• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

I think I read about 40 issues of Invincible before deciding I actually didnt like it much and I dont enjoy much of Kirkmans writing after TWD started feeling repetitive to me

I think I read about 40 issues of Invincible before deciding I actually didnt like it much and I dont enjoy much of Kirkmans writing after TWD started feeling repetitive to me

Speaking of Kirkman, what's with the sudden Outcast push? I saw some new copies of TWD Vol.25 being packaged with the first issue of Outcast.

Calcium

Banned
Someone post the gif of the guard opening the door

giphy.gif

Messi

I bought the first hardcover of Invincible, read it and didn't enjoy it at all. 5/10 (only for Eve)

Hardcover had a dust jacket.

DQtpT4J.gif

I am removing a point for that. 4/10

I hear a lot of people namedropping Bone as a good comic. What's it about? It always looked like comic-strip style humor comic to me. Then again I'm just basing it on the art style more than anything, really. I get the vibe that it's something more than that however, based on the way people bring it up.
I love how the guard disappears into the door. lol
It's even funnier, because based on an earlier shot with Bats walking down the halls, the door handles are on the opposite side.

I hear a lot of people namedropping Bone as a good comic. What's it about? It always looked like comic-strip style humor comic to me. Then again I'm just basing it on the art style more than anything, really. I get the vibe that it's something more than that however, based on the way people bring it up.

It's an all-ages comic, really.

After being run out of Boneville, the three Bone cousins, Fone Bone, Phoney Bone and Smiley Bone are separated and lost in a vast uncharted desert. One by one they find their way into a deep forested valley filled with wonderful and terrifying creatures. It will be the longest - but funniest - year of their lives.

It's available in a one-volume B&W edition (with the shittiest, most transparent paper ever), individual color volumes, or a one-volume color edition that tends to run pretty expensive. I got it for about $80 from Amazon. IST wants $120.

MartyStu

All-New Wolverine

Still redeeming the X-Men line 7 issues in.

Also, is Tom Taylor new? His humour is pretty Bendis-y. Not a bad thing as long as he shows restraint.

Boogiepop

BTW, how often do the non-Marvel companies get general sales on comixology? There's some stuff I would actually probably pick up now that I'm considering digital as an option, considering I was mildly afraid of them due to shelf space. IE stuff like the Valiant stuff in general and like maybe the mass of Judge Dread that's out there. So yeah, any chance of other company-wide sales popping up, or do I have to hope the roulette of series specific sales eventually lands on those?

The Angela finale was a complete clusterfuck. So sad. It's to be expected, I guess, this mangling of a book when it is suddenly canceled. It barely even made sense. The last couple of pages were a sweet send-off but the rest of the issue wasn't even coherent.

MG310

IST order came in.

I like that the quotes on the back of Wonder Woman Earth One seem to just be reviews of Grant Morrison.

TheFlow

Banned
Thought Bone was average

I found Invincible Vol1-3 to be better than a lot of Marvel/Dc stuff.

Edit: I read all of bone/rose

JTripper

Got a little choked up towards the end of Batman #51, not gonna lie. It's Snyder's love letter to this run and the fans and I thought it was really quite touching without being too sentimental. Capullo's art is also really calm and quiet; he can do no wrong.

Gonna miss this team since they've probably written my favorite run of my favorite character.

If I had to personally rank their Batman arcs in this run it would go: DotF, Court of Owls, Endgame, Zero Year, Superheavy. I love them all though.

Owzers

i can't believe Ted Cruz is announcing Carly Fiorina to be his vp. The level of gross is just so high it might ruin comics. I don't feel like enjoying things.

WOW. The ending to issue seven of Invincible was INSAAAAANE.

Teenage me was blown away when that came out. Invincible was one of the first indies I ever read, I remember catching up after his guest appearance in Kirkman's Marvel Team-Up run (that was a solid series BTW). That moment told me it wasn't going to be like my usual comics.

I am watching to see boundaries shattered.

I admit it's not the best slogan. I'm working on a new overlay with a friend who's still doing their graphic design degree, so better one....soon, ish?

I did. Seems pretty cool to me. 45 pages, Aaron bridging story.

Is it controversial somehow?

I did read the new Doc Strange and it was fantastic. Turned me around on the storyline.

Well I was just wondering if it was worth six bucks

So anyone know what
New U was referring
to in the latest Amazing Spider-Man?

No, very intriguing though. Lots of cool hints of the future on that page.

Calcium

Banned
I admit it's not the best slogan. I'm working on a new overlay with a friend who's still doing their graphic design degree, so better one....soon, ish?

All good, man. I wasn't poking fun or anything. I didn't see the boundaries get shattered, but I saw a shit ton of Thistle Tea. Well worth the trip.

Edit: IST just shipped my order. Everything is right in the world.

Top Bottom