• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Owzers

Dont get me started with this PS Neo bullshit :(

It's like a ps5 only not. I want one because my ps4 is loud, i had to play with headphones on last night to stop the noise from bugging me during dark souls 3. I presume it will be as quiet as the newer model ps4 but it would hilarious if it wasn't.

Zombine

Banned
It's like a ps5 only not. I want one because my ps4 is loud, i had to play with headphones on last night to stop the noise from bugging me during dark souls 3. I presume it will be as quiet as the newer model ps4 but it would hilarious if it wasn't.

It'll be even louder. Where is all that power gonna expel itself?

Man, Last Days of Magic #1 is six bucks. I think I've about had it with this price point. I am loving Dr. Strange but I'm not sure I need a book of supplementary material for six bucks. Enough is enough, I think I'm gonna skip it after all, or at least wait for impressions.

Yeah. I've enjoyed Doctor Strange a lot but unless it's received really well I'll just stick with the main series.

My PS4's fans are quiet but it keeps making this weird breathing noise.

Owzers

Yeah. I've enjoyed Doctor Strange a lot but unless it's received really well I'll just stick with the main series.

My PS4's fans are quiet but it keeps making this weird breathing noise.

You keep confusing videogame systems with people.

Rockets are watering their courts trying to take out all the warriors players. Iggy and Curry slipping in the same minute? Check for hoses.

How many trades would I need to buy to catch up on BPRD at this point? It seems like a lot.
The original series, Plague of Frogs, is collected in four big paperbacks/hardcovers. There's also the 1946-1948 HC collecting that whole section.

Hell On Earth is still ongoing so there's like 12 trades out currently. I'm sure it will be collected into big books once it's finished like PoF and the 1940s stuff though. I haven't even started Hell on Earth though.

So excluding the not finished Hell on Earth you've got five books. Not that bad.
Tyrant, I think Pancakes was the best Hellboy story ever. Lol

It's great. I think everyone likes that story!

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Obi-Wan & Anakin has been really good.

Got so many Star Wars comics to catch up on, excited too since they all seem to be of high quality.

Zombine

Banned
Obi-Wan & Anakin has been really good.

Got so many Star Wars comics to catch up on, excited too since they all seem to be of high quality.

Obi-Wan & Anakin helps make Episode 2 not be shit. It's still shit and the worst film in the franchise, but less shit.

After writing that Thor story about a villain who was wronged by gods hunting down and killing all gods, Jason Aaron writes a Doctor Strange story about a villain who was wronged by magic users hunting down and killing all magic users?

Right.

Owzers

PS neo and an Xbox 1.5 just don't sound appealing. Really interested in whatever the NX is.

The proposition for buying Nintendo systems for the 3-4 games a year that interest me until the system dies early due to a lack of support is just depressing.

george_us

PS neo and an Xbox 1.5 just don't sound appealing. Really interested in whatever the NX is.
As long as the NX still has somewhat traditional controls, I'll probably be there day one. Wii U probably has my favorite Nintendo lineup since the SNES and is definitely my favorite 8th generation line up so far.

The proposition for buying Nintendo systems for the 3-4 games a year that interest me until the system dies early due to a lack of support is just depressing.

Basically, yeah. They don't seem too fussed about Zelda and Metroid which is what I like from Nintendo. Until I see new titles from those that look appealing I'm not in for an NX. Especially since I would need a new TV before I could buy any consoles as well.

F-Zero would be nice as well but I might as well ask for next week's Lotto numbers while I'm at it.

shingi70

Banned
The NX not getting much third party support doesn't matter considering I have a Xbox One. My only real hope are the PS4 Japanese exclusives make it over to the NX.

Messi

After writing that Thor story about a villain who was wronged by gods hunting down and killing all gods, Jason Aaron writes a Doctor Strange story about a villain who was wronged by magic users hunting down and killing all magic users?

Right.

Essentially. Both are awesome.

Civil War 2 main books are 5-6 bucks, unless Bendis swerves us a not swerve, fuck that.

Yeah, if the prices are that bad, I'm not buying in.

As long as the NX still has somewhat traditional controls, I'll probably be there day one. Wii U probably has my favorite Nintendo lineup since the SNES and is definitely my favorite 8th generation line up so far.

Nintendo hasn't had a traditional controller since SNES. I wouldn't hold my breath.

TheFlow

Banned
Man, Last Days of Magic #1 is six bucks. I think I've about had it with this price point. I am loving Dr. Strange but I'm not sure I need a book of supplementary material for six bucks. Enough is enough, I think I'm gonna skip it after all, or at least wait for impressions.
if it is not 4 dollars or bellow for a tie in then I am not buying.

Boogiepop

Okay guys, before this Comixology Marvel sale wraps up: considering giving Amazing Spider-man a try since I believe you guys had positive things to say about it and I'd like to have a Spider-man title to read, so that sounds good to me (X-men would be the same, but as everyone says they all suck, that's a pass). Quick question though: What's the deal with those 1.X issues? Are those important or something to skip?

Oh, and which series has America right now, and is it good?

(Also, would be great if someone had an opinion on the Earth 2 and World's Finest and whatnot that's also on sale right now)

Messi

Okay guys, before this Comixology Marvel sale wraps up: considering giving Amazing Spider-man a try since I believe you guys had positive things to say about it and I'd like to have a Spider-man title to read, so that sounds good to me (X-men would be the same, but as everyone says they all suck, that's a pass). Quick question though: What's the deal with those 1.X issues? Are those important or something to skip?

Oh, and which series has America right now, and is it good?

(Also, would be great if someone had an opinion on the Earth 2 and World's Finest and whatnot that's also on sale right now)

You don't need the Spider-Man .1 issues. That was a different story. Skip.

America is in Ultimates right now. Its good but it isn't very character focused right now. But she is there and has a few cool bits so far.

Other than Kirby's Fourth World and Simonsons's Orion, what other major Orion runs exist?

DC Wikia lists two follow-up New Gods runs - One by Evanier and one by Pollack/Byrne. Either of these any good?

Boogiepop

You don't need the Spider-Man .1 issues. That was a different story. Skip.

America is in Ultimates right now. Its good but it isn't very character focused right now. But she is there and has a few cool bits so far.

Thanks! Also, anyone know what's screwy with Ultimates on comixology in that issue 6 doesn't seem to exist for some reason? Not sure if it's out or not, but that seems like kind of an issue. Is it something screwy where it's just not on the series page?

Top Bottom