• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Alien Romulus | Rotten Watch

Alex11

Yeah, pretty much a themed park ride named Alien, cramming in there all the quotes and iconic moments of the past movies, pretty much expected by the end for Sigourney to show up on the back of a Predator and fuck the Xeno's up.

It fucks with the lore just because it can, never mind that the Xeno is there as an afterthought. And apparently this young crew are the only ones to notice a Company space station above a mining planet run by the Company, fucking what? It's clear we're being treated like imbeciles by whoever writes and approves movies today.

VulcanRaven

I saw this again. David Johnsson is so good as Andy. I still don't like
the Ian Holm deepfake thing. It felt like they didn't have budget to make it look great.

Last edited:

Ulysses 31

It's clear we're being treated like imbeciles by whoever writes and approves movies today.
Sadly, it seems a thing of this generation of (screen)writers: forced exposition, turning characters into audience stand-ins, characters telling what they see, telling what they think, characters not sharing important info.

Last edited:

Alex11

Sadly, it seems a thing of this generation of (screen)writers: forced exposition, turning characters into audience stand-ins, characters telling what they see, telling what they think, characters not sharing important info.
You know, I'm really not that picky at movies or demand a plot that I need to watch the movie 4 times and once backward, but Jesus Christ.

I mean I couldn't believe my eyes and ears at not one, but two heavy exposition dumps by you know who. Fuck, just have Ridley or Sigourney explain the whole plot, show me some clips of Xeno's hissing and call it a day.

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
Movie crossed $300M. $80M budget. Huge success.
And to think they originally wanted to let it rot on Hulu! While I don't think Prey would have done as well as Romilus, it probably would have broke even on its 65 mill budget.

Maybe mid level genre films are making a come back.

ShadowNate

When I watched the end credits, I saw that "LOGAN" led by Alex was also credited.
What is he referring to here?

Edit: ah, according to imdb full credits it's a company (LOGAN pictures or LOGAN Studios Limited) and "Alex" is Alexei Tylevich credited as visual effects producer/main titles designer. I think he also worked on or produced a MGS title (again according to imdb).

Last edited:
I liked it a lot, yes it has problems, but not as many as Covenant.

My Ranking:
Alien = Alien 2
Romulus
Prometheus
Alien 3
Resurrection
Covenant

I hope there is another in this vein, which could be with the
survivor
of this one or the inevitable:

The Simpsons Poochie GIF

Bonus jokes:

This happened because they wanted to escape Latin America.

and

dora the explorer nickelodeon GIF

Is there an actual reason why the Hybrid was so large? It was only birthed by a human but it had features of an Engineer. You'd actually expect something like that to come out of an Engineer like in Prometheus but we got the Deacon instead.

Going by this logic, the Deacon must be the size of a house by now. I hope we see it again some day, building a better world out there.

Is there an actual reason why the Hybrid was so large? It was only birthed by a human but it had features of an Engineer. You'd actually expect something like that to come out of an Engineer like in Prometheus but we got the Deacon instead.

Going by this logic, the Deacon must be the size of a house by now. I hope we see it again some day, building a better world out there.

From the comics:

After bursting from the engineer's chest the black liquid caused a mutation in the deacon which caused it to rapidly mutate. Due to the rapid mutations in its growth it slowly grew around the promethues and became a living motionless mountain.

Ulysses 31

Eh, you question that but not how that small squid thing grew that big without any food or energy that fast? :messenger_winking_tongue:

The answer is probably
black goo magic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom