• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS!!! |OT| April 2017 - Now Featuring Superstar Artist Brett Booth - APRIL FOALS!

The comics wouldn't be an afterthought, it would be all one big service. I doubt WB would launch a whole service with such bare products and expect to see profit.

But I guess we'll have to wait for more details.

I wish I could be that optimistic. I just can't see them making an announcement centered around two tv shows coming in 2018 and then just hinting at an MU-esque Comic service possibly being in conjunction with it. I just can't see how that isn't the bigger announcement to have when the shows won't be out until next year.

Ross61

I wish I could be that optimistic. I just can't see them making an announcement centered around two tv shows coming in 2018 and then just hinting at an MU-esque Comic service possibly being in conjunction with it. I just can't see how that isn't the bigger announcement to have when the shows won't be out until next year.
I'm can't possibly see how it would be anything else that what I described especially after what was basically leaked by BC and the surveys. Just doesn't seem possible to me.

Read through the front half (the one with the pictures) of Fire!!: The Zora Neale Hurston Story. Very interesting read about someone I did not have much previous knowledge about. It wasn't a straight biography of sorts but I liked Bagge's storytelling method of abruptly cutting between various points/phases of her life. The second half of the book is prose with a lot of background/footnotes on the comic, will dig into that tonight.

I don't know why D&Q can't host proper excerpts on their website...

This book is going through a controversy. A lot of black women artists despise that this important story was not only drawn by a white artists but looks like he's using every visual black stereotype. I won't lie the art looks very sambo-like.

This book is going through a controversy. A lot of black women artists despise that this important story was not only drawn by a white artists but looks like he's using every visual black stereotype. I won't lie the art looks very sambo-like.

Bagge is White?! Wow, that makes a lot of things in the book super problematic.

Muliversity has a review up of "By Chance or providence", Cloonan's self published tpb of short stories. I missed out on the original run but Image is putting it out iiin July or August, will definitely pick this version up. Anyone here read it or have any interest?

clicky

ByChanceOrProvidenceTP_cvr.jpg

frye

man if you're gonna say something like that you gotta point to some better examples because nothing whatsinaname posted looks particularly "sambo-like" to me?

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Please dont be angry with me for now knowing about it, but what is that thing with 40s Warner Cartoons? I expect its something racist, but I have no idea what you actual mean.

caliph95

Please dont be angry with me for now knowing about it, but what is that thing with 40s Warner Cartoons? I expect its something racist, but I have no idea what you actual mean.
His art from what i've seen is nowhere near as bad but here examples from google:
Code:
[IMG]http://reenied.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Uncle-Toms-Bungalow.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com.au/uploaded_images/tinpan10z-755703.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com.au/uploaded_images/coalblackdopey-746161.jpg[/IMG]

man if you're gonna say something like that you gotta point to some better examples because nothing whatsinaname posted looks particularly "sambo-like" to me?

It works for white characters but for black characters there's a lot of emphasis on the lips and cheek bones.

So bland compared to the previous entries. Just utterly devoid of style. Game will probably be fun but damn, can't say I'm not disappointed by that. Capcom's art in the series has always been incredible between Bengus, Nishimura, and Shinkiro.

That sucks, I totally agree about the previous games, especially the second game in terms of the pure art, while 3 has a ton of slick style and flair.

What happened?

A whole bunch of things, but the main one for me was they completely overhauled their equivalent to Paragon Levels and drastically nerfed anyone who'd been playing longer than a few minutes as a result. There was a bunch of other shit but I had a ton of progress wiped out and it was infuriating.

The main reason I liked Marvel Heroes apart from the licensing was the sense of progression, especially the account-based aspects. It was the most bar-fillingest game ever in a world where every other decent action RPG locks everything behind hardcore mode and seasons.

A whole bunch of things, but the main one for me was they completely overhauled their equivalent to Paragon Levels and drastically nerfed anyone who'd been playing longer than a few minutes as a result. There was a bunch of other shit but I had a ton of progress wiped out and it was infuriating.

The main reason I liked Marvel Heroes apart from the licensing was the sense of progression. It was the most bar-fillingest game ever in a world where every other decent action RPG locks everything behind hardcore mode and seasons.

Ah man that is shit. I would walk away from the game that did that to me and never come back

caliph95

All we know it's that they are avenger games developed by Eidos and Crystal dynamics, Eidos made those modern Deus Ex and reboot Tomb raider games

Top Bottom