• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Opinions on Corto Maltese?

All i seem to recall from reading a bit of it a decade ago is that, much like Dylan Dog, it was pulp as fuck and not particularly remarkable, but that might've been down to the publisher down here opting to start printing from the very beginning, instead of pulling a greatest hits.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I finished AoA over the weekend (I also failed the Sillymonkey challenge) so tonight I've started to dig into my meager backlog.....

Cry Havoc #3 - This one just keeps getting better. It does really good job of switching between the 3 time periods and all parts of the story are holding their own so far. I also love how Ottar pleasuring himself in the background of panels has become the new Where's Waldo.

Injection #8 - This issue didn't move the story along very much but we did learn that Headland will have sex with pretty much anyone. Shalvey also brought his A-game this issue as there were a lot of beautiful panels.

Rat Queens #15 - well that was a sad issue. Though not as sad as it could have been I suppose.

Zombine

Banned
Opinions on Corto Maltese?

All i seem to recall from reading a bit of it a decade ago is that, much like Dylan Dog, it was pulp as fuck and not particularly remarkable, but that might've been down to the publisher down here opting to start printing from the very beginning, instead of pulling a greatest hits.

I've been repping this for a while. Dig it. I want to be him. Love me some Italian & French comics.

shingi70

Banned
So new 52 Lois is Superwoman.

The expansion of the Superman books is cool but it's lame that this mean's were going to have five character's (Superdad, superboy, supergirl, superwoman, new Super-Man) with all the same powers when Steel who has a Unique world view is off to side.

I have inquired about buying only my second original art page from one of my favorite artist. I'm not saying who and what yet because of what happened to Messi. Lol.

The expansion of the Superman books is cool but it's lame that this mean's were going to have five character's (Superdad, superboy, supergirl, superwoman, new Super-Man) with all the same powers when Steel who has a Unique world view is off to side.

Not redundant if you only read one of those books. :D

Steel would be pretty baller, but then we'd have 2 books starring characters who do Cyborg's job better than he does.

The GAF leak of Civil War 2 is correct.

FUCKING BENDIS. KISS MY ASS.

Refresh my memory, what was that again?

I didn't even know one of those characters was in the movie. :/

This is about the comic event Civil War 2, not the movie, lol.

I liked......one of them!

Disappointed.

But they'll be back eventually. We all know how it goes by now.

I gotchu fam

Dead-No-More-Fall-2016-Amazing-Spider-Man-Marvel.jpg

mreddie

At least I have morbid curiosity to the Wasp thing but man, I can't justify getting any CW2 related and yet, it's tying in to 5 books in my Q.

Bendis = Comic Book Vince Russo.

ElNarez

Banned
War Machine's missile gets swerved by Medusa and hits She Hulk. Rhodey checks on Jen, fearing the worst only for Thanos to shove his fist though Rhodey.

okay how the fuck does that happen when he's just popped up from literally nothing in Ultimates

god this event is gonna suck

WORSE THAN MILLAR'S

Savitar

I've been through so many of these events characters dying means little to me any more, it's just, shrug my shoulders, know they'll be back and go on with things. If death had any real finality to it in comics it would be a different story.

Also pretty amused how all the spoilers looked about this came back to Neogaf due to that poster who said it in January.

Bendis in full keep cashin dem checks mode

edit: we all know marvel events are decided by editorial/writer retreats. Bendis, like almost every event writer before him (including himself!), is just the script writer.

Messi

Bendis in full keep cashin dem checks mode

edit: we all know marvel events are decided by editorial/writer retreats. Bendis, like almost every event writer before him (including himself!), is just the script writer.

You think people care about rational things like this?

shingi70

Banned
Okay, someone tell me how the Age of Ultron event was done...

Spider-man woke up and everyone was dead, Ultron Wins and Captain America and others go into the future and die. Wolverine and Sue Storm kill Hank Pym which causes time fuckery and then Wolverine Kills himself which causes more time fuckery. Nothing really happens expect that it stops time Travel from working correctly so Spidey 2099 and the OG X-men are stuck in out timeline, expect time does work when Cap is thrown into the future and Kang take's Black Bolt's kid outside the time stream.

mreddie

Spider-man woke up and everyone was dead, Ultron Wins and Captain America and others go into the future and die. Wolverine and Sue Storm kill Hank Pym which causes time fuckery and then Wolverine Kills himself which causes more time fuckery. Nothing really happens expect that it stops time Travel from working correctly so Spidey 2099 and the OG X-men are stuck in out timeline, expect time does work when Cap is thrown into the future and Kang take's Black Bolt's kid outside the time stream.

Even when it sounds simple. I'm still fucking confused.

Top Bottom