• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Come Support SC2 eSports in Canada (Contest in Vancouver)

Cedstick

The Canadian Cup is starting to draw close to the Grand Finals, with only one more Qualifiers Day left -- the best will duke it out on Sunday, November 28th at the DNA LAN Center in Richmond, BC. L2SC has had an awesome turn-out so far, but we want more -- we want what Korea has.

We want cheerfuls.

What are cheerfuls, you ask? Cheerfuls are those awesome signs some of you might have seen fans waving around at live Starcraft competitions.

40078_153436111335129_100000062238231_468689_6857083_n.jpg

IMG_1184.gif

tlotg.jpg

We want to see your best cheerful you can make! Give your support for your favourite player, poke fun at a rivalry, or even give a shout-out, and I'll choose the best of the best with my esteemed panel of judges: none other than L2SC's Ic3d and BasementCat's... well, BasementCat, Bayanb. The winner will get $25! Twenty-five. Twenty-plus-five dollars. You could buy quite a few Happy Meals with that.

The L2SC guys host some great tournaments and have pulled in some great players, some included being Stalife, Drewbie, Neans, FireZerg and KawaiiRice, so you should drop by and watch, cheerfuls or not -- but seriously, who doesn't want an easy $25?

Hell, if it's good enough it doesn't even have to be a sign. Remember these guys?

http://esportscanada.net/images/fruitdealerfans.png

DNA Gaming Center is at 4351 No. 3 Road, Richmond, BC, just a couple of blocks (if that) from the Aberdeen Skytrain Station, and the event formally starts at 11am. Come have a great time, meet new people, and bring some awesome fan signs with you!

FireZerg fighteeeeeeeng!

More info here, the official Canadian Cup thread.

The Meta-Game Podcast, featuring FireZerg, SCanemone, myself and guests from L2SC to talk about the Canadian Cup.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Rad! It's like GAF is sort of a gaming community that is potentially targeted! :lol
*GAF only contest?

Cedstick

Not GAF-only D: Posted this on Team Liquid as well since we have a lot of Lower Mainlanders over there. I just remember seeing quite a few GAFers from the area posting in a Vancouver thread, so I thought I'd let you guys know. Besides, can't grow the scene without a little bit of cross-community whoring :D

Elcheris

Neo Member
Yeah please come it will be awsome!

I'm one of the guys in this come see me get owned =D
I promise many banelings if I get the chance!

Cedstick

Hey Elch, who're you? Good luck tomorrow! I'll see you there!

Just another thing I forgot to mention: the plan is projector screens for the finals! They've already got player cams for both opponents that they've been using for the qualifier broadcasts, which turned-out awesome, so with the projected finals it'll feel a lot like something you'd see in Korea :D

Top Bottom