• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Hellers

I use comic rack. Works really well and I like it a lot. I also use es file explorer to move CBR files from my PC to the tablet wirelessly from the tablet. Used to manually have to do it and was a pain.

I use comic rack as well. I prefer some of the readers on iOS but I find my Nvidia Shield a more convenient size to read my comics on than an iPad (Plus I get to use my 65gig sd card to store comixology stuff).

I use X-Plore when I want to transfer something wirelessly but most of the time I just do it over USB since it's about 8 billion times quicker :)

frye

Is this something he's said? That seems kind of in contrast with the run on GA.

the first comic i think he did was a two part Detective story w/ John Paul Leon where the first part set up a pretty cool locked room mystery and the second part solves it by having batman call a friend (dick grayson) and having dick torture the fuck outta some russian eurobaddie for answers

I agree. I like bendis and I'm actually shocked so many people dislike his work. I think he's a good writer. Sure he has issues with plot holes in lots of his works but Idk, I still like it. Like I can over look them. Maybe I'm weird.

--

Does anyone know any other good websites for reading order list specifically for Marvel right now? I'm currently using comic book Herald who's so awesome but Im also looking for someone with a different perspective. Any suggestions or should comic OT be my guide :)?
I think Bendis excels when it comes to solo street level books. It suits his style more. Stuff like Daredevil, Spider-Man, and Alias are all solid to great.

I don't have recommendations for a guide myself, I tend to avoid events for the most part if you were looking for that. You could always just ask away if you needed to know something in particular and you'll probably get some answers. And if you want recommendations you could always ask.

Boogiepop

Guys, does the Hellboy in Mexico trade that just came out overlap with the Hellboy: House of the Living Dead trade I already own? Do I need both for my collection?

Also, is the Superman: Emperor Joker trade worth buying, or is it not?

the first comic i think he did was a two part Detective story w/ John Paul Leon where the first part set up a pretty cool locked room mystery and the second part solves it by having batman call a friend (dick grayson) and having dick torture the fuck outta some russian eurobaddie for answers

Funny, Dick was basically begging Helena to torture Orphan to find out where Mother was in BRE. Is this some New 52 development for Grayson?

PsychBat!

Banned
CfS59TxUAAAeX2k.jpg:large

Messi

Karl Kerschl is coming back to Gotham Academy. He is doing covers and joining Becky Cloonan and Brenden Fletcher on writing.

JTripper

Just got the Daredevil Omnibus Companion and it's really nice. Great supplemental script pages by Miller included.

Now I just need to rearrange my shelves to make room for more Batman :p

12992865_10201823744712065_1605591583_n.jpg

I've used Comic Zeal. It's pretty easy to get files into it, it automagically can sort by series, and it has maybe the best file sorting system that I've seen.

There's also a cool thing where it takes the color from the upper left corner of the page and makes that the color around the edges of the page, which I think is more interesting than just having it be black or white.

I've only used it for things from the Humble Bundles and Private Eyes, but it's does stuff that I wish Comixology would adopt.

Comic Zeal gets my vote. It has the best UI of all the different readers I've tried.

Sandfox

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/superwomans-secret-identity-arch-enemy-revealed

Superwoman premise:
SUPERWOMAN
HER DEAL: Imbued with the powers of Superman, Lois Lane pledges to use her powers to protect Metropolis as the new Superwoman. The only problem is, Lois' new powers are killing her, and neither she nor her friend and confidant Lana Lang know what to do about it. Will Lois even survive long enough to find out the deadly secret of ULTRA-WOMAN?
APPEARING IN: SUPERWOMAN written and drawn by Phil Jimenez.
STATUS QUO SHIFT: From star reporter to superhero!
WHY THEY WEAR THE SHIELD: To continue the legacy of Superman and make the world a better place!
I think this story might already exist...

Also, it'd kinda weird how DC is making a Superman family where
their main reasoning for becoming heroes is to continue Superman's legacy.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
This is 100% off topic (and a repost from the Mental Health thread), but I care about what you guys think and I need as much advice as possible, so here goes:

Also, in case you forgot, I was offered (and accepted) an assistant manager position at Banana Republic in New Hampshire. My start date is the 24th and I plan to leave on Friday or Saturday of this week (well, depending on the decision I make obviously).

So anyways, just for fun I threw my resume up on Craigslist in the area I currently live. I just had an hour long chat with a guy who wants to hire me for his headhunting business.
I'm gonna think about it today and tomorrow and get advice from my parents and whatnot, but yeah. That could happen...
Also worth noting that I'd still be moving away and buying a house, except I'd be just a couple hours driving distance from home instead of 45 hours. I'd be living in a gorgeous mountain town which is one of the places I would love to live at, but the main issue is that there aren't really any jobs up there. This is a work from home position though, so I'd be able to live there and work.

The more I think about it, the more I'm feeling like I'm gonna do this. Here are my reasons:
- Now that I actually have an opportunity to move far away from home, I've realized that I don't think I actually want to move away from my family.
- Retail has never been my passion, it's just something that I've done for a while and don't mind at all and so I've rolled with it. This "executive search" (headhunting) business on the other hand seems like something that I could possibly enjoy enough to make a career of. Or at least something that could lead to something else I enjoy more than retail. It seems more intellectually stimulating and like something that would be a little more fulfilling in terms of taking advantage of the potential I have. It really does seem like something new and interesting that I could end up really enjoying.
- It seems pretty lucrative. I'm skeptical about the $70k-$100k that the guy was telling me I could reasonably expect to make (it's mostly commission based pay), but even if I made half that I'd be completely pleased. And I don't really have any logical reason to be skeptical. The guy went into great detail about everything and it all added up.
- Worst case scenario, the job doesn't work out and I have all of my savings and moving back in with my parents to fall back on. Best case scenario, I strike it rich doing something I enjoy. Those aren't too bad of odds.

Am I crazy here, guys? Am I just fishing for any opportunity to not move away and doing it for all the wrong reasons? Or does this actually make sense?
Right now it sounds really great to me, however, I'm really worried that I'd be making the decision just because it's the easy thing to do rather than it being the right thing to do. But then on the other hand, being the hard choice doesn't by default make it the right choice (if that makes sense).
My parents are totally on board with the idea. Mostly due to the fact that they really don't want me to move so far away, but also because they think it could be a good fit for me.

Anyways, I'd love some thoughts from an outside perspective here.

... I threw my resume up on Craigslist...

...for his headhunting business....

...work from home position...

...This "executive search" (headhunting) business...

...It seems pretty lucrative....

...$70k-$100k that the guy was telling me I could reasonably expect to make...

...commission based pay...

...I don't really have any logical reason to be skeptical...

Am I crazy here, guys?

So... yeah.

Am I just fishing for any opportunity to not move away and doing it for all the wrong reasons?

That's what it sounds like. Decide separately on whether you want to move.

[Irrespective of whether you move, why not work this "commission based job" on the weekends and evenings considering it is a work from home job.]

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
So... yeah.

That's what it sounds like. Decide separately on whether you want to move.

[Irrespective of whether you move, why not work this "commission based job" on the weekends and evenings considering it is a work from home job.]

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate it.
It's incredibly difficult for me to know right now if I'm thinking clearly or just acting on my emotions, so I need all the outside opinions I can get.

One issue with the working weekends and evenings is that since you're calling people at their work, you obviously have to call them on weekdays during work hours. However, since I'd be working retail in this hypothetical situation, I'd be working mainly on weekends and during irregular hours anyways, so that wouldn't be an issue. AKA that could certainly work and is definitely something I'll consider. Thank you!

And regarding your skepticism about the legitimacy of the job, I guess you'll just have to take me at my word that I feel 99% sure that this is legit. Trust me, I'm incredibly skeptical when it comes to Craigslist, but I feel like I've got a pretty good radar for this kind of thing. I mean, I did get my first full-time job using the exact same method of throwing my resume on Craigslist and everyone on here was telling me that it was a scam then too.
But yeah, with that said, I feel quite confident that this is legitimate, so that's not really one of the things I'm worried about.

I want to say I really like this new trend I'm seeing with DC and new trades for digital versions and selling them less than print cover price. For example Wonder Woman Earth One. Cover price $22.99. CMX Price? $14.99.

Maybe it's an Amazon influence? The print HC is $15.89 and Kindle is $13.79. But then marvel new trades on CMX are not. So who knows.

But this is great stuff. Not something I expected to see in the digital storefront.

fertygo

I want to say I really like this new trend I'm seeing with DC and new trades for digital versions and selling them less than print cover price. For example Wonder Woman Earth One. Cover price $22.99. CMX Price? $14.99.

Maybe it's an Amazon influence? The print HC is $15.89 and Kindle is $13.79. But then marvel new trades on CMX are not. So who knows.

But this is great stuff. Not something I expected to see in the digital storefront.

I rather they support DRM free backup than reduced price tbh :(

Top Bottom