• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Quick question for any Batman comic book fans. I was told that there is a batman comic series where Commissioner Gordan hunts down the Batman after finding out his daughter was batgirl.

Is this true? And if so, which comic series is this?
ThAt was a BTAS episode. One of the later ones where they changed the art style. One of the best ones they did.

I don't recall off the top of my head any came in the comics that was similar

Batman #51
Grayson #19
Justice League #49
Omega Men #11
Superman/Wonder Woman #28
Saga #36
Velvet #14
Doctor Strange #7
Doctor Strange Last Days of Magic #1
Ms. Marvel #6
Old Man Logan #5
Patsy Walker #5
Spider-Woman #6
Ultimates #6
Faith #4
Imperium #15

Zombine

Banned
The way that the events play out in Wake The Devil are pretty funny in the end. I didn't enjoy it as much as Seed of Destruction, but it was still a really good story. Loved the epilogue.

I tend to enjoy it when you find out that a plot is all for nothing. You could see that Rasputin thinks more of himself than the gods, and that he himself is just a pawn. The Nazi's exploding was kind of hilarious. Huge change of tone at the very end of the story.

List.

Batman 51

Low 13
Saga 36
Velvet 14

All-New Wolverine 7
Amazing Spider-Man 11
Angela Queen of Hel 7 (RIP)
Avengers Standoff: Assault on Pleasant Hill Omega
Daredevil 6 (LAST CHANCE, Soule)
Doctor Strange 7
Doctor Strange: Last Days of Magic 1
International Iron Man 2 (on notice)
Ms. Marvel 6
Old Man Logan 5
Spider-Woman 6
Squadron Supreme 6
Star Wars 18
Ultimates 6
Unbeatable Squirrel Girl 7
Venom: Space Knight 6

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I mean... This is the first arc. It just happened that the big bad was a woman. It's not like we are 20 issues in and every villian is a woman.

Still though, two females who try to control him as the villains for two arcs is a bit lazy

The way that the events play out in Wake The Devil are pretty funny in the end. I didn't enjoy it as much as Seed of Destruction, but it was still a really good story. Loved the epilogue.

I tend to enjoy it when you find out that a plot is all for nothing. You could see that Rasputin thinks more of himself than the gods, and that he himself is just a pawn. The Nazi's exploding was kind of hilarious. Huge change of tone at the very end of the story.
It was hilarious seeing Rasputin pouting while Baba Yaga's like "Ya dun fucked up kid"

Zombine

Banned
What do you think of the Mirrors Edge Beta?

_id1461488215_343178.png

All I needed to know. An i5 with a 970 can run this thing at 66 FPS on ultra. PC day 1

They're idiots.

I'm getting that feeling. The show hasn't done any more than give the basic origin. I mean, I wished they'd held off on the Nuhumans for awhile, but otherwise everything they've done has been pretty basic. It hasn't touched any of the heavy stuff that comes with the Royal Family.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Runner Vision makes it easy enough to get from A to B, which is really all the open world is there for. If you are a completionist it might bother you because the collectibles are scattered a bit, but otherwise, it's fine IMO.
I deactivated Runner Vision/acticared the Runner Vision from the original game.
It was like a Ubisoft game.

Zombine

Banned
I think I want to build a pc.

You should have built one ages ago m8. I told you to do it and you were like "Nooooooooooooooooo" and now you see this superior graph and you realize you might have been misguided.

You're welcome.

Also I want to play Seige with you.

But wait until the next gen of graphics cards. Not long to go.

I will probably upgrade from my 970 once the new guys drop.

You should have built one ages ago m8. I told you to do it and you were like "Nooooooooooooooooo" and now you see this superior graph and you realize you might have been misguided.

You're welcome.

Also I want to play Seige with you.

"I can show you the world
Shining, shimmering, splendid...."

I will probably upgrade from my 970 once the new guys drop.

Think I'll wait until whatever the 1100 series ends up being. I don't play a lot of graphically intense stuff these days. The last "GRAPHICS~!" game I played before the Catalyst beta was Rise of the Tomb Raider, which in fairness was pretty stunning visually.

Messi

Zombeen I just need a machine that can run Sims 4 better than it does right now and Second Life. I play siege on xbox.

Zombine

Banned
Zombeen I just need a machine that can run Sims 4 better than it does right now and Second Life. I play siege on xbox.

About $1200 US dollars can get you an awesome rig.

Consoles legit ain't shit and I own and play everything. PC is just 👌

Consoles are Valiant comics and PC is an oversized $2.99 issue of your favorite Image comic.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
About US dollars can get you an awesome rig.

Consoles are Valiant comics and PC is an oversized issue of your favorite Image comic.

Spot on.

Can't wait to sort out my 980ti in a few months

Bruce Timm Art of War Wonder Woman statue disappeared from diamonds list and is now TBA. Thank fuck. Couldn't afford it this week.

Hm. You went in for that one? I don't know, a lot of these AoW prototypes don't fill me with confidence. I liked the Yanick Paquette one, but the painting on the face of the prototype was abominable.

Messi list of I am going to start reconsidering these marvel books soon.

Messi, isn't this like every week for you?

The beginning which is Seeds of Destruction. You can just read the Library Editions in order if you just want to read Hellboy. BPRD is very good though and worth reading as well since it's in the same universe and has more or less become the main book for the universe.

How many trades would I need to buy to catch up on BPRD at this point? It seems like a lot.

All I needed to know. An i5 with a 970 can run this thing at 66 FPS on ultra. PC day 1

Is Mirror's Edge going to be good? The last one was unique, but not really amazing.

Messi

Hm. You went in for that one? I don't know, a lot of these AoW prototypes don't fill me with confidence. I liked the Yanick Paquette one, but the painting on the face of the prototype was abominable.

Messi, isn't this like every week for you?

How many trades would I need to buy to catch up on BPRD at this point? It seems like a lot.

Is Mirror's Edge going to be good? The last one was unique, but not really amazing.

I love the art of war series. I have 4 of them with two more on order. Plus Amanda Conners one is coming soon.

As for the Marvel books. It's become a problem as I don't drop books and they haven't cancelled many while still launching new books. They have so many books right now.

I love the art of war series. I have 4 of them with two more on order. Plus Amanda Conners one is coming soon.

oh no, I like them too. I just don't seem to find too many of them that pass the Freeza test. This line seems to have some questionable QC in terms of painting.

As for the Marvel books. It's become a problem as I don't drop books and they haven't cancelled many while still launching new books. They have so many books right now.

Marvel increasing standard price to $3.99 has become a tool of wallet obliteration. Now they want $4.99 for #1's and every issue of Civil War II?

Messi

oh no, I like them too. I just don't seem to find too many of them that pass the Freeza test. This line seems to have some questionable QC in terms of painting.

Marvel increasing standard price to $3.99 has become a tool of wallet obliteration. Now they want $4.99 for #1's and every issue of Civil War II?

I have no problems with quality control in their smaller statues.

About $1200 US dollars can get you an awesome rig.

Consoles are Valiant comics and PC is an oversized $2.99 issue of your favorite Image comic.

PC gaming is my livelihood, but that analogy sucks. More like a $5 Marvel #1.

Messi

That does look great, I'm not crazy about that type of statue, though.

Nah, it's not even that. I get the style. But look at the hairline on the left side where the face meets the hair. There's no excuse for that clump all along the edge.

I'm saying they are both shit.

Man, Last Days of Magic #1 is six bucks. I think I've about had it with this price point. I am loving Dr. Strange but I'm not sure I need a book of supplementary material for six bucks. Enough is enough, I think I'm gonna skip it after all, or at least wait for impressions.

Top Bottom