• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Busaiku

Haven't read Wonder Woman yet, but among the Super, Batman, and Teen Titans Earth One books, Batman was definitely my least favorite.
It definitely feels the most different, with a bumbling Bruce, but the adherence to the more grounded nature just isn't for me.

I had a sudden realization about Civil War (the movie) this morning. I'll tag it since it involves speculation based on more speculation but here goes.

If'n they do kill Cap at the end I think they're going to go straight to Sam Cap and Winter Soldier will be more of a rogue element after the death.

I had a sudden realization about Civil War (the movie) this morning. I'll tag it since it involves speculation based on more speculation but here goes.

If'n they do kill Cap at the end I think they're going to go straight to Sam Cap and Winter Soldier will be more of a rogue element after the death.

I kind of think the opposite.
If he dies his death will cause some rally or change of the avengers and the title will be given to Bucky to dispel the Winter Soldier bad blood.

I kind of think the opposite.
If he dies his death will cause some rally or change of the avengers and the title will be given to Bucky to dispel the Winter Soldier bad blood.

I kind of feel like
they made the Falcon decision, MCU-wise a long time ago and thus made the change in the comics. Bucky was only Cap for a short and confusing while and wasn't involved in a lot of dope stuff. If people come out of CW wanting FalCap it would bring them to a bunch of current books. It's also closer to Buck's current Status Quo. I mean, who knows, really, but Bucky as Cap leaned on a whole bunch of character history, a connection with Black Widow that currently doesn't exist, etc. But Sam as Cap benefits from so many things both in contemporary culture and in the MCU, I feel like it's too good to pass up. (IF they do kill Cap.) I mean, think about it. A movie subtitled Civil War comes out in 2016 and ends with a Black Captain America? That's not just an exciting plot twist, that's as groundbreaking as Rey taking up her lightsaber.

I kind of feel like
they made the Falcon decision, MCU-wise a long time ago and thus made the change in the comics. Bucky was only Cap for a short and confusing while and wasn't involved in a lot of dope stuff. If people come out of CW wanting FalCap it would bring them to a bunch of current books. It's also closer to Buck's current Status Quo. I mean, who knows, really, but Bucky as Cap leaned on a whole bunch of character history, a connection with Black Widow that currently doesn't exist, etc. But Sam as Cap benefits from so many things both in contemporary culture and in the MCU, I feel like it's too good to pass up. (IF they do kill Cap.) I mean, think about it. A movie subtitled Civil War comes out in 2016 and ends with a Black Captain America? That's not just an exciting plot twist, that's as groundbreaking as Rey taking up her lightsaber.

Yeah....that's kind of hard to argue against. :lol

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I hope there wont be a Cap until they revive him in Infinity War.
Makes the impact better. (Under the assumption that they kill him of course)

Otherwise, having Captain Falcon in the movies would be fun for the reactions of the racist shit heads alone.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Talking about a movie and posting theories without tags is fine, I think its a little bit to much when one even put those in spoilers.

Actual Spoilers are another thing.

'Betty & Veronica' by Adam Hughes still happening, gets July release date (CBR)

upload-a01af.jpg

BETTY AND VERONICA #1
IT’S BETTY VS. VERONICA! The most highly-anticipated debut in comics history is here! Betty and Veronica are America’s sweethearts… until they turn on each other! “Pops’ Chocklit Shoppe is being taken over by a huge coffee company. When Betty and Veronica go head-to-head over the issue, all bets are off! Friendships will shatter. Cities will burn. Nails will be broken. Betty and Veronica are back in this ALL-NEW #1 from comics legend Adam Hughes (Wonder Woman, Catwoman)!

Script: Adam Hughes
Art: Adam Hughes
Cover: Adam Hughes
Variant Covers: Stephanie Buscema, Cliff Chiang, Veronica Fish, Francesco Francavilla, Chip Zdarsky, and more!
On Sale Date: 7/20
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.
Look for the second issue this time next year! ;p

Could a grimdark Batman make sense given the current happenings? Fresh Batman with memories newly implanted without a lot of the experience of time? Could be back to a young fresh angry for vengeance Batman.

Tizoc

Guys, if we're giving book recommendations, I consider Transformers: More than Meets the Eye a super important one to throw out there, as that book is super crazy awesome and there is no way people will stumble upon it without an explicit recommendation. Like, even if you don't like Transformers. Hell, even if you explicitly dislike Transformers, give it a try, as it's really, really good.

IDW's TMNT also deserves a mention as well, as that's also quite great.

(Just wanted to throw that out there amongst all the awesome Image stuff already mentioned).

I've been re-reading the first 3 volumes of James Roberts and Nick Roche's TF run (MTMTE) and I swear every time I finish reading a page I want to write a long ass essay about that one single page.

Got a new galaxy tab s2. Well, a refurb anyways.

Dropped a bunch of comics on its storage but forgot the cbz reader.

My friend uses comic rack, does comicsGAF think he's dumb?

Thanks!

I wish I could remember but it was just one line during the live stream.

Oh, that? Thought there was a new interview :p

Yeah, I think that was more about him talking about how he was going to follow in Snyder's footsteps with regards to drawing from his own past and experiences. I don't think it's going to be particularly dark; Sheriff of Babylon is actually lighter than Vision, and maybe a little bit more upbeat than The Omega Men.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

Thanks!

I've used Comic Zeal. It's pretty easy to get files into it, it automagically can sort by series, and it has maybe the best file sorting system that I've seen.

There's also a cool thing where it takes the color from the upper left corner of the page and makes that the color around the edges of the page, which I think is more interesting than just having it be black or white.

I've only used it for things from the Humble Bundles and Private Eyes, but it's does stuff that I wish Comixology would adopt.

Any thoughts on Morning Glories here? Heard it recommended on a podcast talking about WicDiv and thought it sounded interesting.

I read it a lot longer than I should have. Got to about 40 issues by the time I dropped it. Really liked the art, but Jesus that story was the slowest burn in the history of slow burns.

I'm guessing his Green Arrow run hasn't been promising?

It's been pretty ehhh, with the gist of every story being white people bad. It'd be fine if it just wasn't so over the top with it. Like the latest issue is Ollie in Africa with a gang called the "Whites"(They paint their face white and call themselves that because they rape, pillage and steal everything like the whites) and he's there to get a miracle cure for being a werewolf which are all being segregated and even hunted down by "The patriots" who is some coocoo religious group.

It's just beating your head in with MESSAGE in every page.

otakukidd

Thanks!
I use comic rack. Works really well and I like it a lot. I also use es file explorer to move CBR files from my PC to the tablet wirelessly from the tablet. Used to manually have to do it and was a pain.

Top Bottom