• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colors! 3D |OT| Art, in 3D. (Also in 2D on iOS)

BDGAME

Any advice with lighting and colouring is welcome!

179211.jpg

Look the ligth in the face of your avatar and then in the girls face. Its a good start.

vall03

fuck! I just continued my drawing and one of the layers just disappeared, anyway to get it back? I dont want to redraw that part... *sigh*

Tunavi

Banned
THIS PROGRAM IS SO UNDERRATED

there is some AMAZING stuff in the public gallery. makes me feel like a piece of shit haha

Amir0x

Banned
Thanks. I am now starting to utilize the other two brush types to see how that works into my style. I marvel at how the guys in the sample pictures get what they do out of this program, but I definitely feel this program has a fairly good set of features for the cheap price they charge.

Amir0x

Banned
Thanks. I think I should stick to my cartoon style in this program, I'm just so much more comfortable with that.

I tried a tribute drawing to one of my favorite Hobbit paintings based on Bilbo's Last Song, you can see the painting it's based on right here, but it didn't work out too well:

367848.png

http://colorslive.com/details/367848-bilbo's_last_song_by_Amir0x.php

I'm not, like, sad I drew it, but I definitely feel inadequate when I'm not in my stylistic comfort zone.

Thanks. I think I should stick to my cartoon style in this program, I'm just so much more comfortable with that.

I tried a tribute drawing to one of my favorite Hobbit paintings based on Bilbo's Last Song, you can see the painting it's based on right here, but it didn't work out too well:

367848.png

http://colorslive.com/details/367848-bilbo's_last_song_by_Amir0x.php

I'm not, like, sad I drew it, but I definitely feel inadequate when I'm not in my stylistic comfort zone.

It looks like you got impatient when doing certain parts, especially the fields. I'd suggest trying to use more detail up front, and dial it back gradually when moving to the background.

I've been getting the App some use again, going to use it to make sketches for my upcoming comic project. Here's a first sample:

393451.png

This app is awesome and the ultimate timesink.

Amir0x, thanks for sharing your stuff. I'm gonna pull it up on the 3DS and check out the playback and the layers.

I really want to work on one before the week is out.

Finally finished a new painting! Keeping with the Disneyland theme here.
This is one of my favorite classic Star Tours scenes.

Star Tours: Comets!

te545.png

I love it.

I haven't done anything in Colors! 3D in a long time but here's my latest work. Took me a solid 5 hours in one sitting. I'm not sure if its actually Samus or her evil clone SA-X. I tried to give this a dangerous feel. What do you think gaf?

_507043.jpg

Here's the link to it in the Colors! gallery:http://colorslive.com/details/507043-Hunting_the_Dark_by_artwalknoon.php

Great atmosphere. Is that a Metroid puddle on the ground?

loborzelda

Neo Member
583559.png

This is a slightly different version of another drawing I recently did. It definitely looks better in 3D. If you want to see my other drawings my username is loboreeves.

Platy

Anyone knows if there is anything more than the 3ds ?

I don't know anything about Vita's screen .. is it pressure sensitive ?

Takao

Banned
buy colors for playstation vita

Colors! arrives for Sony PlayStation Vita™

Collecting Smiles is proud to announce that Colors! is now available for the PlayStation Vita. This is the first of a number of new platforms that Colors! will be made available for in the coming months.

Colors! for PlayStation Vita provides a fun and simple painting experience and invites the user to browse and participate in an online gallery consisting of countless beautiful paintings. It can be downloaded as a Free Demo or as a Full Version available for $6.99 in the North American PlayStation Store (Availability in other regions is TBA).

"It is great to see Colors! on the PlayStation Vita. Our goal with Colors! is to have the app on every platform where it can shine, and the PlayStation Vita is definitely a device where Colors! looks beautiful. We can't wait to see what the new users will come up with. Our community already amazes us on a daily basis with their creativity, and I'm convinced that we will see just as wonderful things from PlayStation Vita users."

- Jens Andersson, President & Founder of Collecting Smiles.

http://colorslive.com/pressrelease_nov_20_2012.php

I don't know anything about Vita's screen .. is it pressure sensitive ?

Yes. Vita uses an OLED capacitive touch screen that supports multi-touch (used to zoom in Colors) and pressure sensitivity.

buy colors for playstation vita

http://colorslive.com/pressrelease_nov_20_2012.php

Yes. Vita uses an OLED capacitive touch screen that supports multi-touch (used to zoom in Colors) and pressure sensitivity.

Capacitive and pressure sensitive... I don't think so.

Anyway, if using this on the Vita I would highly suggest anyone to invest in a capacitive stylus. Even if capacitive isn't as precise when it comes to drawing applications, the input comfort of a stylus mitigates that by a lot. Drawing with your fingers is nice for doodles, but it's not really enough to get satisfying results.

watershed

Banned
I wish this community wasn't dead! There should be lots of us using Colors especially now that its out on Vita. Anyways here's my latest painting. Its based on a still from the Wong Kar Wai movie "The Grandmasters". I used a bit of tracing for this one but also threw in lots of abstraction:

740935-7H1QFye8x9seuTQz.jpg

I wish this community wasn't dead! There should be lots of us using Colors especially now that its out on Vita. Anyways here's my latest painting. Its based on a still from the Wong Kar Wai movie "The Grandmasters". I used a bit of tracing for this one but also threw in lots of abstraction:

740935-7H1QFye8x9seuTQz.jpg

Yeah I'm bummed out that it's pretty much dead here. Pitty.

Btw, I love the style of this piece. Great use of colour and shapes.

watershed

Banned
Sorry to once again bump this thread that few others seem interested in but Colors! for the 3ds is receiving a big update that should release some time in February. Here are the changes/new features:

Here is the new Gallery front page and as you can see, it’s quite slimmed down compared to the current version. I talked about “Followers” previously, and this is where the new paintings from the artists you follow will show up – right front and center. And see the new icon in the bottom right corner? That is for notifications. This button will be available throughout the gallery and will notify you when someone comments on or likes a painting of yours. Tapping the notification button will bring up a screen that gives you information about everything that’s been going on since the last time you visited the gallery. Now let’s take a look at what happens when you tap the Browse button.
As you can see, there is a bunch of new ways to browse the Colors! Gallery. You still have the Top/Weekly/New lists that we have right now, but now there is the search bar that I know many of you have been asking for. There are also a few brand new buttons: “Trending” can best be described as a best of the day. “New Scribbles” is where paintings that took less than 10 minutes to create will appear. That also means that New Paintings will only show paintings that took 10 minutes or MORE to create, which I think will make that list a bit nicer. Finally, there is a Featured Tags button, but I’ll save that one for a later post.

http://www.collectingsmiles.com/news/browse-search-and-notifications/#more-386

BDGAME

The community here in gaf can be dead, but the Colors!3D community is a very strong one! This game has almost 1 year out in 3DS and there is a lot o people putting images ever day on it and one is pretty than other.

Lets put some images that are amazing, with link to people see on 3DS.

781113-pVF6ZhArD2PI16bP.jpg

http://colorslive.com/details/781113

801798-1oHX8X9EJMLaQ5NW.jpg

http://colorslive.com/details/801798

576597-atlrc5lsn-3QIJ2s.jpg

http://colorslive.com/details/576597

237388-eUBi88O_6Ya8AuN4.jpg

http://colorslive.com/details/237388

306572-LcT5AkE-mqCB3PoY.jpg

http://colorslive.com/details/306572

115099-tpZt5kWldcNJ9IFU.jpg

http://colorslive.com/details/115099

Open your favorites and put some images here. Lets show how great this community is.

watershed

Banned
^That Vader is amazing. I would post more of my recent stuff in this thread if it didn't feel like I am talking only to myself :(

m0t0k1

^That Vader is amazing. I would post more of my recent stuff in this thread if it didn't feel like I am talking only to myself :(

I know there aren't lots of replies on this thread but i love to see more drawings. I am not that good at drawing so i did some traces that aren't worth posting lol.

Platy

I know there aren't lots of replies on this thread but i love to see more drawings. I am not that good at drawing so i did some traces that aren't worth posting lol.

Please post !

...the thread needs to be alive till the second semester when I will start flooding it like there was no tomorrow xD

I love seeing everyone post. What did you guys think of the update?

I think it's such a huge upgrade in gallery features that it almost feels like a whole new release.

I don't think any of the drawing tools have been upgraded, not that they needed to be.

I'm loving going onto the gallery and not seeing friend codes everywhere. The weekly challenges sound cool too.

I'm juggling a few pieces. I just get frustrated at how long it takes to make progress and how not good they look afterwards. I'll post them in time. Would I be able to post the WIP and continue working on it, yeah? Or would it get locked?

I thought it was just a simply paint program until I saw the gallery...

Damn. The stuff is on par with Photoshop. And it's portable and only 7 bucks?!

They should put wacom digitizers behind these things and call it a day.

Had some experience with the app now and it's just as amazing as it looks. The interface is familiar to digital artists but takes some getting used to in a handheld format. There's a good amount of customization for the buttons too, which makes finding what you want much easier.

It's no surprise that it's a powerful tool judging from the output, but you've really gotta know what you're doing. It's pretty impressive how many undos it can handle and the fact that even a long painting session is recorded for you to share. I bought it immediately after turning on my 3DS for the first time and I've enjoyed every minute since. 3D imaging is also very nifty.

Wacom should team up with Ninty for the next 3DS and put some digitizers behind those touch screens.

Platy

I just want to say that I now have my 3DS.

I also got Code of Princess that was on sale, boght the system with Fire Emblem and I borrowed Super Mario 3D Land and Ocarina of Time.

....and my most played thing on the system is now THIS FUCKING GENIOUS APPLICATION !

I am still learning all the tricks and stuffs ... but I promise that the future holds lots of glorious things for this thread =D

SuperSah

Banned
I just want to say that I now have my 3DS.

I also got Code of Princess that was on sale, boght the system with Fire Emblem and I borrowed Super Mario 3D Land and Ocarina of Time.

....and my most played thing on the system is now THIS FUCKING GENIOUS APPLICATION !

I am still learning all the tricks and stuffs ... but I promise that the future holds lots of glorious things for this thread =D

I cannot draw, AT ALL but this was so worth it just to see other people's 3D art. Stunning stuff!

This thread might be dead, but I'm still going to post a few new ones:

First batch are some studies I did while hiking in the alps... they were well worth the mosquito stings lol

1229236-gNNvUnmAnO2bxKNw.png

1235824-ikswD8kligQICEnI.png

1240042-t5Xr-z5frh7QTAYs.png

1253703-v6tEE6RfPhPtuS7W.png

These one I did over the last few weeks/months due to my continued insomnia:

1412159-5wgohT2nF1sjVElN.png

NSFW

Top Bottom