• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Has there been any talk of ending it, btw? It doesn't feel like it has much left in it, bar nuking it and starting fresh by
having the communities fall apart and everyone get cast back into the wild essentially
, most likely needing to take the
kill Rick off and make Carl protagonist
option that I've always considered a possibility.

Pfffffft. Nope. Kirkman riding this money-train all the way to the station.

Mitch

Banned
Haven't read past volume 1 of TWD. How's the quality of the current story? Are they keeping it fresh/original or retreading the same old formula?

Boogiepop

Pfffffft. Nope. Kirkman riding this money-train all the way to the station.

Yeah, that's what I was worried about, that it's too big to let end despite what it maybe should do. Like I said before, super worried that he's just going to go
nuke everything because things have become too stable to keep having all the death and crap that the series is largely selling on
, which would suck as it would kill off a lot of what's still keeping me invested.

Edit: To the above, post, that's one thing I can definitely give the series credit on. It actually does largely avoid being completely formulaic. Like, some stuff does keep happening
IE insert periodic character death to keep people interested or whatever
, but the status quo HAS changed a lot over the course of the series. I figured it was going to fall into the pattern of "settle into place, something goes wrong and ruins it, find new place, repeat ad nauseum" early on, but it fortunately doesn't. I like parts of what's going on in the (nearly) current story, but the last "big twist" at the end of the third compendium kind of pissed me off as I mentioned in my first post this morning, so I don't know. Still like 10 issues behind or so, though, it seems.

Also, the "Character X Special"s listed on the comixology sale weren't in the compendiums, I don't think. Are those at all worth grabbing, considering they're cheap right now, or are they pointless?

Mitch

Banned
Look what the canadian government released today: http://www.bac-lac.gc.ca/eng/news/Pages/2016/acquisition-records-supersoldier-james-howlett.aspx

One of the better comic related april fools.
Pretty neat.

Quality hardcover right here:
pgOPlKc.jpg

Owzers

Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2 was not bad, might have been my favorite of the movie series but that isn't saying much. I did like enjoy the books though, and though i didn't read the other teen fiction books i did see the Maze Runner and Divergent movies which had no redeeming qualities.

I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman Earth One, my dcbs shipping schedule matches up to it's release so i should get it next week.

Mitch

Banned
Hunger Games Mockingjay part 2 was not bad, might have been my favorite of the movie series but that isn't saying much. I did like enjoy the books though, and though i didn't read the other teen fiction books i did see the Maze Runner and Divergent movies which had no redeeming qualities.

I'm looking forward to Wonder Woman Earth One, my dcbs shipping schedule matches up to it's release so i should get it next week.
I've only seen the first two Hunger Games. My dad picked up part 2 the other day. I need to get around to watching both before I move.

She's not exactly SFW, to be fair.

It's the exposed arachnid abdomen, isn't it?
I put spoiler tags on it and a NIPPLE warning.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
It shames me to say this, but Greg Land has been inoffensive (to me) on Uncanny X-Men

I've found him fine in short bursts, it's only when I notice him using the same faces over and over and over and over that it starts to bug me. Basically any panel where the Stepford Cuckoos were around drove me to madness quickly. Just because they're triplets doesn't mean they stand in the exact same pose as each other their entire lives.

Messi

I've only seen the first two Hunger Games. My dad picked up part 2 the other day. I need to get around to watching both before I move.

I put spoiler tags on it and a NIPPLE warning.

FYI spoiler tags for images don't work on mobile.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
The best part of that demo was when the main character turned into a truck because I stepped on a random tile.
I was shrunk to the size of a cup and had to climb in a dollhouse, now I was transformed into a rhinozeros while a cross of a dog and a rabbit is spamming me on my smartphone.

I think I am a way to big gajin for this game.

I was shrunk to the size of a cup and had to climb in a dollhouse, now I was transformed into a rhinozeros while a cross of a dog and a rabbit is spamming me on my smartphone.

I think I am a way to big gajin for this game.

Felt way too much like Kingdom Hearts for me.

Zombine

Banned
Boogiepop said:
Also, the "Character X Special"s listed on the comixology sale weren't in the compendiums, I don't think. Are those at all worth grabbing, considering they're cheap right now, or are they pointless?

Absolutely. Nice little bits of character depth.

Top Bottom