• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2016. I Think You're Fearless

Sandfox

So New Wasp is...
A Russian named Nadia, that Hank has never met before, but has the ability to shrink herself without equipment, and seems to believe she has a right to claim Hank's lab as her own. And of course, has said to be Janet's step daughter.

Waid...what are you doing?

If she's Pym's daughter than my guess was right lol.

Okay, I just checked out the leaks

She-Hulk is obviously only mostly dead. She'll be fine.

I dunno, the GAF leak predicted too much of this for it not to be true. It's weird that the CW2 #0 cover also conveniently features She-Hulk and Warmachine predominantly.

Could be just a fake-out I guess, but this is something Bendis would do.

ElNarez

Banned
Bendis in full keep cashin dem checks mode

edit: we all know marvel events are decided by editorial/writer retreats. Bendis, like almost every event writer before him (including himself!), is just the script writer.

I mean, Infinity and Secret Wars spun out of Hickman's Avengers, so he probably had them plotted beforehand, SIXIS spun out of Remender's Uncanny Avengers, so god knows how it got to be that trainwreck, which leaves out Original Sin, but that was small-scale enough that I can see it being Aaron taking point.

The only one that really fits your description is AvX, and lord knows how that turned out.

I dunno, the GAF leak predicted too much of this for it not to be true. It's weird that the CW2 #0 cover also conveniently features She-Hulk and Warmachine predominantly.

Could be just a fake-out I guess, but this is something Bendis would do.

To me it is an obvious fake. It's the oldest fake in the book, even Bendis has gone to this well before. Pan out, big booms, no body

Messi

I mean, Infinity and Secret Wars spun out of Hickman's Avengers, so he probably had them plotted beforehand, SIXIS spun out of Remender's Uncanny Avengers, so god knows how it got to be that trainwreck, which leaves out Original Sin, but that was small-scale enough that I can see it being Aaron taking point.

The only one that really fits your description is AvX, and lord knows how that turned out.

We don't know how much changed with those events once they spun out and became bigger.

Savitar

Remember folks, it can always be worse.

It could end with Strange coming out of no where to explain what happened in a page or three of floating heads.

Or have that reporter show up and tell Cap he doesn't know anything because he doesn't use Myspace.

Remember Myspace guys and girls?

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Remember folks, it can always be worse.

It could end with Strange coming out of no where to explain what happened in a page or three of floating heads.

Or have that reporter show up and tell Cap he doesn't know anything because he doesn't use Myspace.

Remember Myspace guys and girls?

Or it could end in a weak ass slap fight between Reed and Doom.

Editorial hijacks almost all events. Hickman is the only one who had his plans kept mostly unchanged.

Events that are guided by editorial hand more than anything
Avengers Dissassembled
Fear Itself
Civil War
Siege
AvX
Civil War 2
Age of Ultron
Ultimatum

Events definitely hijacked by editorial that were spun out of pre existing titles
Reborn
Axis
WWH
One More Day

Not sure where Original Sin or Secret Invasion fall in there.

It was a miracle Infinity and Secret Wars came out as is. Marvel events have hamstrung every good writer they

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
I'm retreading The Black Mirror, because DickBats is the best obviously, and it really bugs me that Francesco Francavilla signs so many of his pages. It takes me out of the story, because every time there's a cool splash page, I find myself looking around to see where he signed it.

But anyway DickBats, more like DickGOAT, am I right?

War Machine's missile gets swerved by Medusa and hits She Hulk. Rhodey checks on Jen, fearing the worst only for Thanos to shove his fist though Rhodey.

Sometimes a fool needs reminding that it is only rarely that Big Pub events are indeed excellent, and that most of the time they are...well.... that.

This might very well be one of those times.

While i've halted my reading of SW and everything around it at ish... 5... (i think) imma go ahead and assume that what you saying is that Hickman continued his fine tradition of being Not Very Good At All at writing endings.

PsychBat!

Banned

tumblr_mtw2zqnYon1rxgee9o1_500.jpg

Owzers

I'm finding Star Wars' story to be rather dull, issue #10 hit MU today. The Han/Leia stuff is especially bad and now it's just rolling into finding Luke apparently.

Vyer

I think I actually read some 'Ronan is the same level as Vader and Joker' posts in that MCU villains thread.

what is happening

frye

I'm retreading The Black Mirror, because DickBats is the best obviously, and it really bugs me that Francesco Francavilla signs so many of his pages. It takes me out of the story, because every time there's a cool splash page, I find myself looking around to see where he signed it.

But anyway DickBats, more like DickGOAT, am I right?

the greatest of all time dick

I can't explain it, but after spending so much time catching up on DC and reading everything DC every time I try to read something on MU I get bored. That Sam Cap #1 was pretty good though.

shingi70

Banned
I'm going to buy Civil War 2 for the Lulz and the love I have the original event.

What happened to Bendis when Spider-man and the Iron Man books are still good.

I still like Bendis. I just don't read stuff from him I don't like the characters of. Like Iron man and avengers or whatever.

I agree. I like bendis and I'm actually shocked so many people dislike his work. I think he's a good writer. Sure he has issues with plot holes in lots of his works but Idk, I still like it. Like I can over look them. Maybe I'm weird.

--

Does anyone know any other good websites for reading order list specifically for Marvel right now? I'm currently using comic book Herald who's so awesome but Im also looking for someone with a different perspective. Any suggestions or should comic OT be my guide :)?

I'm finding Star Wars' story to be rather dull, issue #10 hit MU today. The Han/Leia stuff is especially bad and now it's just rolling into finding Luke apparently.

I actually just dropped this,, and Darth Vader... i think
lol It's decent,, I just need to quit hanging on to books just because

Top Bottom