• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

College Football Week Ten Thread: Unranked Miami Upends Ranked Duke

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
t84E6YF.png

WEEK TEN PICK 'EMS
NOTICE: THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF TDs SCORED BY SELECTED TEAMS' OFFENSES!

Remember, I'm representing the spread next to the team favored to win by the number of points in parentheses next to them. You decide if that team will win by more than that amount of points (i.e., they'll "cover" the spread) or whether you think they will either win by fewer than that amount of points or just outright lose (either of these would be a "no cover" scenario). If you have questions, ask!

Rules:

1. 1 Point for every COVER/NO COVER pick you make correctly.
2. The Person with the highest total that weeks gets 3 bonus points.
3. Ties to determine who gets the bonus points will be based upon predicting the total number of TDs by the selected teams' offenses (I'll call this the BONUS pick). For those who are tied, we'll look at this pick. Closest gets the bonus points.
4. If two people pick the same BONUS, then no one gets the bonus points. HOWEVER, if people are off from the BONUS by the same amount, but one went high and the other went low, then The Price is Right rules apply, and the person under the actual BONUS gets the bonus points.
Example: If the NUMBER OF TOTAL TDs by the selected teams' offenses is actually 28, and one person guesses 20 and the other 36, then the person who guessed 20 gets the tiebreaker and the bonus points.​
5. If anyone correctly guesses the exact BONUS, they will receive 2 bonus points.

This Week's Games:

THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF TOTAL TDs BY THE SELECTED TEAMS' OFFENSES!
BONUS (Total # of TDs by the offenses of the below teams) -
Bonus Teams: Georgia, North Texas, Tulane, Kansas, Hawaii, Vanderbilt, Miami (Ohio), Missouri, Boston College and Oregon State. HINT: http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category09/sort01.html

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt
Duke v. UNC (-7.5)
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5)
Arkansas v. Mississippi (-14.5)
Rutgers v. Michigan (-26.5)
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5)
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5)
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5)

Here's an example FROM WEEK ONE as to how you should post your picks:

BONUS Game
BONUS - 18 Total TDs by the offenses of selected teams
Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - COVER
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - COVER
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) - NO COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) - NO COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) - COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern - NO COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech - COVER

Here is what is being said with those picks:

BONUS
BONUS - 18 passing TDs | This pick is for there to be a total # of 18 TDs by the offenses for all of the selected teams.
Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - COVER | This pick is for SoCar to beat UNC by 4 or more points.
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - COVER | This pick is for TCU to beat Minnesota by 20 or more points
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER | This pick is for Florida to either beat NMSU by 36 or fewer points or to lose to NMSU.
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) COVER | This pick is for Auburn to beat Louisville by 15 or more points.
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) COVER | This pick is for Nebraska to beat BYU by 10 or more points.
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) - NO COVER | This pick is for Notre Dame to either beat Texas by 11 or fewer points or to lose to Texas.
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) - NO COVER | This pick is for Alabama to either beat Wisconsin by 11 or fewer points or to lose to Wisconsin.
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) - COVER | This pick is USC to beat Arkansas State by 34 or more points.
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern - NO COVER | This pick is for Stanford to either beat Northwestern by 12 or fewer points or to lose to Northwestern.
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech - COVER | This pick is for OSU to beat VA Tech by 18 or more points.

Playoff Spots are being announced tonight (11/3) at 7:00 PM EST.

Week 8 Wall of Shame

User Name Posts
Randolph Freelander 60
Yaboosh 58
FloydtheFathead 55

Draxal

Man, wondering if Eichorst will be fired in Nebraska, there's no way they're firing Riley without firing him first.

I kinda feel bad for UGA. They just can't seem to find a quarterback. Meanwhile, we pulled arguably the best QB in the country right out of their backyard.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Nice all around meltdown.

Really like seeing Auburn fans really starting to dislike Gus, after they had just built him up as some sort of legendary coaching messiah just a few short years ago.

andycapps

I kinda feel bad for UGA. They just can't seem to find a quarterback. Meanwhile, we pulled arguably the best QB in the country right out of their backyard.

IIRC, UGA offered him a lot later than Clempson did. UGA used to be a lot slower to offer guys. That has changed with Pruitt and a much beefed up recruiting staff/budget. But yeah, that kind of thing is infuriating, especially given our shit show at QB this year.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
WEEK TEN PICK 'EMS
NOTICE: THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF TDs SCORED BY SELECTED TEAMS' OFFENSES!

Remember, I'm representing the spread next to the team favored to win by the number of points in parentheses next to them. You decide if that team will win by more than that amount of points (i.e., they'll "cover" the spread) or whether you think they will either win by fewer than that amount of points or just outright lose (either of these would be a "no cover" scenario). If you have questions, ask!

Rules:

1. 1 Point for every COVER/NO COVER pick you make correctly.
2. The Person with the highest total that weeks gets 3 bonus points.
3. Ties to determine who gets the bonus points will be based upon predicting the total number of TDs by the selected teams' offenses (I'll call this the BONUS pick). For those who are tied, we'll look at this pick. Closest gets the bonus points.
4. If two people pick the same BONUS, then no one gets the bonus points. HOWEVER, if people are off from the BONUS by the same amount, but one went high and the other went low, then The Price is Right rules apply, and the person under the actual BONUS gets the bonus points.
Example: If the NUMBER OF TOTAL TDs by the selected teams' offenses is actually 28, and one person guesses 20 and the other 36, then the person who guessed 20 gets the tiebreaker and the bonus points.​
5. If anyone correctly guesses the exact BONUS, they will receive 2 bonus points.

This Week's Games:

THIS WEEK'S BONUS/TIE BREAKER IS TO PICK THE NUMBER OF TOTAL TDs BY THE SELECTED TEAMS' OFFENSES!
BONUS (Total # of TDs by the offenses of the below teams) -
Bonus Teams: Georgia, North Texas, Tulane, Kansas, Hawaii, Vanderbilt, Miami (Ohio), Missouri, Boston College and Oregon State. HINT: http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/national/team/offense/split01/category09/sort01.html

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt
Duke v. UNC (-7.5)
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5)
Arkansas v. Mississippi (-14.5)
Rutgers v. Michigan (-26.5)
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5)
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5)
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5)

Here's an example FROM WEEK ONE as to how you should post your picks:

BONUS Game
BONUS - 18 Total TDs by the offenses of selected teams
Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - COVER
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - COVER
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) COVER
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) COVER
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) - NO COVER
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) - NO COVER
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) - COVER
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern - NO COVER
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech - COVER

Here is what is being said with those picks:

BONUS
BONUS - 18 passing TDs | This pick is for there to be a total # of 18 TDs by the offenses for all of the selected teams.
Thursday
South Carolina (-3.5) vs. UNC - COVER | This pick is for SoCar to beat UNC by 4 or more points.
TCU (-19.5) vs. Minnesota - COVER | This pick is for TCU to beat Minnesota by 20 or more points
Saturday
New Mexico State vs. Florida (-36.5) NO COVER | This pick is for Florida to either beat NMSU by 36 or fewer points or to lose to NMSU.
Louisville v. Auburn (-14.5) COVER | This pick is for Auburn to beat Louisville by 15 or more points.
BYU v. Nebraska (-9.5) COVER | This pick is for Nebraska to beat BYU by 10 or more points.
Texas v. Notre Dame (-11.5) - NO COVER | This pick is for Notre Dame to either beat Texas by 11 or fewer points or to lose to Texas.
Wisconsin v. Alabama (-11.5) - NO COVER | This pick is for Alabama to either beat Wisconsin by 11 or fewer points or to lose to Wisconsin.
Arkansas St. v. USC (-33.5) - COVER | This pick is USC to beat Arkansas State by 34 or more points.
Stanford (-12.5) v. Northwestern - NO COVER | This pick is for Stanford to either beat Northwestern by 12 or fewer points or to lose to Northwestern.
Ohio State (-17.5) v. VA Tech - COVER | This pick is for OSU to beat VA Tech by 18 or more points.

cdyhybrid

BONUS (Total # of TDs by the offenses of the below teams) - 35

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU COVER

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt COVER
Duke v. UNC (-7.5) NO COVER
Stanford (-16.5) v. Colorado COVER
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5) COVER
Arkansas v. Mississippi (-14.5) COVER
Rutgers v. Michigan (-26.5) COVER
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5) COVER
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5) COVER

I miss Gondo too.

Kyler Fackrell, one of the USU Aggie's LBs, made it through to the Butkus semi-finalist stage. Not bad for a guy that had ONE offer out of high school.

Karl2177

BONUS (Total # of TDs by the offenses of the below teams) - 17
Bonus Teams: Georgia, North Texas, Tulane, Kansas, Hawaii, Vanderbilt, Miami (Ohio), Missouri, Boston College and Oregon State.

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU COVER

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt COVER
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5) NO COVER
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5) NO COVER
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5) NO COVER
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5) NO COVER

BONUS (Total # of TDs by the offenses of the below teams) - 28

Thursday
Baylor (-17.5) v. KSU NO COVER

Saturday
Notre Dame (-9.5) v. Pitt NO COVER
Florida State v. Clemson (-13.5) NO COVER
Minnesota v. Ohio State (-23.5) COVER
Kansas v. Texas (-21.5) COVER
Cal v. Oregon (-3.5) COVER

How is LSU/Alabama not one of the games included?

andycapps

lol, not only does Chop Block U have more TDs than us, but so does Chop Block U Jr.

Whatever you do, don't look up our stats from last year on cfbstats.com when we had Hutson Mason as our QB. Granted, Bobo had Gurley for part of the year, and Chubb for all of it, but still... The difference in PPG is staggering.

And honestly Hutson Mason was fine. He was a game manager in the truest sense of the word and rarely made poor plays or put the team in a bad position. I'd love for him to have been back this year. The big deal last year was that everyone complained because he was only putting up about 150 yards a game passing, and he was never passing downfield. They drilled into his head how important it was to be safe with the ball, and he never took shots downfield. Which didn't end up mattering because of how many points they were putting up.

I still do not understand the decision to put a fucking KICK HOLDER at QB. I know he has played QB or whatever and Lambert hasn't looked great but he has, what, 1200 yards, over 60% completion and 9 TDs on the year? And experience?

Instead Mark Richt throws Bauta in his first start against one of the better defenses in the country and in a neutral site game to boot. How dumb is he? And how desperate is that? It doesn't even make sense. I now am starting to seriously believe it was done strictly to have a scapegoat for a loss.

andycapps

I still do not understand the decision to put a fucking KICK HOLDER at QB. I know he has played QB or whatever and Lambert hasn't looked great but he has, what, 1200 yards, over 60% completion and 9 TDs on the year? And experience?

Instead Mark Richt throws Bauta in his first start against one of the better defenses in the country and in a neutral site game to boot. How dumb is he? And how desperate is that? It doesn't even make sense. I now am starting to seriously believe it was done strictly to have a scapegoat for a loss.

There have been a lot of people asking that same question.

They did say in the spring that all 3 QB's were pretty much even. What we didn't get at the time was that what that meant was that they all had pretty big downsides and moments of greatness. So now they're at the point where as of now, they're still not sure who's starting Saturday against Kentucky. It's either Lambert or Bauta. That is awful. We're how many weeks into the season and they don't know who the QB is? And instead of getting all the first team reps, they're having to split them. That throws them off, the line, the receivers, etc.

Oh yeah, they're also thinking of changing out some OL. Which seems necessary after how I watched our guards get pushed two yards backwards on a running play. And that's taking nothing away from Florida's line, which is talented, but our OL was supposed to be a strength of the team, but it has thus far been average, at best. Mostly it's been a liability and disappointment.

I did think about all this stuff during the drive home last night and how things got in the situation they're in with QB's and the OL. This would not have happened when Richt first came in. I think the problem is that he's taken the Coach as CEO thing too far. He's out there observing everything, and word is he's in all the QB meetings. But back when he first came, he was running everything. Now I think he's delegated everything to his coaches, which makes some sense when you're paid as much as they are. But at some point you have to step in and take charge. He said today he's not doing that at this time.

I think if we took 2002 Richt and put him on today's team, where they'd be at would be much different. By that same token, if they took a successful coach from another program and put him on the team, he'd probably have pretty good success.

Top Bottom