• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

SW007AFVAR.jpg

I love these Spider-Women covers. So much.

Calcium

Banned
Even if I don't like it I get to leer at Matteo Scalera art so it's pretty low risk.

The book itself is amazing. I hear horrible things about the binding, though. I still haven't pulled the trigger on getting it and I love Black Science.

Owzers

HBO free weekend for cable people ( ugh Comcast, but free weekend) Time to watch all of Game of Thrones season 5. did i see season 4? I don't even know.

sorry comics!

HBO free weekend for cable people ( ugh Comcast, but free weekend) Time to watch all of Game of Thrones season 5. did i see season 4? I don't even know.

sorry comics!

You'll get a better experience of you read all of the books by Sunday night.

Man, I remember skipping a lot of boring chapters in those books. Especially in A Feast For Crows. TV show is way better, and they're further now than the books anyway lolololololol.

Me too. Especially because everything is new now, even for those of us that read the books. So the next Red Wedding will surprise everyone!

This is why I was going to hold off on the season until Winds came out, but then I found out Andy Greenwald is doing a post-show, and since he's the best TV writer on the fucking planet now I HAVE to fucking watch.

I mean.

Fuck.

Owzers

I read all the books, the only thing i remember is that Brann and Brienne chapters bored me and they were still great reads. I had started season one and liked it a lot so i decided to do the unthinkable and read books without pictures.

Me too. Especially because everything is new now, even for those of us that read the books. So the next Red Wedding will surprise everyone!

and man I expect the quality of the show will take a dive. Everytime this show goes drastically from the books it wasn't good (except one ending action scene last season). I don't want or expect a 1 to 1 recreation of the books (like other book diehards) but they're best when they adapt Martin's work

Vyer

I disagree that the quality is automatically bad just because it deviates from the books. There are some great character moments (like Tywin/Arya and Tyrion/Oberyn) and already the best action scene of the series are stuff that aren't in the books. There are definitely misses (like a lot of last season) of course, but (not that you're doing this gketter) too many 'book purists' (ugh) refuse to give the show any credit.

and man I expect the quality of the show will take a dive. Everytime this show goes drastically from the books it wasn't good (except one ending action scene last season). I don't want or expect a 1 to 1 recreation of the books (like other book diehards) but they're best when they adapt Martin's work
It already did last season. Dorne's been forgettable in the books but it was laughable in the show. Hardhome was amazing though.

Just a FYI

Turns out Marvel is also doing another sale ontop of their BOGO

Miles Morales: Ultimate Spiderman (the one that ended with SW) and the Nova (kid Nova) series have a 99 cent sale. And it stacks with the BOGO! So 0.50 comics

https://www.comixology.com/comics-sale?list_id=11005&lang=1

I recommend ordering these on their own as things get wonky if you mix it with other priced comics.

All of their TPBs are BOGO as well.

I ended up pulling quite a haul; Got the entirety of MM: USM, the new Powerman & Iron Fist, the Deadpool vs Hawkeye TPB, and caught up on some other ANAD Marvel titles I got behind on.

Owzers

I really didn't care for the first Cap movie, i liked the initial build up but not where it went, and i remember rolling my eyes at the action montage.

I've been trying to match that star up to somebody and I can't seem to find a good one. It really looks nothing like the Nova helmet star. Wishful thinking. It's not Mar-Vell or Quasar either. Not Darkhawk...

edit: Does CBR know something we don't or are they just speculating? That's not a Nova star...
edit2: Checked out the full article and they're obviously just speculating. Kinda funny they went for the same characters I did! Aaaaand kinda annoying they state so definitively at the beginning that there is a connection to the Nova Corps only to go on to admit they have no idea.

It doesn't even really look like Sam's star, which is the only one I can think of that has four points but it stretches long on the sides, it doesn't have a cross pattern

This is going to drive me insane

edit: "I knew this was my chance to be a hero." Given the Standoff premise, could we be talking about a villain here? Rich has proven himself a hero a thousand times over, he would never say that.
edit2: I wonder if that's the opening of a helmet

Sandfox

It doesn't even really look like Sam's star, which is the only one I can think of that has four points but it stretches long on the sides, it doesn't have a cross pattern

This is going to drive me insane

edit: "I knew this was my chance to be a hero." Given the Standoff premise, could we be talking about a villain here? Rich has proved himself a hero a thousand times over, he would never say that.
edit2: I wonder if that's the opening of a helmet

For all we know it could be a villain or even Rick Jones taking up the mantle of an old character lol. I'm just going to wait and see.

Calcium

Banned
You should have run the math. There is actually a 92% chance I'll be disappointed

I don't like numbers.

They never should have sold those movie rights to FOX but they were going broke in the 90's. It was those damn embossed covers Marvel decided to slap on every other book. That was where the march to $4.99 truly began.

Marvel should just make the X-Men books amazing and include shit that wouldn't translate well to film. Just make an amazing book and look at FOX and be like "I dare you."

Hmmm, maybe it is Quasar? Awfully strange choice if so.

And that doesn't sound like something Quasar would say either.

That depends, have you (or anyone) been long awaiting his return?

Vibranium

Banned
Marvel is once again trolling Rich Rider fans, but I'm not falling for the bait, as it's obviously not him. I'm convinced I will die before he returns...

Also, I should be posting here more again. Been reading through Alias which was awesome.

Top Bottom