• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

October release for PS4 is going to be fun.

Also, the next Platinum games thread is going to be a repeat of Bayonetta 2 isn't it?

Mrbob

Whispers of a Kinect-less sku.

MS is really desperate if that pans out. Hard to believe how badly they fucked up
Ms are about to take all the success and momentum of the 360 and set it ablaze. They have to be desperate by now. I'm surprised they will wait till 2014 to go kinectless.

Bsigg12

r0IjXJI.png

What does this have to do with anything? It's from March.

Who tried to pretend that he had inside sources for months until actual next gen news started leaking. Then he vanished from Gaf. I think he's just jealous of people who actually have inside sources, or are the inside source. Or anyone who has any knowledge at all.
I thought he vanished from GAF because he refused to pay out on a bet he lost.

JoeFenix

Ugh at Platinum making a X1 exclusive.

That is the one place I will not be following, sorry friends.

Maybe in 2017 or something, I don't play system wars but I am not supporting Microsoft after what they tried to pull on us.

Kyon

Banned
Who tried to pretend that he had inside sources for months until actual next gen news started leaking. Then he vanished from Gaf. I think he's just jealous of people who actually have inside sources, or are the inside source. Or anyone who has any knowledge at all.

Oh and then when the PS4 ram mess happened he said he knew about it all along right?

Smh

jaosobno

So, Gies is no longer fond of inside sources? Funny, when they were giving him "secret sauce" shit he had a different attitude.

Arthur, that is a pretty lame attempt to discredit one of the most credible sources.

What does this have to do with anything? It's from March.
The fact that he has never been right. Not even once I've seen him quoted here for being right.

He used to have these "insider" sources that didn't knew shit. He would also take other's sources and spin it as his own.

He's a sad little man who wishes he could have this insider info.

Also where does Cboat's post mention anything about Demon's Souls 2?
It's probably not going to literally be Demon's Souls 2 anyway. It will probably be King's Field--classic Sony IP, inspiration for Demon's Souls, and makes the name distinct from the Dark Souls series.

jayu26

FYI, though people were mad about Bayonetta going exclusive to Wii U, you'll be somewhat unhappy about what MS is moneyhatting with Platinum. Other Japanese devs are "in play" too, but Kamiya is the only 1 he's 100% sure about. The game is not for North America or Europe, which doesn't make sense.

See to me the intriguing part is not that MS has a Platinum exclusive, but that we are going to be unhappy about which game it is. See that tells me that it might be Metal Gear Rising 2.

I also wonder if no one is going to buy it like Tales of Vesperia and a year later it will drop on PlayStation outdoing lifetime sales of Xbox version in one week.

RPGamer92

Banned
It's probably not going to literally be Demon's Souls 2 anyway. It will probably be King's Field--classic Sony IP, inspiration for Demon's Souls, and makes the name distinct from the Dark Souls series.
That makes sense, some of the posts in here made it sound like Cboat talked about the game.

Darknight

Well said. I feel he's just like an attention whore, who wants to be seen as a light of hope to MS fans. He knows they will believe so he has an outlet for his BS lies.

FrsDvl

I feel like a bad person when i'm considering dropping my Xbox One order to get a PS4 instead, because of the earlier launch..

Jedi2016

I'm not the only one that forgot what CBOAT's actual user name was, am I? So I click on the link based on the promise of buttocks, and I'm all "WTF is this?" for a minute, and then "Oooo.. it's THAT guy..." and then I sit down and read through the whole thing to see what he has to say. :)

So, Gies is no longer fond of inside sources? Funny, when they were giving him "secret sauce" shit he had a different attitude.

Arthur, that is a pretty lame attempt to discredit one of the most credible sources.
That's a super old quote about an unrelated matter (Rock Paper Shotgun story on SimCity earlier in the year.) MrGerbils is either a master troll or he's using Arthur's line to cast doubt on cboat, who has like a 99% track record.

Edit: misunderstanding

ironcreed

Banned
The more Microsoft tries to backpeddle and make the Xbox One more appealing like they should have from the get go, the more of a train wreck it looks like. It is such an unattractive option going into launch it is not even funny.

Isn't it high time we hear of Demon's Souls 2?

I can't imagine how different it would be from Souls.

I wonder how kick ass it would be to have an open world Demon's Souls sequel, with a fleshed out story and adventure... perhaps even a more emphasized co-op mode.

Otherwise, I really am not sure how else Demon's can distinguish itself from Dark.

October release for PS4 is going to be fun.

Also, the next Platinum games thread is going to be a repeat of Bayonetta 2 isn't it?

It's going to be even worse. Even worse if it's Vanquish or MGR. Astronomical outcry. Dozens will be banned because they'll lose their shit.

Horp

It's so weird, cause MS keep making these strange moves, that they should see would hurt their tiny hype even more. Going out with a big statement about Ryse being the best game you've seen; what, I mean come on Ryse has practically zero hype. Only naming one game in their gamescom trailer, and that is COD Ghosts. What #2; Ghost is another game that is seriously lacking hype by now.

Samyy

I feel like a bad person when i'm considering dropping my Xbox One order to get a PS4 instead, because of the earlier launch..

Depending on where you live you might not be able to order a PS4 for launch so doublecheck if you decide to

micster

See to me the intriguing part is not that MS has a Platinum exclusive, but that we are going to be unhappy about which game it is. See that tells me that it might be Metal Gear Rising 2.

If the game is not for Europe and North America then people need to remember that Revengeance was not released for the 360 in Japan.

I wonder why MS would go for Platinum and not throw money at Capcom, make a MH for Xbone. That'll be the day lol. Platinum just don't make system sellers, MGR sold because of the brand name.

ElRenoRaven

You know. if that SKU without a kinect is true II'll actually be buying an xbox one down the road. That's the absolute last thing keeping me from buying one. Also love the Sony release date news. I really can't wait for the PS4.

Well I'd say saving $100 + having the more powerful console would also be a better incentive, but that's just me. I'm still interested in playing some of the One's games as well but I can hold off until they get this mess straightened out in a few years.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The cost only comes from the PS3's clusterfuck design and the capex associated with paying for Nagasaki upgrade to 65nm+beyond and paying IBM to upgrade East Fishkill. Sony have zero capex going into PS4, almost zero fixed cost. From all cost analyses I've seen and the one posted by zomg here Sony will be in the black on the PS4 very very quickly depending on attach rate. Certainly rate of return on this project will be significantly higher than PS3.

Focus on a single market e.g. US market is a bad move, if they want to do it they can but the game is global since growth is stemming from EM. Apple is focused on the US/West market and Android is running a train on them, which if they do not stop will see the value of the company shrink considerably in the next 10yrs.

Microsoft needs organic sales growth, their last set of results were indicative of a company with issues (zero top line growth). Domestic US focus will only work if they have a total stranglehold on that market, which again is highly unlikely and will only be fleeting since you're forever asking where are you going to generate organic growth from?

I do not think it is a smart long-term strategy (and like I've posted previously in the thread, MS has bigger fish to fry than worrying about losing the marginally accretive-to-earnings game business in, like, eastern Europe), but I think it is one that could win them a very high ARPU for this cycle.

The CBoaT speak was hard this time but man those are some awesome truthfacts. All hail the mighty CBoaT.

October PS4 release would be awesome. Launching the same day BF4 is released?

ArjanN

Really interested in what the Platinum game might be. If it's an Xbox exclusive at least there's a pretty decent chance it'll end on PC.

I'm guessing we'll find out in a day or two at Gamescom.

Anth1888

Seems CBOAT has been busy in Cologne. Hyped for Gamescom now and Sony locking in an October release.

I do wonder if EA have a clause in the TITANFALL contract, will be very interesting if they do.

avaya

I do not think it is a smart long-term strategy (and like I've posted previously in the thread, MS has bigger fish to fry than worrying about losing the marginally accretive-to-earnings game business in, like, eastern Europe), but I think it is one that could win them a very high ARPU for this cycle.

That I would agree with.

Silky

Banned
Kinda figured Xbone would be out in November, because it's a somewhat tradition thing for Xbox, I guess.

PS4 getting the leg up in different areas is the most gangsta thing ever. Good shit.

MS moneyhatting JPN devs...eh. I don't blame them. It's whatever, more games I'll probably be intereste--WOAHWOAH PLATINIUM?!? SOOOOO ANARCHY REIGNS 2 WITH DEDICATED SERVERS?1?!?!!?!?!

...Seriously sad at the Rare and BigPark news, though.

...it's weird, CBOAT said nothing regarding Game-related Gamescom announcements. :eek: Maybe he's in the dark/doesnt care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom