• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come 2to buttocks. i welcom thee

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrs

Ship as in after updates, etc. I'm about 100% certain the Xbox One has only an updater for an OS in every release box for very good reasons.

Roland1979

Holy fucking shit. PS4 launching first AND in more places?

Edit: I have to say though that this is the hardest buttocks to decipher so far. Stepping his game up, I see :p

So October eh? Wow. Should induce even more panic at MS.

Actually it might sound strange but I expected them to do it all along.
They "allowed" Xbox to announce first, caught them by surprise. We all know the PR disaster which may not have been caused by it but there was panic by MS and it showed.
They "allow" MS to launch first (MS=fall vs Sony=holidays). Maybe they will hit the stores early October.
Maybe not but it might be one of the last moves on this well played game of chess of Sony vs MS. The previous situation was Sony had a check on MS, MS pulled a castling.
Will Sony's next move be a checkmate?

3470287451_5f401055aa.jpg

Can't execute a castling when checked in the real chess game, not allowed, IRL you can

Roland1979
(06-21-2013, 06:04 PM)

~~Hasan~~

I guess in 2 days we will know if what he said is true or not. At least most of the stuff he aaid should be availavle public info in few days. We will see ;)

I swear to god, if MS moneyhats another Tales of games I will be beyond pissed.

I doubt it will happen given what happened this gen, but I am still scared. ;-;

After this gen, there will be no way that the JP devs will allow MS to moneyhat anything remotely resembling big. They left way too much money on the table in Japan and nearly drove their own home console market to extinction.

I'm also surprised MS is even trying to moneyhat Japan this time around. It worked so well last time, and this time they are basically fighting Sony and Nintendo in Japan with both hands tied behind their backs. Why are they even caring about a Tier 8 country to begin with?

avaya

Yeah it is at worldwide parity, but at massive cost and they are getting trounced in the US and in the UK. I wonder if they specifically want these consumers (more sellable or maybe more ad revenue or something?). I'd rather have the US given how US centric their service focus is.

The cost only comes from the PS3's clusterfuck design and the capex associated with paying for Nagasaki upgrade to 65nm+beyond and paying IBM to upgrade East Fishkill. Sony have zero capex going into PS4, almost zero fixed cost. From all cost analyses I've seen and the one posted by zomg here Sony will be in the black on the PS4 very very quickly depending on attach rate. Certainly rate of return on this project will be significantly higher than PS3.

Focus on a single market e.g. US market is a bad move, if they want to do it they can but the game is global since growth is stemming from EM. Apple is focused on the US/West market and Android is running a train on them, which if they do not stop will see the value of the company shrink considerably in the next 10yrs.

Microsoft needs organic sales growth, their last set of results were indicative of a company with issues (zero top line growth). Domestic US focus will only work if they have a total stranglehold on that market, which again is highly unlikely and will only be fleeting since you're forever asking where are you going to generate organic growth from?

The Platinum Games one doesn't make sense unless it's something like in Japan it's exclusive to Xbox One but in NA and Europe, it's multiplatform. Similar to Metal Gear Rising for the PS3.

Could it be a new MGS spinoff made by Platinum? Who knows... such cheap tactics.

jbug617

Banned
I swear to god, if MS moneyhats another Tales of games I will be beyond pissed.

I doubt it will happen given what happened this gen, but I am still scared. ;-;

doubt it would be Tales. I think Tales are going to be on the PS3 for a while before they make a jump to next gen.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
The wording on the Platinum Games one is weird. He says that people who are upset about Bayonetta 2 might be upset about it too. So, a Bayonetta spinoff?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
No one would be really pissed about that though would they?

Rising was an oustanding game. I'd hate for it to be exclusive to anyone. Errbody deserves to get their Rising on. Plus Rising was an extremely beloved game. Its what I get it's topic here or even GFaqs.

Whompa

if Msoft somehow money hat Plat and Konami to make MGR2 an xbone exclusive I will seriously be upset...on top of that, if they integrated Kinect to slash stuff I will laugh my ass off...

Same goes for Vanquish 2...I wouldn't even bother buying it though.

Into

Of course MS will do a 180 again and consider a SKU without Kinect, if the situation in February/March is looking grim and they are getting their asses handed to them, which is a likely scenario, if not because Sony came better prepared, have a lower price and shipped more units.

They tried the always online thing, consumers said no, whether they listened to people on GAF or whether it was the pre orders not looking all too hot, it does not matter. What matters is that consumers forced their hand

The same could happen here, which puts Xbox fans in a difficult situation, if you really like what the 360 offered you this generation but dislike motion gaming/wiimote/kinect/move, you almost have to sit there and hope the thing flops in hopes of a Kinect less SKU.

Interesting news. And I swear, the posts just get increasingly harder to read. I just barely managed to read it. I think now you are also doing it in order to fuck with us ;)

Thanks CBOAT! I hope you don't wake up to MS gorillas knocking on your hotel room's door tomorrow.

The Kinect-less Xbox is fucking weird.

I mean, if you are going to make one without Kinect, why not just get rid of it now before launch and drop the price $100.

Also, making a version without it makes it non-standard.

This is just my opinion, but everything they are going to be capable of manufacturing for the first 60-90 days is going to sell out regardless. Releasing a SKU without Kinect right around Titanfall would be a very smart business move, and would likely entice quite a few core gamers

Myshkin

Wow moneyhatting Japanese devs again? We saw how it worked out the first time...

It didn't work seven years ago why would it work now? Has something changed I'm unaware of?

Consider this - not exactly what CBOAT said (I think), but anyway - what if MS throws money at JP devs, not to get games on X1, but simply to get them to not localize their PS4 games.

Horp

Demon's Souls 2 and Dark Souls 2 both in development by FROM.

I will write that on a piece of paper
Roll it up
Smoke it
Overdose and die from the hype

Vamphuntr

They would be absolute fools to try this again. If Japanese devs do take their money, they deserve to die in my opinion.

That really depends on the deal to be honest. Some smaller studios will probably need funding/help to transition to next gen games and this is a way to do it.

In the case of Platinum, I fail to see how it could be much worse than Nintendo at this point after seeing the shipment numbers for the Wonderful 101.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
but did buttocks specify if it was a new IP or not? he just said Platinum and MS exclusive. MS could still technically pay the publisher to make the game, developed by Platinum, to be exclusive to xbone.

fy yoi thgouhte poelw er mad about abyoneta going sequeleggy to WeeeeYEWW youl be soemwaht nuhapy babout waht MS i money hateing w/Platfinim/. other jpnj dvs inplay to but KMAIYATown IS ONLY o1 I am solid onon. game NOT for nortamser uior Euroep, btway which maek sno nsense byt hwathever."""

well...our mighty Buttocks compared it to Bayo 2 Wii U situation, and how people got mad about that. so it's clearly a well known ip that people likes.

lol.

Being an exec for company and being "credible"

Albert has to tow the company line until day and date of an annoucement.

Besides, nobody said this is confirmed. Only if initial sales drop off quickly compared to sony, it will be considered.

Its going to happen at some point, but I think Mar/Apr next year is a bit too soon.

Lol

Albert is head of product planning for Microsoft. He'll tell you whatever he needs to get you to buy an Xbox one.
Of course he is an executive defending his product. That doesn't mean he lacks credibility though.

When he denied a Kinectless SKU, it wasn't even in the context of someone asking him about it directly.
He was arguing that not requiring Kinect to be plugged in wasn't a "180" but if they made a Kinectless SKU that would be a "180".
I really don't think he would have brought up that rumor himself if there was any possibility of it happening.

Hindle

Banned
After this gen, there will be no way that the JP devs will allow MS to moneyhat anything remotely resembling big. They left way too much money on the table in Japan and nearly drove their own home console market to extinction.

I'm also surprised MS is even trying to moneyhat Japan this time around. It worked so well last time, and this time they are basically fighting Sony and Nintendo in Japan with both hands tied behind their backs. Why are they even caring about a Tier 8 country to begin with?[/
I think they'll moneyhat certain Japanese games but aim them at the western market. Lost Odysesy sold 500k in the west after all.

slabrock

Banned
The wording on the Platinum Games one is weird. He says that people who are upset about Bayonetta 2 might be upset about it too. So, a Bayonetta spinoff?
I took it as an exclusive going to a console that might not be a huge market for it. A xbox one exclusive in Japan won't likely help them move consoles there.

VanWinkle

I don't get why the event won't be live streamed because the XB1 architecture is not ready yet. That doesn't make sense to me. It's not like it was ready at E3, yet they live streamed that.

Just when I thought things couldn't possibly get any worse for Microsoft...

I'm slightly intrigued by that Platinum Games/Kamiya exclusive, though.

if Msoft somehow money hat Plat and Konami to make MGR2 an xbone exclusive I will seriously be upset...on top of that, if they integrated Kinect to slash stuff I will laugh my ass off.

MGR sold well enough in Japan that MS would have to give them incredible amounts of money to deny them PS4 version sales.

I mean, MS is desperate but I don't really believe that if Konami named their own price MS would actually pay it.

avaya

Of course he is an executive defending his product. That doesn't mean he lacks credibility though.

When he denied a Kinectless SKU, it wasn't even in the context of someone asking him about it directly.
He was arguing that not requiring Kinect to be plugged in wasn't a "180" but if they made a Kinectless SKU that would be a "180".
I really don't think he would have brought up that rumor himself if there was any possibility of it happening.

Kinectless SKU will happen because they are looking likely to get spanked in sales. Albert will be applying the full PR lotion after that. He has a thankless job.

the same kojima who was on Ms conference showing the newest mgs5 video? Or the same kojima who was in that xbone teaser video?

=( MGS sells well in Japan, right? Kojima wouldn't be stupid enough to make an exclusive Metal Gear game on a console that will most definitely fail spectacularly in Japan.

Ugh, Microsoft keep your hooves off Platinum and From Soft, you can have anyone else but leave these two alone.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I don't get why the event won't be live streamed because the XB1 architecture is not ready yet. That doesn't make sense to me. It's not like it was ready at E3, yet they live streamed that.
I think that was all smoke and mirrors too.

They probably intended to do a live demo of the OS, games, etc. They'll still do it, but release the game footage afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom