my001

This is now officially a record year for head coaching changes, right?
It may not be that much more than normal. This year seems different because of how many were fired early (including one before Week 1!) and how many big name programs and coaches were involved.

Draxal

It may not be that much more than normal. This year seems different because of how many were fired early (including one before Week 1!) and how many big name programs and coaches were involved.

Well, the last couple of years didn't have many, but with some many fbs schools hiring from other schools it's kinda recorrection.

Holy damn, big day for coaching news. ECU is dumb as shit, and I never even thought of Mendenhall being a candidate somewhere.

andycapps

So not looking forward to the SECCG. I don't know if I can watch Harris suck as badly as he has recently out of fear I will smash the TV. But I will ask again, of nobody in particular: HOW can someone who has played QB this long be SO bad at their position? How can you consistently miss WIDE open receivers and be essentially unable to make progressions? How can you not be able to change a play at the LOS when looking at the defense?

This shit seriously doesn't make sense. The O line actually played pretty well against FSU and there were several times where Harris just stood in the pocket all day, had a receiver get open, and missed him.

Same question for our field goal kicker Austin Hardin. How can you be so bad? What do these two do all week during practice? Fuck. It's driving me nuts!
Part of the problem with Treon is they don't trust him to change plays at the line of scrimmage, or look beyond his first read. It's kind of a vicious cycle, he's bad so they restrict him, and he's so restricted that he's pretty predictably bad.

Top Bottom