• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Zombine

Banned
1241522-89303713858.1_1_.gif

Remember when kids (like myself) loved Toxic Avenger but knew jack shit about the source material? Remember when the toys were basically Ninja Turtles figures?

Remember when kids (like myself) loved Toxic Avenger but knew jack shit about the source material? Remember when the toys were basically Ninja Turtles figures?

There was a kid-friendly cartoon version as well.

I still wish they'd made that Alien vs. Predator cartoon that was planned in the 90s and even had a toy line, but the show never aired. Kid me loved the toys but wasn't allowed to see the films until I was much, much older.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Still reading Doctor Strange and Doctor Doom: T-something and T-other something. Pretty good so far. Mignola and Kevin Nolan did the artwork, but it's not Mignola-y enough for me.

List:

Batman 51
Doctor Strange 7 (Eff $6 for a tie in)
International Iron Man 2
Ms Marvel 6
Patsy Walker 5
Ultimates 6
Squirrel Girl 7

Messi

Okay, one more quick one (I think): All-new Wolverine, yeah or nay? Think I heard some positive stuff in here...

YES! I love that book. There was a page near the end of the first arc that let me like.

giphy.gif

The best X-Men based book at the moment imo.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
1:44am here, gonna watch some Man in the high castle then go to sleep.

Enjoy Game of Thrones, I'll watch tomorrow.

Boogiepop

Okay: one more try before I just assume it's not good because seemingly nobody here read the stuff: on that Earth 2 sale, it looks like there's the run literally titled Earth 2, the thing that's Earth 2: World's End (was that an event?), and the Power Girl/Huntress World's Finest run.

Anyone want to speak on them at all? Going to assume not worth it if not, so I guess speak now (before the sale runs out).

Messi

Haha, this ANAD Miles-Man is pretty great. Love the Picelli art.

Btw...that original Miles series I told you to buy...its also by Bendis and Pichelli. She and Bendis created Miles.

Miles solo titles have always had such amazing artists. The series is Pichelli and Marquez trading off issues with one or two Samnee issues thrown in and David Lafuente.

Btw...that original Miles series I told you to buy...its also by Bendis and Pichelli. She and Bendis created Miles.

Miles solo titles have always had such amazing artists. The series is Pichelli and Marquez trading off issues with one or two Samnee issues thrown in and David Lafuente.

Why is
Miles' mom alive now, I thought she was dead in the last series. Or did they reboot it all
?

Why is
Miles' mom alive now, I thought she was dead in the last series. Or did they reboot it all
?

Basically during Secret Wars
because Miles was the one person to offer Molecule Man, essentially the living battery sustaining Doom's universe, food, Molecule Man kept Miles and most of his supporting cast alive post-Secret Wars and revived his mom.

Messi

Basically during Secret Wars
because Miles was the one person to offer Molecule Man, essentially the living battery sustaining Doom's universe, food, Molecule Man kept Miles and most of his supporting cast alive post-Secret Wars and revived his mom.

Bendis lol. I love him but...fuck me lol.

Messi

That part was written by Hickman, but I'm sure Bendis had some say.

Oh I know that Hickman wrote it but I have no doubt that Bendis had some imput on where miles was heading and Hickman helped him out and let miles
have his family back.

Dear Marvel,

I'm happy to have Spiderman 2099 and it's written by PAD. But can we have him actually be in 2099? That wacky futuristic world was half the fun of the original series. Now he's just one of 50 spiders hanging out in present time NY

mreddie

Dear Marvel,

I'm happy to have Spiderman 2099 and it's written by PAD. But can we have him actually be in 2099? That wacky futuristic world was half the fun of the original series. Now he's just one of 50 spiders hanging out in present time NY

Heheheheh...

Soon.

Owzers

I read Darth Vader #4, the droids were the best part which isn't that surprising.

Game of Thrones season 6 opener was iffy, now to wait for hbo now to be available on ps4.

VanWinkle

Lately I've been working evening shifts, whereas it used to be primarily mornings. Because of this, my sleeping schedule goes kind of like going to bed at 3:00 am and waking up at noon. However, tomorrow (well technically today) I randomly work at 7:00 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to go to bed in time to get a full night's sleep.

Right now it's 2:35 am and I'm still not very tired, so I've decided I'm just going to stay up and go to work at 7. It's going to be very weird. I can't even remember the last time I stayed up all night and I'm still not 100% sure I'll be able to do it tonight, but I'm going to try.

To bide my time, I'm rewatching Community. Season one is just as fantastic as I remembered it being. Four more hours until work.

Lately I've been working evening shifts, whereas it used to be primarily mornings. Because of this, my sleeping schedule goes kind of like going to bed at 3:00 am and waking up at noon. However, tomorrow (well technically today) I randomly work at 7:00 am. I knew I wouldn't be able to go to bed in time to get a full night's sleep.

Right now it's 2:35 am and I'm still not very tired, so I've decided I'm just going to stay up and go to work at 7. It's going to be very weird. I can't even remember the last time I stayed up all night and I'm still not 100% sure I'll be able to do it tonight, but I'm going to try.

To bide my time, I'm rewatching Community. Season one is just as fantastic as I remembered it being. Four more hours until work.
Dude I've been there. In my experience some sleep is better than none. Even if it is only an hour or two

VanWinkle

Dude I've been there. In my experience some sleep is better than none. Even if it is only an hour or two

Yeah, I wasn't able to stay up lol. I ended up going to bed at 3:30 and getting about two and a half hours of sleep. I feel better than I thought I would, even if I AM tired.

hamchan

So I've been reading Secret Wars on Marvel Unlimited but I became impatient and just ended up buying the last two issues, so I guess Marvel wins there.

Anyways, I loved it. I loved that this comic mega event really was a Fantastic Four story in the end about Reed, Doom, and how each of them handles the responsibility of power.

Very appropriate since I joined the Hickman train with his Fantastic Four run and I'm so glad he ended the 616 universe with that family.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ANAD in full swing on MU. Angela Queen of Hel, Karnak, Uncanny Inhumans, Ant Man, Squirrel Girl, Howling Commandos #1s

Captain America, New Avengers, Spidey 2099 #2s

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
ANAD in full swing on MU. Angela Queen of Hel, Karnak, Uncanny Inhumans, Ant Man, Squirrel Girl, Howling Commandos #1s

Captain America, New Avengers, Spidey 2099 #2s

I'll probably give these a shot when I'm on MU.

EDIT: Jesus Marvel's new password requirements are ridiculously over the top.

The Walking Dead The Alien was pretty good. At this point I'd rather read a spin off comic than catch back up with the main comic or any kind of spin off of the show.

So, what's the status of East of West and Lazarus. In Image limbo are are they on a regular release schedule? Any ideas of how long either is supposed to run?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
So, what's the status of East of West and Lazarus. In Image limbo are are they on a regular release schedule? Any ideas of how long either is supposed to run?

East of West is in the middle of an arc right now. Lazarus comes back in June.

No idea how long either is supposed to run.

Top Bottom