• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week 14 - Last Chance (For Chaos)

ag-my001

NDSU in the I-AA playoffs again. How has no one poached that coach yet? Too old? Weird system? North Dakota gave him all the profits they made from fracking?

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Pitt OC Jim Chaney to UGA as OC according to football scoop. Also, Arkansas OL coach Sam Pittman is taking the same position at UGA.

Anyone familiar with Chaney? Looking up more info now.

Seems like a spread guy with power running game but has become more pro-style recently.

Hiring a Pitt Man and a Pittman at the same time is a bold move UGA.

andycapps

If that's what you want to believe... Regardless, Ark improved tremendously after he left.

I think Brandon Allen had a lot to do with that though. Like I said, I'm more excited about the OL hire than the OC. I think the OC hire is a good one because he's pro style with some spread, lines up with what Eason wants and the direction Smart wanted to go.

That OL coach has put up some good lines and is apparently well thought of. Should help develop what's there and maybe bring in some other big OL. Need them.

The hires are official as well as Schumann. They're keeping Thomas Brown (RB coach) and Kevin Sherrer (linebackers) as well. So that's 5 assistants on staff as of now.

I think these new coaches might increase the dining hall costs.

El_Chino

I think Brandon Allen had a lot to do with that though. Like I said, I'm more excited about the OL hire than the OC. I think the OC hire is a good one because he's pro style with some spread, lines up with what Eason wants and the direction Smart wanted to go.

That OL coach has put up some good lines and is apparently well thought of. Should help develop what's there and maybe bring in some other big OL. Need them.

The hires are official as well as Schumann. They're keeping Thomas Brown (RB coach) and Kevin Sherrer (linebackers) as well. So that's 5 assistants on staff as of now.

I think these new coaches might increase the dining hall costs.
Georgia boards do not seem happy at all with this hire.

andycapps

Georgia boards do not seem happy at all with this hire.
The writers I follow on Twitter are all very happy with it. Georgia boards are a cesspool, especially the Dawgvent if that's what you're talking about. Barrett Sallee at Bleacher Report thinks they're great hires.

Thing with Chaney is that he's not a flashy hire. Doesn't do flashy offenses. He does do pro-style with some spread, but a huge component of his offenses seems to be ball control, power run plays, and he seems to do okay coaching up some good QB's over the years.

Anybody else watching these FCS games? On the exercise bike and checking them out. These announcers sound asleep.

El_Chino

The writers I follow on Twitter are all very happy with it. Georgia boards are a cesspool, especially the Dawgvent if that's what you're talking about.

Thing with Chaney is that he's not a flashy hire. Doesn't do flashy offenses. He does do pro-style with some spread, but a huge component of his offenses seems to be ball control, power run plays, and he seems to do okay coaching up some good QB's over the years.

Anybody else watching these FCS games? On the exercise bike and checking them out. These announcers sound asleep.

I was referring to Dawgs247 but watching Pitt seems the offense seemed to be a bit run heavy.

But hey, let's hope that 's all you need to keep Eason! You wouldn't want another Driskel.

andycapps

I was referring to Dawgs247 but watching Pitt seems the offense seemed to be a bit run heavy.

But hey, let's hope that 's all you need to keep Eason! You wouldn't want another Driskel.
It was run heavy at Arky when he was there with the OL coach that's also coming in. They had a pair of 1000 yard rushers. Chaney also had Bray put up 3600 yards and got Crompton drafted in the NFL. Seems like he's able to adapt to the personnel and move the chains in different ways. Time will tell. Can he be worse than Schottenheimer? I don't think that's possible. I think Smart would have fired him mid season.

Eason from what I'm seeing on Twitter is having a great time. Had a great time with the coeds last night, but I hope they had someone to keep the booze away form him at the bars last night.

I'd still like Patrick Bowles to transfer in and relieve some pressure for Eason to start in the first game against the Tarheels in a big game. Lots of time after that game to get a freshman QB broken in.

El_Chino

It was run heavy at Arky when he was there with the OL coach that's also coming in. They had a pair of 1000 yard rushers. Chaney also had Bray put up 3600 yards and got Crompton drafted in the NFL. Seems like he's able to adapt to the personnel and move the chains in different ways. Time will tell. Can he be worse than Schottenheimer? I don't think that's possible. I think Smart would have fired him mid season.

Eason from what I'm seeing on Twitter is having a great time. Had a great time with the coeds last night, but I hope they had someone to keep the booze away form him at the bars last night.

This hire just reminds me of Florida hiring Charlie Weis.

andycapps

Hahaha not at all!

The situation is just all too familiar. Both head coaches are first hear HC and both have hired OCs that some would consider sketchy.
I hope it doesn't turn out that way. You never know with coaching changes which is why some in the past advocated to not make a change. But if they didn't make a change, it seemed likely that UGA may not advance beyond Richt's 9-10 wins. While nothing is sure in a coaching change, they're sending the message that that is not good enough.

andycapps

From ESPN's Stephen Smith. Says has sources in Bama locker room. I've seen the opposite mentioned from sources, so I guess we'll see.

Alabama's Scott Cochran will remain as strength and conditioning coach.

Ruffin McNeill (ex East Carolina ) is now a Wahoo!

BYU coaching staff + McNeill+ 1 previous Wahoo coach = YOUR NEW HOOS COACHING STAFF.

Regime change in Charlottesville folks. Lets hope it results in wins on the field.

Wahoowa!!!!

This Army-Navy game has been good so far. I recommend that people watch this game and/or educational film.

Agreed. Entertaining.

Something to hold me over til the Warriors game later...then the Steelers tomorrow.

Good weekend of sports (GREAT Hoos news)

Seriously for a program that isn't going to a bowl game the Virginia Cavaliers are having an amazing off season.

DominoKid

Stupid play call

Anyway why is this game after the playoff selection? What if one team is undefeated and in the playoff and then they lose?

Stupid play call

Anyway why is this game after the playoff selection? What if one team is undefeated and in the playoff and then they lose?

Tradition. And contracts. One of the few traditions retained after all of the shuffling and rise of TV contracts.

But I think CBS has a relatively long-term deal for the game. And Army/Navy has always been the last game of the season, IIRC.

Top Bottom