• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Now they just need to bring back Blink!

My main question during Secret Wars was "Where the hell are the Exiles while all this total multiversal collapse stuff is going on?"

They're likely all dead now, at least until Franklin brings their realities back. Peter David remembered the series just long enough to kill off Exiles Miguel O'Hara during Spider-Verse.

Bought both volumes(on sale right now) because of the art. still some of my favorite. think it is better than the stuff featured in millars assassin

Obviously, this does you no good if you want to own the books, but the cost of one of those bundles nearly funds an entire year of Marvel Unlimited...which has all those issues and tons more. For most people interested in Marvel's best character, it might make better sense.

Alternatively, you can wait the year it's going to take me to reach that point of my read through and check out my synopsis! I'm looking forward to all the best DD writers: Miller, Bendis, Waid,
Nocenti

Reminder to check out Elektra: Assassin if you want more of that sweet Sienkiwicz art. He does the interiors for it and it rules.

I'm sure I spelled his name wrong but still

TheFlow

Banned
Obviously, this does you no good if you want to own the books, but the cost of one of those bundles nearly funds an entire year of Marvel Unlimited...which has all those issues and tons more. For most people interested in Marvel's best character, it might make better sense.

Alternatively, you can wait the year it's going to take me to reach that point of my read through and check out my synopsis! I'm looking forward to all the best DD writers: Miller, Bendis, Waid,
Nocenti

I bought elektras whole run 2015 run for 10 dollars..what are you talking about lol. CMX is drm free.

I am using Marvel unlimited for the stuff I wouldn't normally buy. I already own most of Millars work in HC so I had np picking up Elektra Assassin and lives again for 50 bucks

Reminder to check out Elektra: Assassin if you want more of that sweet Sienkiwicz art. He does the interiors for it and it rules.

I'm sure I spelled his name wrong but still
I think it might become a general rule that any elektra solo series needs to have good art.

Messi

Do you guys have any artists that you know are widely loved but you just don't see what is so special?

Like Quietly or Allred?

I bought elektras whole run 2015 run for 10 dollars..what are you talking about lol. CMX is drm free.

I am using Marvel unlimited for the stuff I wouldn't normally buy. I already own most of Millars work in HC so I had np picking up Elektra Assassin and lives again for 50 bucks

Thought you meant the $50 DD packages on sale right now.

How is Comixology DRM free? Aside from Image. Did something change with Marvel in the past few months? The site/app IS the DRM, much like Steam is. I'm fully in the ecosystem, but it's DRM.

Messi

I think it might become a general rule that any elektra solo series needs to have good art.

Only certain publishers are DRM free. Marvel and DC aren't.

TheFlow

Banned
Thought you meant the $50 DD packages on sale right now.

How is Comixology DRM free? Aside from Image. Did something change with Marvel in the past few months? The site/app IS the DRM, much like Steam is. I'm fully in the ecosystem, but it's DRM.

lol nah son.

and oops my bad didn't know it was only certain publishers.

Do you guys have any artists that you know are widely loved but you just don't see what is so special?

Like Quietly or Allred?

I do! I also know posters who confuse one word responses with discourse, and whine and disappear when things don't go their way!

------

Which of he current Bat comics in the current sale are worth reading? I have the full Batman run. Is Nightwing good or do I just skip to Grayson? Batgirl? I'm thinking of diving in pre-Rebirth, but don't know what's worth it.

lol nah son.

and oops my bad didn't know it was only certain publishers.

Image is DRM free. I get all my books from them and download them to Dropbox. I don't think the big two allow that, but admittedly haven't checked recently. If they don't, then the site is the DRM.

Calcium

Banned
I do! I also know posters who confuse one word responses with discourse, and whine and disappear when things don't go their way!

Feel free to say what you think instead of skirting around it. Or you could keep making these kind of remarks.

lBYwEDm.gif

TheFlow

Banned
51C2pnNvYYL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

stuck at a crossroad. Buy the image bundles and then start reading the walking dead digitally like everyone else or buy the compendiums.

Messi

51C2pnNvYYL._SX319_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

stuck at a crossroad. Buy the image bundles and then start reading the walking dead digitally like everyone else or buy the compendiums.

I found the compendiums to be cumbersome and not easy to read. Digital has been a great experience.

TheFlow

Banned
I'm getting the physical compendiums myself.

I am a fan of the show but never read the comics.

I had a lot of the comics spoiled for me but I didn't mind them.

The good news is we are bound to get another walking dead/image sale this year.

TheFlow

Banned
I found the compendiums to be cumbersome and not easy to read. Digital has been a great experience.

bruh how. nothing will ever be bigger than this

B33wJoKIQAApXqp.jpg

for people wondering how heavy that book is^^^ it is more than 12 pounds. and taller than a foot

TheFlow

Banned
Messi trust me it is a problem at all. heavy but readable. The covers open up wide with probs and it comes with a ribbon bookmark.

Mitch

Banned
I am a fan of the show but never read the comics.

I had a lot of the comics spoiled for me but I didn't mind them.

The good news is we are bound to get another walking dead/image sale this year.
Same here, aside form reading volume 1 after seeing the first few seasons. If I had anything spoiled, I'm pretty sure I forgot it all.

We DramaGAF now.
Making popcorn as I post this.

bruh how. nothing will ever be bigger than this

B33wJoKIQAApXqp.jpg
Damn, that's enormous. I saw the page count of these compendiums, so I looked at a few review videos. The size won't be much of an issue for me.

Messi

Messi trust me it is a problem at all. heavy but readable. The covers open up wide with probs and it comes with a ribbon bookmark.

Thats good. Always nice when companies do a good job with hardcovers. So let down by Black Science recently. After waiting for the hardcover to come out that happens :(

VanWinkle

Like Quietly or Allred?

Quitely. I don't really like the coloring in most of his work, his really thin Ink lines and the way he details faces, and the shading style (which may coincide with the coloring). I wouldn't say he's a bad artist, though. It's just not for me. He did really good work in Morrison's Pax Americana issue.

I also hate the way Paul Pope draws faces, but I love everything else about his art, sooo

Cool, well come back when you feel like saying it.

I just did. The king of snarky remarks trying to take the high ground doesn't suit you. But, to quote a wise sage, "Why bother?"

-----

TheFlow, I checked and it looks like those Elektra issues are on Marvel Unlimited. I wasn't sure, because for a long while the Marvel Knights stuff wasn't included. Seems to be the full set. I've never actually read them. Worth checking out?

I also hate the way Paul Pope draws faces, but I love everything else about his art, sooo

Agreed. I LOVED Batman Year 100, but some of those faces were...wow. When Batman puts in his teeth.

TheFlow

Banned
BrNtmx9.jpg

Listen guys There aren't a lot of stuff that I will tell you to buy but one of them is Big Damn Sin City. what a collection piece.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Thats good. Always nice when companies do a good job with hardcovers. So let down by Black Science recently. After waiting for the hardcover to come out that happens :(

I wish my bindery made hardcover comics. We'd do'em right :) and I'd steal them all!

TheFlow

Banned
tragic comedy. Yes the elektra(2015) series is worth checking out and is a lot easier to read and follow compared to millars run. Issue 3 atm.

also glad I didn't pick up Black Science on HC. digitally wins again

Like Quietly or Allred?
I guess Capullo

I don't think he's bad or anything though. I just don't have that love for him that most people do. I think the coloring is great but he doesn't do that part.

Poor Kipp. He was planning to come back to us, but then he got distracted by some new Figuarts. RIP

Listen guys There aren't a lot of stuff that I will tell you to buy but one of them is Big Damn Sin City. what a collection piece.

Yeah, dust collection. I bought it, looked at it for ten minutes, then put it in a closet where it shall remain until the end of days. I'd previously read Sin City, and I'm not sure these kind of Miller stories age well.

tragic comedy. Yes the elektra(2015) series is worth checking out and is a lot easier to read and follow compared to millars run. Issue 3 atm.

Sweet, to the backlog it goes!

Are we gonna act like you were being snarky to me yesterday about my avatars? because thats why I posted that.

This: "Messi's avatars are like the weather here in Colorado. If you don't like it, just wait five minutes and it will change." Isn't snark. It's a joke. A pretty funny one, if I say so myself. Based on your reputation for constantly changing avatars. Someone said your current one was too creepy, and I told them to wait. And lo and behold, one day later and you have a new one! Prescient, wouldn't you say?

If that offended you then...wow. That strikes me as rather thin-skinned. BUT as my wife is quick to tell me, it's not up to me to decide what offends or doesn't offend a person.

I intended no harm, but I still apologize.

Zombine

Banned
I think that Messi and Tragiccomedy should fight. I want something to bet on other than NASCAR races on Draft Kings.

Messi

Sweet, to the backlog it goes!

This: "Messi's avatars are like the weather here in Colorado. If you don't like it, just wait five minutes and it will change." Isn't snark. It's a joke. A pretty funny one, if I say so myself. Based on your reputation for constantly changing avatars. Someone said your current one was too creepy, and I told them to wait. And lo and behold, one day later and you have a new one! Prescient, wouldn't you say?

If that offended you then...wow. That strikes me as rather thin-skinned. BUT as my wife is quick to tell me, it's not up to me to decide what offends or doesn't offend a person.

I intended no harm, but I still apologize.

Wasn't offended but fair enough. Lets just drop this as it is pointless and no one has anything to gain from arguing.

Messi

I think that Messi and Tragiccomedy should fight. I want something to bet on other than NASCAR races on Draft Kings.

What happened draft kings? they were sponsoring every podcast under the sun for a few months and now nothing.

Top Bottom